Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 patch #2 is available for the PS3. No timetable has been set for the Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 matt8204 @ 12/04/09 12:56 PM
Is there a final list of what was worked on in this patch?

# 142 Pared @ 12/04/09 12:59 PM
Once again, I'm going to reiterate this:

If you don't have impressions, DON'T POST.

# 143 Pared @ 12/04/09 01:08 PM
If you want to ask some guys to check something for you, that's fine. But this thread is a complete MESS and those looking for impressions will only find discussions about anything and everything to this point. No more.

Keep the posts on the patch.

# 144 LionsFanNJ @ 12/04/09 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmeH

the CPU ballcarrier seems to take better routes to get maximum yards, rather than running sideways or backwards for no apparent reason...
Thats from the CPU running AWAY from the user controlled player. the user controlled player can be the only one coming at him, the CPU would run back insid into the othe CPU controlled players. It was really evident on sweeps if you were using a safety.

i do notice now whoever is in man against the backs will haul to the sideline to cover, be it a safety or LB. Also i notice when the CPU does get a pass off to avoid a sack it isn't always the lame duck, sometimes it goes right down to their feet, sometimes its a lame duck and sometimes it flies a few feet forward. cool stuff.

# 145 LionsFanNJ @ 12/04/09 01:18 PM
For the guy that asked, the fade route is still slow, almost walking. Postpatch 2 it seems a little faster though they still aren't running it like they were release. Still got a good completion out of it with Megatron.

# 146 LionsFanNJ @ 12/04/09 01:31 PM
So far in my game against the Bears (i'm the lions) Cutler has actually looked for his number one reciever more than the slot. He's gone to Hester a number of times on different routes. Again, could be placebo effect i need to play more and see.

# 147 TimmeH @ 12/04/09 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
So far in my game against the Bears (i'm the lions) Cutler has actually looked for his number one reciever more than the slot. He's gone to Hester a number of times on different routes. Again, could be placebo effect i need to play more and see.
In the one game I've played, Orton was looking for Marshall early and often. Marshall came into our game leading the league in receptions and yards...and ended up racking up 9 catches for 150 yards. It was nice to feel punished by the opposition's best player.

# 148 seatown27 @ 12/04/09 01:46 PM
how many minute quarters were you using?

# 149 LionsFanNJ @ 12/04/09 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatown27
how many minute quarters were you using?
I play 15 with a 20 second runoff.

# 150 jeebs9 @ 12/04/09 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
For the Love of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, how are people bitching and moaning over memorial stickers being on a team's helmet after one season. Really guys? Seriously? That is so freaking stupid, EA puts all this hard work in trying to get us a game that everyone bitches about, and they add the memorial stickers to add a sense of realism, and then we have people complaining that they are on the helmets more than one season. What a damn joke.
Sounds like the head band issue in 2k...lol

# 151 bucs2nine @ 12/04/09 02:05 PM
Question about sliders?

Do they actually work now???
Are they as sensitive as past maddens on ps2 and xbox original???

The sliders have frankly sucked for the cpu this year after they played the game up as fully customizable sliders.

But ints happen frewquently no matter where the bar is set, and i notice no substantial difference in gameplay if , for example, i set cpu defense down to "0" and Running passing up to full bar or 20 or whatever it is????

Are the sliders better now?

please answer, thanx

# 152 LionsFanNJ @ 12/04/09 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBest
I really think that offline franchise has been ruined for me. Whoever wanted YPC to increase for BACKUPS Which increased them for starters and more SACKS. You got em. Can't blame EA because they catered to your "needs". Thanks OS.
Here's the Issue. someone like Johnathan Stewart AKA Panthers number 2 HB would end the season with 100 carries for 100 yards. Does that sound right? At All? In your eyes i suppose it does.

# 153 kwpit79 @ 12/04/09 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
Question about sliders?

Do they actually work now???
Are they as sensitive as past maddens on ps2 and xbox original???

The sliders have frankly sucked for the cpu this year after they played the game up as fully customizable sliders.

But ints happen frewquently no matter where the bar is set, and i notice no substantial difference in gameplay if , for example, i set cpu defense down to "0" and Running passing up to full bar or 20 or whatever it is????

Are the sliders better now?

please answer, thanx
I would like to know this too. And you're right about last gen Madden. The sliders were much more sensitive. If you put INT on zero you just wouldn't get any.

# 154 SalemChief @ 12/04/09 02:16 PM
I did a bit of history checking, and can verify the statements of posters who wrote that Xbox 360 users can probably expect the patch to be available overnight Friday--MS usually makes downloads available 2am ET. So we Xbox'ers will probably be able to enjoy the improved gameplay with our Saturday morning coffee.

Looking forward to it!

# 155 Steven547 @ 12/04/09 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Id rather have that happen than watch Michael Turner rush for 2,400 yards a season. I agree with the guy you quoted. Its garbage and im sick of it. Make us wait months for patches that improve certain areas but make others uselss. ITS GARBAGE. I also like how age has no effect on a RBs skill. LT is 37 years old in the in chise i simmed and hes still goin 1500 strong. PLEASE.

My final impression is what it has always been. EA doesnt watch enough football to know how to make a decent football game. How Looman can sit there and see all the RBs go over 1000 yards and have two or three of the break Dickersons single season rushing record ever year and then allow all this to be in the game is trash.

The patch made defense play a little better. And ended the twitchy running. But it destroyed offline franchise.

I waited and waited and waited for this patch to start a new frachise, only to be fooled by EA AGAIN. So please forgive me mods for being pissed off, but sometimes in life certain things have to be said.
I don't think EA watches enough sports in general. SIM stats has always been EA's dark side. The hockey game (NHL 10) is great, except for the SIM stats. I don't own this game, but from what I heard with NHL 10, the player ratings are based on a 50pt scale, not 100. So the stats are going to be messed up because there isn't such a difference in players. Maybe Madden is doing the same thing??

# 156 BlueNGold @ 12/04/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
I did a bit of history checking, and can verify the statements of posters who wrote that Xbox 360 users can probably expect the patch to be available overnight Friday--MS usually makes downloads available 2am ET. So we Xbox'ers will probably be able to enjoy the improved gameplay with our Saturday morning coffee.

Looking forward to it!
Phil already posted and said the Xbox patch is next week.

# 157 plaidchuck @ 12/04/09 02:29 PM
I'm mostly a hockey guy and rarely play my copy of madden (bought it just to play a few friends online every once in a while) but I popped it in today to see what all the hubbub was all about.

Now I don't know anything about football X's and O's minus the basic positions and packages, but I was playing the Steelers and the CPU was kicking my butt today with the Browns! Passing all over the place on me, and really pressuring me while I was in the pocket.. definately never saw that before. The most success I had was run plays mostly pitching ones with Mendenhall.

So for what it's worth, the CPU seems more aggressive on D, better run blocking for the player, and better passing for the CPU...

# 158 SkinsBoYee @ 12/04/09 02:38 PM
Just played 1 game...Bear vs Seahawks. I was the Bears. CPU defense definitely seems stiffer. Seemed like the cover the run and pass much better. Again, just played one game and don't know if it was just placebo effect...but it felt much tighter. Can't really get into specifics...and I do have slider tuned to making the game much more defensive oriented. So maybe slider adjustments are needed as possible slider impact is higher.

As far as playing QB...passing seemed much more refined in that when you need to throw a bullet, you need to do that or its getting deflected or picked. When you need to use some touch, you need to do that as well. Again, haven't played in a few days so with the new patch, just trying to figure out if this is patched effect or not. Anyone else notice this?

Overall...I dig it. But I am a sim player. No online junk. Sim vs. CPU in Franchise. For sure looks like they simmed things up for vs. CPU players.

# 159 sportskid84 @ 12/04/09 02:40 PM
Does created teams that make it to the super bowl have the super bowl patches on their jerseys?

# 160 JoshCA916 @ 12/04/09 02:48 PM
so the biggest question i have is, when i play people online(just randoms) does this patch make them actually have to have a game plan and they can't just sit back and throw to the HB/FB in the flat all day?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.