Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

The second patch for NBA Live 10 is now available for 360 and PS3 owners. Please post your impressions here.

This quote from blackflash83, NBA Live Community Manager.

Quote:
"The second title update will address a lot of the bugs that came from the first update as well as address the three point issue that has been plaguing online play. The online fatigue issue will also be fixed as well.

It will also look to address some of the freezing issues that some of you have run into as well."
EDIT: Adding what the patch addresses:

-Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.
-Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.
-Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values
-Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sportyguyfl31 @ 12/08/09 09:11 AM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

# 2 carnalnirvana @ 12/08/09 09:28 AM
after one game offline suns vs magic(cpu) allstar

its jekyl & hyde live but it may be fun again

the good:

they looked to feature howard
he posted used spins and a pro hop
he did not spot up 15ft away
he passed the ball out after a reb ( 1 time all game)
the cpu didnt seem in a hurry on offense every play, they still hurried though
they were aggressive to drive the lane

the bad or not so cool:
howard tried to dribble between his legs 20ft out (happened once)
the fadeaway off the post up is still there for players who should not be doing that 5+ times a game from 15-20 ft
the bug where if you bump the ball handler he does a fadeaway pullup from where-ever is still there

# 3 videobastard @ 12/08/09 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
the bug where if you bump the ball handler he does a fadeaway pullup from where-ever is still there
Wow... thats still in there. That was the main thing killing the offline games and why i stopped playing dynamic season.

# 4 carnalnirvana @ 12/08/09 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Wow... thats still in there. That was the main thing killing the offline games and why i stopped playing dynamic season.
when i was playing the magic it happened to A. Johnson but it did not happen to the guys who have offensive options, it almost seemed as if when i bumped him he had no other option than to shoot while when i bumped carter or lewis they kept playing jonhson fired off 3 bad shots

# 5 jlbrown143 @ 12/08/09 09:59 AM
when some of the veteran guys get a chance to test the game, please let us know if they fixed the music at the end of quarters and if the steal button is working......stuff like that is important to me....are the controls more responsive? is the cpu still doing wierd lay-ups? is the contact collison better...stuff that pertains to game play info fellas okay...!!!

# 6 carnalnirvana @ 12/08/09 10:01 AM
atl vs pacers

the cpu means business driving to the hoop...

i am pretty certain any 2 on 1 for the cpu will result in layup or dunk attempt

granger is trying to do work

someone asker about flow, what specifically do you mean, the only sore spot i see right now is the post game jeff foster doing fadeaways the ususal

# 7 sportskid84 @ 12/08/09 10:09 AM
Does anyone know if the goaltending issue have been fixed?

# 8 blackflash83 @ 12/08/09 12:21 PM
The goaltending issue that came from the first update has been fixed with this new update.

# 9 clivo1050 @ 12/08/09 12:25 PM
instead of 3 point cheese it's now fast break cheese. I just played someone who ran up and down the court all game with great success. I set my rebounding to get back, but it didn't help at all. I still won, but this is ridiculous.

I still gotta test this out against a sim friend, but I didn't notice anything different.

# 10 Jano @ 12/08/09 12:30 PM
So the game is essentially the same as it was after the first patch with a few fixes to it i.e. the goaltending glitch? There werent any more changes made to the A.I. or to the gameplay itself right blackflash?

# 11 ehh @ 12/08/09 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
instead of 3 point cheese it's now fast break cheese. I just played someone who ran up and down the court all game with great success. I set my rebounding to get back, but it didn't help at all. I still won, but this is ridiculous.

I still gotta test this out against a sim friend, but I didn't notice anything different.
That's interesting to hear, what diff level?

# 12 Ballatician @ 12/08/09 12:49 PM
I was hoping this patch would bring back the gameplay feel it had at launch

# 13 mvb34 @ 12/08/09 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050

Was the cherry picking?? What team did he use?

# 14 ehh @ 12/08/09 01:05 PM
^ I'm actually hoping they opened up the transition game a little, the D gets back on D too quickly IMO.

# 15 23 @ 12/08/09 01:13 PM
Yes they do need to open the transition game more, and im sorry but I wish these game companies would stop making these games to cater to people who continue to play random cheesers online.

Its your own fault and if you want it to stop, quit playing randoms, because they screw the games up making fixes for that.

That said how are the contact animations affecting the gameplay?

Are teams running correct offenses?

Do players still do crap like big men doing step backs and the dreaded Raptor fadeaway

Does the CPU still score in cheap ways, still throw up hooks off rebounds over the back of their heads without looking very soft like?

Fouls are they evened up more?

# 16 DJ @ 12/08/09 01:18 PM
Is there a list of what all Patch #2 contains?

# 17 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/08/09 01:28 PM
This^. I'd like to know this as well. And you're so right 23. Hope those were fixed.

# 18 Chairman7w @ 12/08/09 01:31 PM
DirtyJerz32 = Best Avatar Ever.

# 19 jrose57 @ 12/08/09 01:58 PM
yup give us a list so that we don't have to keep waiting for someonet o find our those new things added thx

# 20 carnalnirvana @ 12/08/09 02:10 PM
teams run alot and the floor is wide open for some teams. if you have a slow big man you will get burned online alot....i played the cavs of course and that dude just breaked and i had to send him to the line alot

AI changes

the cpu drives more, they look to the post way more but post players still shoot too many fade aways

cpu runs a better offense and IMO offensive and defensive awareness somehow seem better. drive and kick is back, some love it i hate it but its more obvious that guys who like to block shots can get pulled in really easy

i will say the new cpu is hit or miss i have seen guys wide open opt to drive where i thought they should have pulled it maybe its the tendenies whereas a guy like T. Murphy pulled all day

while its not a real fast break the cpu will pass the ball up the floor alot more opting not to set up the half court as well as the offense dont run through scrubs anymore the ballers only touch the rock all this is hit or miss,

« Previous1234567891516Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.