Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 patch #2 is available for the PS3. No timetable has been set for the Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Xpider @ 12/04/09 05:45 AM
I just saw this animation first time EVERY. Maybe it's been in the game sine the beginning and I just haven't noticed, or they tweaked it with patch#2:

My RB (franchise rookie LeMarcus Taylor, who is a BEAST btw) ran for a 9 yard gain between the tackle. Pro-Tak came into play and about 2 LBs and a DB or 2 came in for the tackle. My RB was able to stay on his feet while being pushed backwards for a couple yards, and then the refs blow the play dead without a single player on the ground. That is just what I've been looking for in the gameplay, realistic and it shows what a stud this rookie RB is... and I drafted him in the 5th round

# 42 lilgame06 @ 12/04/09 05:45 AM
i can't say after playing two games that there are huge differences. the most noticeable to anybody should be the way cover 2 is played. the cornerbacks in the flats slightly push off the wide reciever but remain in their designated zone. before this patch, they would bump the reciever about 5 yards back and not play up on their designated zone.

after playing against this a few times, i can tell it'll be much easier to eat up cover 2 now.

besides that i cant say i notice any huge gameplay altercations. the cpu is still throwing out of the sack a little too much to my liking. and the cpu qb is still moves perfectly throughout its own pocket to avoid defenders and the defenders dont come off the block in time to sack the qb before he throws.

replays are definetly longer so we can now fully view kick returns, punt returns, and long interception or fumble returns. there is slightly more time in post play to allow cut scenes to finish out, replays still don't seem very constant. i got a few so far but seems like the same few i woulda gotten before. that's about it. ill post if i notice anything more gameplay wise. im gonna play one more quick game and head to bed

# 43 lilgame06 @ 12/04/09 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
I just saw this animation first time EVERY. Maybe it's been in the game sine the beginning and I just haven't noticed, or they tweaked it with patch#2:

My RB (franchise rookie LeMarcus Taylor, who is a BEAST btw) ran for a 9 yard gain between the tackle. Pro-Tak came into play and about 2 LBs and a DB or 2 came in for the tackle. My RB was able to stay on his feet while being pushed backwards for a couple yards, and then the refs blow the play dead without a single player on the ground. That is just what I've been looking for in the gameplay, realistic and it shows what a stud this rookie RB is... and I drafted him in the 5th round
yea this animation has been around...i've seen it a few times. its more common among power backs who are hard to take down

# 44 iRepDaNap @ 12/04/09 05:49 AM
is it just me or does the game seem like it is playing smoother and faster??? and ive broken a couple long plays and the stutter was nowhere to be seen!! i dunno.. i wish they would come out and tell us everything that they tweaked on the patch!! we all know for a fact that there was more done to it than they have stated in the blogs or whatever

# 45 tarantism @ 12/04/09 06:31 AM
cool that the patch is finally out. not cool that I have a 360 haha.

# 46 FunkDockta27 @ 12/04/09 06:39 AM
I got Adrian Peterson figured out!

I simmed one just for fun, he had 2,695 yds and 26 TD rushing 7.7 a carry....

But If you take out his 307 yd game against Detroits weak defense, the 369 yds against St. Louis' pretty weak D, and the 239 against Detroit the 2nd time...he has pretty normal numbers, so....he's just destroying the teams with crappy defenses...12 of his TDs came in those 3 games lol. Poor crappy teams!

BUT...IMO, that explains why he had such a huge year that first season.

Turner did the same but on a slightly lesser stage.
he had more 200+ yd games, but none over 300 like AP.

Put up 265 on Tampa, 252 on Philly, 231 on Buffalo, 242 on Carolina...the only odd one but even then NE's D isn't what it used to be, was the 254 on New England...but I mean, Tampa's D is hurting, to a point Philly's come down to earth this year, NE got old, Delhomme helps the opposing offense come back on the field what with all his INTs lol, and well....not much good can be said for Buffalo either...so as far as I can see, while the RBs were tweaked, theyre only having huge days on the less than stellar defenses. So, I'm taking solace in that, and getting back on my Madden more now

Happy Maddenizing guys...enjoy your patches

# 47 brza37 @ 12/04/09 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
...so as far as I can see, while the RBs were tweaked, theyre only having huge days on the less than stellar defenses. So, I'm taking solace in that, and getting back on my Madden more now
Thanks for the info but thats still a killer for me. Every year great RBs will play a few awful defenses. So the rushing stats are gonna be ruined either way. I personally would have been happier with the inflated passing stats than having 3 2000+ rushers per year And 27!! 1000+ rushers
This is really upsetting waiting this long for a patch and then getting this new 'bug' in stats.
Any chance that coaching philosophies or sliders could help this problem out? I probably won't have a chance to do any testing myself for at least another week.

# 48 Jono078 @ 12/04/09 07:20 AM
Bah, I think I preferred the game pre patch 2 personally.

# 49 stlstudios189 @ 12/04/09 07:47 AM
are the Browns new brown pants in?

# 50 sapp99 @ 12/04/09 08:18 AM
Can somone please tell me if the tackles counting in game is fixed? Is there always one solo and one assisant now or is it still 2 assistants in a gang tackle? That is the main reason for the low tackles numbers the user always has in franchise...

# 51 mm boost @ 12/04/09 08:19 AM
The kicker for me is 2 HUGE problems:

1) When you play as a team other than bengals/bears, do you still get those annoying *** non-team specific banners at the bottom about team history?

2) are kick returns still so easy I can get 2-3 a game???

The stats thing is not a big deal for rushing, on my madden chise 1st season, we didn't have ENOUGH rushing. My question for the people that is simming, do you think the sliders/difficulty adjustments have anything to do with the season stats? Has anyone tried setting the CPU rushing slider low and the simming the games?

The tackling was the huge problem for me moreso than anything, almost half way through season, there was so many people over 100 tackles by that point, so unrealistic. Did they fix the MLB-OLB tackles? Anyone confirm this? People keep on posting what you have noticed.

# 52 mm boost @ 12/04/09 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapp99
Can somone please tell me if the tackles counting in game is fixed? Is there always one solo and one assisant now or is it still 2 assistants in a gang tackle? That is the main reason for the low tackles numbers the user always has in franchise...
Assisted*

# 53 CWSapp757 @ 12/04/09 08:21 AM
Would anyone be willing to simulate like 10 years into a franchise and see if the outrageous RB stats apply for computer generated players also, or if it is just the big time real life guys. I know it won't mean much but it would be nice if the stats become normal once those guys are out of the league or their overall rating declines.

# 54 sapp99 @ 12/04/09 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Assisted*
hehe, you are correct, my mistake

# 55 NDIrish98 @ 12/04/09 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
I got Adrian Peterson figured out!

I simmed one just for fun, he had 2,695 yds and 26 TD rushing 7.7 a carry....

But If you take out his 307 yd game against Detroits weak defense, the 369 yds against St. Louis' pretty weak D, and the 239 against Detroit the 2nd time...he has pretty normal numbers, so....he's just destroying the teams with crappy defenses...12 of his TDs came in those 3 games lol. Poor crappy teams!

BUT...IMO, that explains why he had such a huge year that first season.

Turner did the same but on a slightly lesser stage.
he had more 200+ yd games, but none over 300 like AP.

Put up 265 on Tampa, 252 on Philly, 231 on Buffalo, 242 on Carolina...the only odd one but even then NE's D isn't what it used to be, was the 254 on New England...but I mean, Tampa's D is hurting, to a point Philly's come down to earth this year, NE got old, Delhomme helps the opposing offense come back on the field what with all his INTs lol, and well....not much good can be said for Buffalo either...so as far as I can see, while the RBs were tweaked, theyre only having huge days on the less than stellar defenses. So, I'm taking solace in that, and getting back on my Madden more now

Happy Maddenizing guys...enjoy your patches
numbers are way too ridiculous. i dont care who the D is

# 56 mm boost @ 12/04/09 08:28 AM
I have a theory that it has something to do with difficulty sliders, if the CPU rushing is turned up to make his game more difficult when he is playing games, then when its simmed, the cpu rushing is unstoppable. Someone try default all madden sliders and then turning cpu rushing down low, and then simming to see how it is. Or turn their defensive sliders up so they play better defense. I think there might be more to it than just simming it soon as you dl the patch.

# 57 LBzrule @ 12/04/09 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider

Saw it a month ago. Nothing to do with patch 2.

# 58 Dolfanjoe @ 12/04/09 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I have a theory that it has something to do with difficulty sliders, if the CPU rushing is turned up to make his game more difficult when he is playing games, then when its simmed, the cpu rushing is unstoppable. Someone try default all madden sliders and then turning cpu rushing down low, and then simming to see how it is. Or turn their defensive sliders up so they play better defense. I think there might be more to it than just simming it soon as you dl the patch.
I have to agree with mm boost here, every time we get a new patch, there's going to be adjustments made accordingly to the sliders, to compensate for the changes. I also strongly believe, this is a BIG part of what's happening to the inflated RB's stats you guys are getting, IMHO.

# 59 icicle22 @ 12/04/09 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfanjoe
I have to agree with mm boost here, every time we get a new patch, there's going to be adjustments made accordingly to the sliders, to compensate for the changes. I also strongly believe, this is a BIG part of what's happening to the inflated RB's stats you guys are getting, IMHO.
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't all the inflated running back stats in "Simmed" games? The sliders only affect games that are actually played on the field, right? So what sliders would specifically affect simmed games?

# 60 sapp99 @ 12/04/09 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfanjoe
As far as Im concerned, sliders have nothing to do with simmed stats. At least not prepatch. I changed my slider in very drastic way several times and the simmed stats did not seem to change.
Only way to reduce the rushing yards is through coaching philosophy sliders I think, but that would mean way more passing yards then, because its not the rushing attempts that seem to be wrong, but obviously the average (6 or 7+ yards for the best?!) is just out of the world.
I wonder why the average was chaanged anyway, I thought I read that Looman did not want to chagne them because he predicted just this developement in his thread about the sim stats. And if I remember correctly, most people wrote that it was better to have some good backups crawling around 3.5 avg than to have what we seem to have now.
Maybe I should reread the thread.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.