Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

It's looking more and more like we won't see a patch for NCAA Basketball 10.

Quote:
"NCAA Basketball 10 released to little fanfare and with what has appeared to be minimal support from EA Sports. That brought about the question of whether the game would even receive a patch. EA has provided patches for all their yearly titles however the feeling surrounding NCAA was that it may not receive the same post-release support.

I have been informed that there is currently no plan to provide a patch for NCAA Basketball 10."

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Sundown2600 @ 12/01/09 10:19 PM
This is a real shame because with some slider tweaks and named rosters I was having a blast playing on the All Conference level. I enjoy this game 20 times more than that joke of a college game NCAA Football that EA Tibruon has been churning out next gen! They should cancel the college football and continue to improve this series. The college feel of D1 B-Ball games is very realistic and I like the quick motion offense feature. EA Canada also pulled off something special with the dual network presentation. I really like this game and a patch could have taken it to another level. For shame EA. I guess they have to look at the business bottom line.

P.S. NCAA Football 10 is straight trash! Had to say that.

# 22 Vechi8 @ 12/01/09 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
It is that simple man...that's the frustrating thing for us as consumers.

To do so though costs $$. It requires time...man hours...resources...

NBA 2K10 had terrible interior D out of the box...and people were genuinely angry. A lot of other issues also.

People power won out and they came back with a killer patch that even added new defensive animations and AI defenseive code and fixed most issues. Why did they do it? Because their game sells close to 500 000 copies on each major console and they needed to keep the masses pleased. The company could justify the expense.

Unfortunately, NCAA hardly sells...so they are essentially saying "you 20 000 odd guys who bought it are not worth enough financially for us to spend $$$ fixing our product". That's the bottom line.

It really is that simple. Companies work out whether the time and money invested will be worth the reward they get. No one really cares about "doing the right thing".

They come on here now and say "hey, maybe we'll fix it in the future"........which basically means "look, if somehow this thing sells like crazy over christmas and we've got a bigger market, hell yeah we will look after them".

As it stands now though, small market = no support.

If FIFA had major issues....it would be fixed. Quickly.

Sony did the same thing with NBA 09. They didn't even realease a single roster update if I recall correctly.
I agree with all of your points. We all know that EA is suffering with big losses as a corp and down sizing certainly around the corner, so man power probably will become thin. Madden is their baby and will continue to get the attention.

My point on the post game is that live and ncaa suffer with it, and you are dead on with 2k. I continue to work the game and it is night and day with their update.

# 23 matt2053 @ 12/02/09 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
Guys,

Although there are no plans as of now for an update that doesn't mean that the development team won't consider working on one.

As soon as there are any new developments about this I will be sure to inform all of you.
The game has programming errors that cause it to crash, very often, for a large number of customers. Customers who paid SIXTY DOLLARS for something that doesn't work.

To hear that EA has not even begun working on fixing this game is very disheartening.

# 24 DJ @ 12/02/09 01:06 AM
Quote:
This is a genuine issue.

Producers came on here for over a month to essentially promote the game. They came here to sell it and to convince people to spend their $$.

To then dissapear and to seemingly abandon the game = extremely poor.

I am sorry for you guys who have freezing issues. You've essentially been done over for your $$.

EA did a lot to get people back on board with their products...it's kind of stunning the way they've ruined all that goodwill post the 2010 game releases.

The fellas who came here seemed legit...so I guess it's senior management directing them to move on and not support the products. No one should be angry at the producers as I doubt they are happy about all this. Same with LIVE, where members of that production team were removed from the product post release. This is the reality of big business...those fellas likely had little say in anything.

Extremely poor though. I was going to get this eventually if there was a patch that fixed a few things.

Definitely won't be getting it now.............
QFT.

I certainly appreciate the fact that we have interaction with game developers but man, it sure seems like it's more marketing than anything else. Kind of like the hype man at a rap concert, only the main act never takes the stage.

I understand these decisions are made by higher-ups, but it is still disappointing and going forward, I have to question if I'll be as vocal about issues I see in games, knowing there's a chance that once the game drops, the comments will fall on deaf ears.

When those preview videos for NCAA Basketball dropped and we learned of the dual presentation, everyone was going nuts. It was something truly revolutionary and had us all hoping for the best.

I don't think any of us expected the game to ship without bugs (what games do these days?) but at least patches are released that help solve most of the glaring issues. It's a shame that there will likely be no patch b/c it sounds like this game is a couple of small steps away from being truly great.

I was 100% convinced I was going to get this game but now, after hearing about the freezing issues, lack of CPU 3-pt. attempts and the low post shooting issues, I will either be passing on the game or picking it up at a very discounted price. I'm glad I still have a copy of 2k8 to keep me busy.

# 25 mrclutch @ 12/02/09 01:10 AM
Man this kinda stinks. I have really been wanting to pick up the game but everything I read here makes me think I should just take a pass. I just hate not having a good college hoops game this time of year.

# 26 acarrero @ 12/02/09 01:40 AM
This is not a bad game at all. I haven't had it crash once and don't see any obvious areas that need patching. Not saying it's acceptable that EA abandoned it like this post suggests, but maybe there isn't a patch because it's not needed right now? They have the "Dynamic Updates" which already updated the franchise mode (by including real schedules - a feature unavailable out of the box), and tweaked player and team ratings. Who works on these dynamic updates? And can they serve as patches?

# 27 matt2053 @ 12/02/09 02:10 AM
How can you say it doesn't need a patch when there are ten pages of people whose games crash on them, and that's just out of the small sample size we have here?

# 28 ExtremeGamer @ 12/02/09 08:02 AM
What a shame.

Game is close to being a very fun game with a few tweaks. The mid-major issue kills it for me since I know I have to win my conference tournament to get in, even if I schedule Duke, UNC, MSU, Pitt, UConn, etc and beat them all then lose in my conference title game, I'm not getting in.

That was really the only patch I needed to really enjoy this game.

Bigger shame is that this game is probably dead, there's a great foundation here to grow on.

# 29 Jasong7777 @ 12/02/09 08:19 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately, NCAA hardly sells...so they are essentially saying "you 20 000 odd guys who bought it are not worth enough financially for us to spend $$$ fixing our product". That's the bottom line.
If that's the case then they should stop making the game. I hope they don't, but if they really feel that way then it's a damn shame. But then again this is EA were talking about.

# 30 michigan21 @ 12/02/09 08:51 AM
I was holding out for a patch. I'm trading it in towards something else. First EA bball game I bought in 9 yrs, and a very good one imo, but I cant keep playing it with no patch. Damn.

# 31 sg636279 @ 12/02/09 10:55 AM
IMO, this is a pathetic joke on the part of EA. Since PS3 has come out the games have gotten cheaper, yet more expensive.

Remember the college baseball series? They put it out there with 10 stadiums, completely fake schedules that did not even resemble how college baseball played, and a whopping 110 or so on 300 plus division one programs. Next year they did not promote the game and did not tell of the changes and we got 120 teams and 14 stadiums. Joke.

Then NCAA football comes out for PS3, and there are no D1-AA teams. Yes most of us wont play with them, but they are an important aspect in scheduling to make the game realistic. No one wants to play the FCS West. It also effects rankings and BCS when no D1-AA teams are even in the game, much less does not allow us to us real schedules.

Then this excuse of a basketball game. Unless you perform surgery on your sliders, you will have major issues. Not passing out of the post, lack of opponent 3', lack of computer fouls, the funny looking stumble and loss of the ball when your big men try to move inside. Not to mention horribly inaccurate rosters with players listed as the wrong class and schedules that are not correct.

Really EA? How hard would it have been to create the extra 15 teams. Would it really be a daunting task to create a school like Bryant, give them one of your 5 generic gyms and make a half attempt at a roster?

The fact that people payed $60 for this game and it freezes is a joke if EA will not patch the game. You drive your prices up every year and we get less for it. I would rather pay EA $70 or $80 for a complete playable game. Atleast then I would feel ripped off but have a game I can play and enjoy.

# 32 countryboy @ 12/02/09 11:04 AM
for those who were looking for a patch to fix the post play, ianlast may have found a work around involving editing player ratings.

Not ideal, but its better than nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
For anyone who's wondering, I've figured out how to make the CPU stop shooting right away once in the post. It's tied in to the 'Inside Scoring' rating. By turning this all the way down to 10 for every player, I've noticed 3 things in particular:

1) It seems to have little to no effect on the likelihood of an inside shot going in (I'm guessing this is determined primarily by the Field Goal rating, as well as the sliders).

2) The instant turnaround jumpers in the post are gone. The CPU will now back down for 3 or 4 seconds before shooting a jump hook or some other back-to-the-basket move.

3) For the first time ever, I've actually seen the CPU (drum roll please) kick the ball back out from the post. In my test game between Illinois (me) and Iowa, I counted 5 times where the CPU opted to kick the ball back out, even once off an offensive rebound. There were also another 5 instances where the CPU player dribbled out of the post. Granted that's not alot (I play 20 min halves), but still a major improvement.

I realize this would be a royal pain in the butt to do, and throws ratings completely out of whack. But it is a solution for those who get sick of the CPU constantly shooting in the post.

# 33 ExtremeGamer @ 12/02/09 11:09 AM
Good idea, but there are what, 3500 players in the game? That will take a long time.

# 34 HustlinOwl @ 12/02/09 11:10 AM
only adjust ratings prior to playing opponent

# 35 ExtremeGamer @ 12/02/09 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
only adjust ratings prior to playing opponent
Can you do that in dynasty mode? If so, then that's not so bad.

# 36 KG @ 12/02/09 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
I am extremely disapointed EA. Does EA evencome on this site? They have been given a lot of credit this year on this game. This game is extremely close to being at 2k8 level or surpassing it with a few additions. Rome was not built in a day so why give up on this basketball series when it finally made great strides this year. Don't give up when your so close, eventually people will come back but if you give up you might not just hurt the NCAA community but sports gamers everywhere that play your other titles. Quite frankly Madden sucks and I use to be huge on that as well as NCAA football but this will be the last EA game I ever buy if Ncaa basketball get the shaft. I know I am just 1 person so my money won't make or break you I just hope I am not the only one that feels this way. I am just a huge college basketball fan and I will be lost if I do not have a college bb series next year.
You don't stick with a product line that doesn't have a strong bottom line or strong reputation. College Hoops is a niche market, one that only die-hard fans follow. Casual fans pop up around March (office pools ftw).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW3
Wow man, this is really messed up. How on earth can you realease a game then just abandon it? EA is constantly proving the consumers right with these shady business practices.

Thats like if you bought a car, it ended up having a recall that needed to be fixed, then the company drops that whole line of cars? Thats crazy.

I really will not be surprised if Live is next. Look at the lack of proper DNA updates. If its updated daily, why are my rosters still not accurate?! SMH!!

I will not purchase another EA basketball game period! NCAA Basketball is it for me. If we had a choice in football games, i wouldnt even bother with madden.

Sorry for the rant, but i am really frustrated. With a patch, the game would be awesome.
We had to live with that before there were patches. It's no different for us guys who started back on older systems.

Quote:
It is that simple man...that's the frustrating thing for us as consumers.

To do so though costs $$. It requires time...man hours...resources...

NBA 2K10 had terrible interior D out of the box...and people were genuinely angry. A lot of other issues also.

People power won out and they came back with a killer patch that even added new defensive animations and AI defenseive code and fixed most issues. Why did they do it? Because their game sells close to 500 000 copies on each major console and they needed to keep the masses pleased. The company could justify the expense.

It really is that simple. Companies work out whether the time and money invested will be worth the reward they get. No one really cares about "doing the right thing".

They come on here now and say "hey, maybe we'll fix it in the future"........which basically means "look, if somehow this thing sells like crazy over christmas and we've got a bigger market, hell yeah we will look after them".

As it stands now though, small market = no support.

If FIFA had major issues....it would be fixed. Quickly.

Sony did the same thing with NBA 09. They didn't even realease a single roster update if I recall correctly.
It does have major issues. Over 70 confirmed in Manager Mode with no plans to fix, not to mention custom team tactics for 75% of the clubs were generic and not true to life.

# 37 23 @ 12/02/09 11:26 AM
..but what is everything always so generic with these games man?

You have to tweak the entire game just to get players to not shoot it everytime down low? Good lord this is disgusting

# 38 ProStylez @ 12/02/09 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Good idea, but there are what, 3500 players in the game? That will take a long time.

.....and this is where my frustration kicks in, WE don't work for the company! Hopefully next time I log in my name is not PINK but for the life of me I can not understand why WE test these games for 2 or 3 months before someone says "I have found [insert sport] heaven".
Not bashing EA because I love them () but their marketing machine is so strong I feel stupid for not buying their product because I feel like i'm on the outside looking in. I can say I held off on this College Hoops game and am happy I did but I'm frustrated with sports games across the board this year with the exception of MLB THE SHOW.

# 39 KG @ 12/02/09 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
..but what is everything always so generic with these games man?

You have to tweak the entire game just to get players to not shoot it everytime down low? Good lord this is disgusting
In FIFA's case it was just pure laziness. I know there are far more teams in FIFA than any other game but they could have used the community to generate the tactics. Before tweaks from the community it was akin to NCAA Fball and how 75% of the clubs play the same. It's about to be 2010. ALL games need to have tendency ratings for players regardless of the sport.

# 40 countryboy @ 12/02/09 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Can you do that in dynasty mode? If so, then that's not so bad.
yep, which is how I do it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.