Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

It's looking more and more like we won't see a patch for NCAA Basketball 10.

Quote:
"NCAA Basketball 10 released to little fanfare and with what has appeared to be minimal support from EA Sports. That brought about the question of whether the game would even receive a patch. EA has provided patches for all their yearly titles however the feeling surrounding NCAA was that it may not receive the same post-release support.

I have been informed that there is currently no plan to provide a patch for NCAA Basketball 10."

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 23 @ 12/02/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
In FIFA's case it was just pure laziness. I know there are far more teams in FIFA than any other game but they could have used the community to generate the tactics. Before tweaks from the community it was akin to NCAA Fball and how 75% of the clubs play the same. It's about to be 2010. ALL games need to have tendency ratings for players regardless of the sport.
its not just Fifa though, so its more than just laziness.

This is crazy man, paying customers shouldnt be handled like this and told there might be a patch later. How about support the product they shelled out top dollar for?

Some people are making some bad decisions based on short term dollars.

# 42 Glenn33 @ 12/02/09 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I could care less about a patch, as I'm enjoying the hell out of the game as is. What I would be upset about is no game next year.
My sentiments EXACTLY.

# 43 KG @ 12/02/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
its not just Fifa though, so its more than just laziness.

This is crazy man, paying customers shouldnt be handled like this and told there might be a patch later. How about support the product they shelled out top dollar for?

Some people are making some bad decisions based on short term dollars.
True. I only said FIFA because it's the only sports game I kept this year.

Just typing that makes me sad.

# 44 23 @ 12/02/09 12:23 PM
Thats exactly my point man. Its very sad

# 45 moneyofthedead @ 12/02/09 12:38 PM
not to say its a good reason for no patch but with the economy the way it is does it shock you that ea is dropping their lowest selling game.... (i love the game btw)

# 46 Vechi8 @ 12/02/09 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
yep, which is how I do it.
CB,
Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to try when I get home. I've also told you that slider adjustments to human for 100 strength in post and reducing hands in the post for the ai has helped also. I may also reduce close and inside shooting sliders for ai and see what happens along with your suggestion

# 47 HustlinOwl @ 12/02/09 01:27 PM
close and inside sliders do nothing in terms of players shooting on the block. Ive tried this and they will still look to catch and shoot

# 48 Heelfan71 @ 12/02/09 01:39 PM
well, if they made a solid game sales would go way up. And not patching something that should be in the game in the first place is silly.

# 49 KG @ 12/02/09 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
well, if they made a solid game sales would go way up. And not patching something that should be in the game in the first place is silly.
It's not so much the game as it is the market for the game. Even if it was a great game and OS rated it a 10 it would still never touch Live's sales. Sadly, it's just a bad genre.

# 50 ehh @ 12/02/09 01:59 PM
Didn't NCAA 08 outsell CH2K8 the first month or first week or something along those lines? The quality of a college basketball game doesn't have much to do with it's success in terms of sales it seems, I don't even think that many OSers who love CH2K8 bought it when it first came out.

# 51 Pared @ 12/02/09 02:22 PM
No, CHoops sold more first week, especially on the 360.

Actually I take that back. For some reason I thought CHoops came out last year. March Madness '08 sold slightly more. It was pretty much even.

# 52 KG @ 12/02/09 03:14 PM
CH 2K8
Xbox 360- .18 million
PS3 - .09 million
PS2 - .16 million
Total - .43 million

NCAA MM '08
Xbox 360 - .21 million
PS3 - .04 million
PS2 - .12 million
Total - .37 million

Both games sold poorly

Just a random comparison - NBA Live '08 on the PSP - .29 million

http://www.vgchartz.com/games

Edit: That's total sales, not just 1st week.

# 53 Skyboxer @ 12/02/09 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
for those who were looking for a patch to fix the post play, ianlast may have found a work around involving editing player ratings.

Not ideal, but its better than nothing.
Well now he's saying it doesn't work and the shooting % drops way too low. says they still shoot 99% of the time when the ball goes down low....

# 54 rckabillyRaider @ 12/02/09 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
This is a genuine issue.

Producers came on here for over a month to essentially promote the game. They came here to sell it and to convince people to spend their $$.

To then dissapear and to seemingly abandon the game = extremely poor.

I am sorry for you guys who have freezing issues. You've essentially been done over for your $$.

EA did a lot to get people back on board with their products...it's kind of stunning the way they've ruined all that goodwill post the 2010 game releases.

The fellas who came here seemed legit...so I guess it's senior management directing them to move on and not support the products. No one should be angry at the producers as I doubt they are happy about all this. Same with LIVE, where members of that production team were removed from the product post release. This is the reality of big business...those fellas likely had little say in anything.

Extremely poor though. I was going to get this eventually if there was a patch that fixed a few things.

Definitely won't be getting it now.............
that sums it up. Good post

# 55 BlueNGold @ 12/02/09 08:58 PM
So is this the death of College Basketball games?

I really hope not but looking at those sales posted from the 08/2K8 games (which I'm sure continued with NCAA 09 and 10) and that article today about EA cutting down their amount of games, it looks like that's the case as College Basketball games don't sell good enough for some reason.

# 56 Jason2112 @ 12/02/09 09:18 PM
I'm gonna bet EA will release NCAA Basketball 11. They'll probably just put a new cover on NCAA Basketball 10 and update the rosters. Isn't that what happened with NCAA Football 10? I felt like I was playing NCAA Football 09 with updated rosters. I'm really sad to see the outcry of freezing issues. The other glaring problem with this game is the stuttering replays. How on Earth did the developers feel that this was acceptable?

# 57 DJ @ 12/03/09 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
CH 2K8
Xbox 360- .18 million
PS3 - .09 million
PS2 - .16 million
Total - .43 million

NCAA MM '08
Xbox 360 - .21 million
PS3 - .04 million
PS2 - .12 million
Total - .37 million

Both games sold poorly

Just a random comparison - NBA Live '08 on the PSP - .29 million

http://www.vgchartz.com/games

Edit: That's total sales, not just 1st week.
I have to admit I'm surprised by those numbers. College basketball is very popular (especially in places like Syracuse, where there's no NBA team), surely you'd think more people would've been interested in buying one of those games.

Guess college games, outside of football (although that is slipping too) are just a tough sell to gamers.

# 58 jadert @ 12/03/09 12:37 AM
Food for thought:

Could 2K use the old NBA strategy of selling College Hoops 2K11 with a price point of $19.99. That seemed to really boost the NBA 2K series in terms of sell through and exposure. Of course, this was on the last gen. so maybe we can say $29.99. Wouldn't that be an acceptable price point for the masses of college hoops fans?

I'm sure many fans of college basketball have Xbox 360s. Just food for thought. What do you guys think?

# 59 rockchisler @ 12/03/09 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
Food for thought:

Could 2K use the old NBA strategy of selling College Hoops 2K11 with a price point of $19.99. That seemed to really boost the NBA 2K series in terms of sell through and exposure. Of course, this was on the last gen. so maybe we can say $29.99. Wouldn't that be an acceptable price point for the masses of college hoops fans?

I'm sure many fans of college basketball have Xbox 360s. Just food for thought. What do you guys think?
Why mention about a game that is not coming out?

# 60 yokiisthename @ 12/03/09 08:02 AM
I PM'd BlackFlash about the status of if a patch is coming out or not. And this is his reply to me.

"Thanks for the PM.

First off I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the game. The team worked hard to improve the gameplay and add elements that re-create a college basketball experience. While it's unfortunate that the team as of now has no plan for an update that doesn't mean that there won't be one later. Anything could happen but unfortunately as of now there is no plan for an update.

Another thing as well it's not the intention of the development team or EA to abandon any of you guys. You all make it possible for us to make all the sports games we love to play. The issues surrounding NBA LIVE 10 were big enough that it has pulled members of the NCAA team onto NBA LIVE. With the second update coming very soon for LIVE who knows what could happen. Just know that I will notify all of you once anything is heard regarding NCAA Basketball."

So its not a "definite no" for a patch. I guess we just have to wait for it and see. Thank you very much mr. BlackFlash for relaying this info.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.