Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, featuring details on the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"The first update mostly talked about some of the planned Gameplay fixes but we've also focused on some other important, non-gameplay related fixes as well including Uniforms, Franchise Stat tuning, Replays and Scriptables. The uniform updates include updating the Seattle Seahawks' home uniform to default their home pants to be blue instead of white as well as adding in their new eye popping Neon Green uniforms that they wore in Week 3 against the Bears. We've also added tribute stickers to the Titans' helmets for Steve McNair and the Eagles' helmets for former Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson.

Some more updates that we have made based on the community feedback center around Replays. We've doubled the amount of time a replay could be recorded so longer plays, such as kick/punt returns or long interception/fumble returns would not have the beginning part of the play cut off. We have also increased the frequency of Auto Instant replays (especially after touchdowns), based on your feedback that told us they weren't appearing enough. Other updates include reducing the number of times the Chain Gang Measurement scene will trigger during the game and extending the time that we are in postplay by 2 seconds to give more time for the presentation of certain shots to finish before being cut off too early. The user will still of course be able to button through these if they want.

Finally, our resident Franchise guru Josh Looman, has been working hard at tuning stats for Franchise mode. He has increased the number of touchdowns HB's score in a season, decreased QB passing yards and touchdown passes per season, and increased sacks for 3-4 OLB's while decreasing sacks for MLB's and DT's. He has also decreased the injury chances for players with high injury ratings."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 RGiles36 @ 12/03/09 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yeah Rgiles, this has been a problem with EA's [maybe 2K as well] football games since...well, forever.

When you do have franchise games come down to the last few minutes, it's pretty frustrating to see the AI turn idiotic. Hopefully soon, EA will give the late game AI decision making, the attention it needs.
Vikes! Good to hear from you man--hope all is well .

The late game AI would be more frustrating to me had I come back and won a game off of the AI's deficiencies. But to this point, it hasn't happened (and hopefully it doesn't). Otherwise, it would be a real pain in the rear.

# 162 gtmizundastood @ 12/03/09 10:51 AM
I am banking on early Friday morning. I've been mad patient. I'm ready for this patch.

# 163 Stacks @ 12/03/09 11:04 AM
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but has anyone figured out if we have to restart our franchise or not after the patch? I saw a while back that people were arguing about it but didn't see a definitive answer as to yes or no.

I'm so tired of waiting for this thing that I'm tired of being tired. I just want to start my franchise now.

# 164 sbird91939 @ 12/03/09 11:37 AM
Will this patch require an offline franchise restart? Or can we just keep going?

# 165 RGiles36 @ 12/03/09 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmizundastood
I am banking on early Friday morning. I've been mad patient. I'm ready for this patch.
I don't know man--you don't think there would be announcement made to say, "The patch goes live tomorrow...?" I could be very wrong, but I'm not expecting it for another week or two. That's just me.

# 166 RumbleCard @ 12/03/09 01:15 PM
This is about to be the longest I've ever seen a patch in third party hands. Two weeks is the max I've seen. I'd be shocked to see this go three weeks.

Has anyone ever seen a patch in third party hands for more than two weeks? A week is normal.

# 167 BlueNGold @ 12/03/09 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I don't know man--you don't think there would be announcement made to say, "The patch goes live tomorrow...?" I could be very wrong, but I'm not expecting it for another week or two. That's just me.
Typically there isn't an announcement about the patch being out until after it's already out. So now we just have to sit and wait and keep hoping that the update pops up soon.

# 168 countryboy @ 12/03/09 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
This is about to be the longest I've ever seen a patch in third party hands. Two weeks is the max I've seen. I'd be shocked to see this go three weeks.

Has anyone ever seen a patch in third party hands for more than two weeks? A week is normal.
yes. last year a patch for the PS3 version of NCAA Football had a problem with it, was rejected by MS/Sony had to be fixed and resubmitted. I honestly don't remember the overall timeframe from the time the 360 version released to the release of the PS3 version.

# 169 RGiles36 @ 12/03/09 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Typically there isn't an announcement about the patch being out until after it's already out. So now we just have to sit and wait and keep hoping that the update pops up soon.
In the last couple years, I've noticed some kind of announcement that's usually made. It's usually not in the form of a press release or anything, but typically someone from EA will say the expected launch is blah-blah-blah. Then again, the last two years EA was interacting with us a lot more. But I don't expect for the patch to just appear without some sort of 'heads-up' from EA.

# 170 jinc1019 @ 12/03/09 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
In the last couple years, I've noticed some kind of announcement that's usually made. It's usually not in the form of a press release or anything, but typically someone from EA will say the expected launch is blah-blah-blah. Then again, the last two years EA was interacting with us a lot more. But I don't expect for the patch to just appear without some sort of 'heads-up' from EA.
I hope you are wrong about this because we have no heads up as far as I can tell and I am sick of waiting for this patch

# 171 grismosw @ 12/03/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinc1019
I hope you are wrong about this because we have no heads up as far as I can tell and I am sick of waiting for this patch
We are going on 4 months since this game has been released and we still don't have the final product. Disgusting.

# 172 mike24forever @ 12/03/09 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
We are going on 4 months since this game has been released and we still don't have the final product. Disgusting.
Listen, you had the final product 4 months ago. We are fortunate that they are even patching the game.

# 173 grismosw @ 12/03/09 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Listen, you had the final product 4 months ago. We are fortunate that they are even patching the game.
What era are you gaming in? Certainly not this era where developers a rushing unfinished product to the market.

# 174 mike24forever @ 12/03/09 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
What era are you gaming in?
The present. I am just not a spoiled kid who wants everything now. EA does not have to do anything once they have our money. It's that simple.

# 175 whosgotcha @ 12/03/09 06:46 PM
If it makes it easier to get sacks then I'm happy.

# 176 mike24forever @ 12/03/09 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
How about if they want us to buy their game next year?

Because I will not be buying it until december next year, and I will be getting it used.

So you see, it does have an impact. Is it spoiled to expect a game in which there are no game breaking errors?

Your attitude is why this will continue.

But I am waiting patiently for the update.....
Sorry, I disagree. I buy games I like. I like Madden, even with it's issues. It's people that buy the game and complain non-stop expecting perfection. I would love a perfect game, however I am a realist. If you do not like the current or past renditions of Madden, STOP BUYING THE GAME. Hurt EA where it will have an effect (the bottom line), not on some message board threatening to not buy next years game.

# 177 RayAllen20 @ 12/03/09 07:52 PM
Did you guys plays Madden 09? How were you possibly expecting a great game from Madden 10, in a 1 year dev cycle. This game is very good and I've played the heck out of it. Stop saying this game is unfinished. It is not, and it is completely playable right now. They are improving it for us, and instead of whining about we should be thanking them if they give out an excellent patch.

Seriously, people need to stop buying into the whole hype thing, and actually buy the game a couple of weeks after the review. You all say you will wait til December, but everyone said that about Madden 09. I personally will most likely wait a week, hear the reviews, and then either buy it, rent it, or pick it up later. I am a big fan of Madden 10, and I can't wait to play Madden 11, but I am not going to get brainwashed.

# 178 steelernation28 @ 12/03/09 07:52 PM
Quote:
Sorry, I disagree. I buy games I like. I like Madden, even with it's issues. It's people that buy the game and complain non-stop expecting perfection. I would love a perfect game, however I am a realist. If you do not like the current or past renditions of Madden, STOP BUYING THE GAME. Hurt EA where it will have an effect (the bottom line), not on some message board threatening to not buy next years game.
Don't bother dude. They're going to whine regardless. They enjoy it too much.

# 179 grismosw @ 12/03/09 08:00 PM
Quote:
The present. I am just not a spoiled kid who wants everything now. EA does not have to do anything once they have our money. It's that simple.
Yeah, I'm a spoiled kid who worked full-time to pay for his own way through college. Good shot there, classy.

I'd be ok with that, if I knew up front I wasn't getting a patch. That's my risk I'm taking with my $60, however I'm not the one who has created this mess where games are released before they are finished and therefore must be patched. I've accepted it because I really don't have any other options if I want to continue gaming. (Especially a NFL game)

I'm not the one promising consumers a patch before the game comes out and I don't think its too much to ask for them to complete the product within 60 days of releasing it. Instead I'm sitting here with Madden getting minimal playing time trying to determine if the final product is going to be worthwhile...meanwhile football season is almost over.

# 180 mike24forever @ 12/03/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
Don't bother dude. They're going to whine regardless. They enjoy it too much.
Wise words.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.