Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 patch #2 is available for the PS3. No timetable has been set for the Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 nickysantoro360 @ 12/04/09 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
Totally agree. I've almost thrown my controller over the Chiefs o-line play, and then realize...duuuuuh...it IS the Chiefs. Worst o-line in the NFL right now. Even after making changes and upgrading through the draft, I'll have to wait a few seasons before my "A" potential o-line realizes that potential.

By contrast, and to give myself perspective, I played a game with the Vikings, but substituted Chester Taylor for AP. Played against the Chargers, who regularly clean my clock when I play the Chiefs.

Chester Taylor: 22 Rushes, 144 yards. 6.5 YPC. Now THAT'S an offensive line.

Lovin' this game!
I know how you feel, trust me. I use the phins online exclusively. I share your pain.

The phins receivers run awful routes, get jammed every play, and drop easy passes, just like real life. My pass defense is big play. A lot of dumb, easy passes fly over their heads some games (even when I call the PERFECT coverage and know EXACTLY what the opposition is going to run, which is usually always), and other games its a big play, pick fest.

Madden really has come a long way towards differentiating teams on the field. Not perfect, but certainly getting close.

-Santoro

# 102 Brandwin @ 12/04/09 10:39 AM
Can I throw to the flats now and not be considered cheese and be stopped sometimes?

Also, on a breakaway when you change to lead defender it slows you down, is that fixed?

# 103 jeremym480 @ 12/04/09 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
You do realize that stat tuning was something that was changed around in the patch right??? Get over it. Some people would like to play the game and be able to compete with the stats that the CPU gets.

So all the posts about the stats are relevant to the patch.
I agree. Some people care more about stats while others care more about game play. I for one care about both so, I didn't have a problem reading through this thread. In fact, I found it very interesting and informative so, I appreciate you for doing all the work.

And you know how some people are---- they think the only thing people should care about is what they care about and everyone else's concern(s) don't matter.

With that being said, I am anxiously awaiting some more game play impressions because I have to sit at my desk for another 6-7 hours before I can start playing the game myself.

# 104 Acrobat @ 12/04/09 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I have a theory that it has something to do with difficulty sliders, if the CPU rushing is turned up to make his game more difficult when he is playing games, then when its simmed, the cpu rushing is unstoppable. Someone try default all madden sliders and then turning cpu rushing down low, and then simming to see how it is. Or turn their defensive sliders up so they play better defense. I think there might be more to it than just simming it soon as you dl the patch.
yep. that's what i was thinking too. before we all storm EA offices with guns, simple slider adjustments might do the trick.

# 105 Heisman @ 12/04/09 10:47 AM
Can people stop complaining about the gameplay? Impressions will be up soon enough, some people actually care about franchise mode.

# 106 Phobia @ 12/04/09 10:52 AM
New thread name

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Stat Impressions Here

# 107 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/04/09 10:59 AM
I thought this was an impressions thread. I sat through all these pages about sim stats. Is that all you guys care about? Where's the gameplay impressions. I'm getting ready to get my 360 back and I want to know how the gameplay is. Someone please for the love of god... Make it (sim stats) stop!!!!

# 108 spankdatazz22 @ 12/04/09 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
New thread name

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Stat Impressions Here
lol - should've just renamed this thread to that name

# 109 jeremym480 @ 12/04/09 10:59 AM
Quote:
New thread name

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Post your premature impressions after only playing one half of a game here
Fixed.

Like someone stated before-- a major part of this patch is dealing with franchise stats so most of these post are relevant. Also, it takes a lot less time to do franchise "test than it does to play 4-5 games. Give some of these guys some time so that we can get good, detailed, educated impressions that will remain the same and not change a few hours later. Then, I'll be happy.

# 110 buttsakk @ 12/04/09 11:00 AM
Awww MAN!

I hate coming into work to find out the patch dropped last night!

Oh well, now I can't wait to test this out all friday night

Anyone got any pics of the helmet's of the Eagles & JJ's name on them?

# 111 DiceMan @ 12/04/09 11:03 AM
Wouldn't you know it the patch drops the day after my PS3 and TV get stolen from my house.

# 112 jeremym480 @ 12/04/09 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Looks as though, for them to extend the length of the highlights, they had to compress them more again. You'll notice the ball has gone back to not spinning at all during the replays.
That's too bad. But, I guess if I had to choose, I would rather see longer replay's than the ball spinning.

# 113 J-Unit40 @ 12/04/09 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
Wouldn't you know it the patch drops the day after my PS3 and TV get stolen from my house.
What the hell?! Stolen from your house!

# 114 buttsakk @ 12/04/09 11:06 AM
Oh man! Forgot to ask...

How is the Pass rush for the uncontrolled players (I.E. My teams CPU rush/blitz)?
Is the QB A.I. better for throwing balls away at the last millisecond?

# 115 canes21 @ 12/04/09 11:06 AM
Has anyone tried controlling every team and messing with the Pass/ Run ratio thing and simming a season?

# 116 Phobia @ 12/04/09 11:11 AM
Maybe I am the strange one here. But when I get a patch I jump in and play a game to notice how different it plays. I have many many months of checking out the sim stats. I can live with sim stats that are off a little. But I can't live with gameplay that sucks.

Plus the debate about simming is faster than playing a game or two is BS. It takes 30 to 45 mins to play a quick game. To sim a season and record stats and post it here takes that long or longer.

So while the sim stat guys might not give a crap about gameplay and want madden to be like Headcoach that is fine. But don't waste a whole impression thread of just stats. Guys are coming here and having to wade through pages and pages and pages of just sim stat talk.

Maybe I am strange

# 117 countryboy @ 12/04/09 11:21 AM
for those that have simmed a season have you checked to see if injuries have been toned down? If I recall correctly, this is something that Josh mentioned that he was going to tweak.

Thanks in advance.

# 118 KBLover @ 12/04/09 11:32 AM
Quote:
Plus the debate about simming is faster than playing a game or two is BS. It takes 30 to 45 mins to play a quick game. To sim a season and record stats and post it here takes that long or longer.
But it takes more than one game to really get the feel of gameplay, imo. Really, probably need to pick one thing and focus on that all game or two or three, then look at something else and focus on watching it for a few games, etc. Different teams, sliders, etc.

We know how random the game can be - if you get a game where the QB still manages to get the ball off and then come here saying "they didn't fix it" when you really just got "one of those games", it's not much more accurate of an impression, imo.

# 119 CWSapp757 @ 12/04/09 11:32 AM
Phobia, I feel what you are saying. However, (and I am only speaking for myself here) I need to know how bad this stats issue is because if it is as F'd up as everyone says it is, gameplay is irrelevant because I won't play the game anymore. May sound silly, but all I play in sports games are franchise modes and if the stats aren't at least close to realistic, the game isn't even worth owning in my opinion.

# 120 Jukeman @ 12/04/09 11:36 AM
Quote:
Maybe I am the strange one here. But when I get a patch I jump in and play a game to notice how different it plays. I have many many months of checking out the sim stats. I can live with sim stats that are off a little. But I can't live with gameplay that sucks.

So while the sim stat guys might not give a crap about gameplay and want madden to be like Headcoach that is fine. But don't waste a whole impression thread of just stats. Guys are coming here and having to wade through pages and pages and pages of just sim stat talk.

Maybe I am strange
Does the stat guys complain on release day when every post is about gameplay impressions and not one post is about franchise/stats impressions?

LOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.