Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Czar checks in with 2010 Czarisode #5, as he breaks down why he feels NBA 2K10's tendencies, are the best in the business.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Da_Czar @ 12/01/09 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Hey Czar, what kind of sliders he uses or what kind of roster are you using?

In my game, the tendency for Troy Murphy isn't that effective, the cpu seems to be afraid to shoot sometimes, like when i played against eh Pacers, Troy Murphy never attempted an outside shot against me.
I don't adjust too much. This game improved for me so much post patch its crazy. I don't adjust much and I play on pro. I give the cpu better shooting sliders than I do and thats about it with the exception of changing player speed in association mode.

I have been VERY impressed With how different players play. For Indiana for instance they have Murphy who plays the perimeter but can post. Hibbert Who can post but is not a power post player. They when you see Hansborough He tries to back you all the way under the basket... Its awesome to see and experience.

Then you throw in the animation differences that are available and you really start to have a party. Game is not perfect but they corrected enough in the patch to let what they do well shine through. This is the 2k hoops I'm used to playing. Plug it in. not a lot of slider work necessary and get to ballin LOL

# 22 jeebs9 @ 12/01/09 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Totally agree. I don't want them to do daily updates because Live has some problems, and it is probably very difficult. I'd rather they just overview everyone's tendencies every couple months, and just see if there are any large differences. And great vid Czar, it's amazing how 82 games.com didn't seem as good as Dynamic DNA but it has now surpassed it.

Ever since this whole new roster updates came out last year for both games.....I really thought it was kind of stupid. I mean God...I popped in the other game. My friend plays with the Lakers. And can not hit a med range jumper with Kobe for his life. We all thought the game was broken. Come to find out....Kobe is actually shooting bad from med range this season. Don't get me wrong its hot. But God..I want to play vs the prime Kobe. The Kobe I know. Not this "stat Kobe". When you put DNA next to 2k. 2k is blowing them out of the water in my opinion.

# 23 spankdatazz22 @ 12/01/09 03:52 PM
Great vid Czar; many thx. Glad to see you lay out the depth of the tendency system and how it correlates to the gameplay. And when combined with the unique animation sets they have, individualizes players better than any other sports game to date imo

# 24 Vast @ 12/01/09 04:40 PM
Great Vid Czar! 2k is the truth, im amazed how great this game is post patch "out the box"!

# 25 jdareal21 @ 12/01/09 05:14 PM
Another dope vid Czar. While I do enjoy what 2k is doing, personally, I do prefer the dynamic dna. For people who aren't following the season closely, I can understand if it's frustrating, but for me, I like the players to have the skills they have CURRENTLY, not what we assume they'll have at the start of the season.

Kobe, for instance, is only effective in Live when you use him the right way, trying to do crazy shots you THINK he should be able to make will get you in trouble and that's great IMO. He's clearly shifted his game to the lowpost like 96-98 Jordan, so it only makes the game more realistic in my eyes to showcase that. IF a player is in a slump, he should be bricking shots, I don't care if it's Ray Allen or not. To me, it rewards players who keep up with the actual season and strive to play in a realistic fashion. That being said, you can't really go wrong this season with either game, it's very reminiscent of the 2005 season of video game football

# 26 Coach Bryant @ 12/01/09 05:44 PM
Good job! I love this game!

# 27 RubenDouglas @ 12/01/09 07:36 PM
i wish superstars played like that against me. its non stop attacking the paint, passing to cutters, and derek fisher chucking when i play LAL.

thanks though

# 28 Vast @ 12/01/09 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
i wish superstars played like that against me. its non stop attacking the paint, passing to cutters, and derek fisher chucking when i play LAL.

thanks though
Im sorry bro. it seems when you change too many sliders it affects the game negatively. Pretty much out the box this game plays amazing for me.

# 29 The 24th Letter @ 12/01/09 07:58 PM
COMPLETELY agree Czar...

great vid.

# 30 stizz @ 12/01/09 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Im sorry bro. it seems when you change too many sliders it affects the game negatively. Pretty much out the box this game plays amazing for me.
I agree. The only things I've changed are dunks in traffic, shooting and foul sliders. Everything else is left at default.

# 31 trobinson97 @ 12/01/09 08:48 PM
Man Czar, you're like 2K's best advertisement man. I can't help but want to play it every time I see one of these vids. I imagine it's the same for Live players who watch your vids of that game.

Oh yeah, I was watching this while my wife was around and she asked me, "Who is that preaching?"

# 32 NINJAK2 @ 12/01/09 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Man Czar, you're like 2K's best advertisement man. I can't help but want to play it every time I see one of these vids. I imagine it's the same for Live players who watch your vids of that game.

Oh yeah, I was watching this while my wife was around and she asked me, "Who is that preaching?"
Great vid Czar and I agree 100%. The tendencies in 2k are integrated incredibly well into the game. This games achilles heel imo is the inconsistent playcall execution by teammates leading to broken plays. Sometimes I feel the stagnation comes from the cpu fighting with their individual tendencies once a play is called. Sorry for offtopic info.

# 33 JkA3 @ 12/01/09 09:33 PM
As always...great video. I know the Live fans are going to be like..."What, I though Czar was on Live this year". I tell you, if you own 2k, you wouldn't pick live up...like me. Live has been in my system once...I got both pre-launch.

# 34 texbuk84 @ 12/01/09 09:36 PM
exactly man. 2k is the ishhhhhh

# 35 tcnumba10 @ 12/01/09 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I don't adjust too much. This game improved for me so much post patch its crazy. I don't adjust much and I play on pro. I give the cpu better shooting sliders than I do and thats about it with the exception of changing player speed in association mode.

I have been VERY impressed With how different players play. For Indiana for instance they have Murphy who plays the perimeter but can post. Hibbert Who can post but is not a power post player. They when you see Hansborough He tries to back you all the way under the basket... Its awesome to see and experience.

Then you throw in the animation differences that are available and you really start to have a party. Game is not perfect but they corrected enough in the patch to let what they do well shine through. This is the 2k hoops I'm used to playing. Plug it in. not a lot of slider work necessary and get to ballin LOL
Thanks for the response man, BTW i'm a PC gamer so we're still waiting for the patch on our end (it's coming out in January, combination of the 1st and 2nd patch). So maybe that's the reason why i'm not experiencing the same game as u since i don't have the patch yet.

By the sound of it tho, the patch fixed and improved the game immensely.

I would be awesome if you could to compare 2K10 Pre Patch vs. Post Patch in another video or in a written blog if possible.

Thanks Czar.

# 36 youvalss @ 12/01/09 11:55 PM
Great video of a great game. What else can be said?

# 37 toolified @ 12/02/09 02:04 AM
Could someone please point me in the direction as to where I can find the patch for NBA 2K10 on the net. Since my console isn't hooked up to the net I can't simply download the patch from a prompt upon inserting the disc. Does anyone know where I can find it using my PC and then copy the patch file using usb to my console?

It would be much appreciated

# 38 jeebs9 @ 12/02/09 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
goes to show we arent ready for a real NBA simulation where stats matter. You want kobe to be unstoppable where iRL he is struggling to hit a jumpshot. Kind of voids the whole rating and tendency thing doesnt it? The kobe you SHOULD know is the real kobe not the ESPN highlight kobe lol
Thats wasn't my point trouble maker...lol...Like I said its not that I don't like it. Like I've said repeatly on this site and 2k's. I want SIM. There is are no if, and's or but's about it. Ray Allen goes on a cold streak. And you have to play with him. No kid in the world want to play with a bad version of a player. No one...

Teebone21 stop thinking like a Grown *** Man...lol Try thinking before you knew about sim. And all those other names. Revert yourself back to your childhood. Think about when you would just pick-up a video game and play if with your buddy. You played to have fun.

# 39 MrMayface @ 12/02/09 03:36 PM
A question for the ones of you who play the association. Do yall change the tendacies of the players on your team to suite your play? Is that like cheating? I want to do it but I don't know if I should. I wouldnt change the other teams, just mine.

# 40 RAZRr1275 @ 12/02/09 06:13 PM
This is so true. I'm a huge team jumper so i play as a ton of teams and play against a ton of teams. I noticed that even when a user is controlling a team you have to adjust to their specific scheme unlike last year. I was playing as the nuggets against the jazz and they killed me with the drive and kick because i'm not used to controlling defenses that collapse to the paint like the nuggets do. And even individual things are amazing. Chauncey can post up pg's. Try the same with ty lawson and you aren't going anywhere and even if you did you aren't getting the shot. The depth is amazing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.