Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

The second patch for NBA Live 10 is now available for 360 and PS3 owners. Please post your impressions here.

This quote from blackflash83, NBA Live Community Manager.

Quote:
"The second title update will address a lot of the bugs that came from the first update as well as address the three point issue that has been plaguing online play. The online fatigue issue will also be fixed as well.

It will also look to address some of the freezing issues that some of you have run into as well."
EDIT: Adding what the patch addresses:

-Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.
-Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.
-Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values
-Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 championmvp @ 12/08/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by championmvp
we the nba live community overwhelmingly asked for one thing...no weak treys. you didnt deliver on a golden opportunity to keep the fan base thats holding on to this franchise by a thread.how can you possibly expect fans to go through something this agonizing again.ive already bought 2 b-ball games this year,and i can guarantee it will never happen again
so in other words thats it for this year.what am i left to do.go back to the game that i left live for years ago(which is not nearly as fun for me this year) or play a game thats severly flawed and lose to mindless bums.hmm....

# 82 Ballatician @ 12/08/09 11:05 PM
@ Court Vision alright man we get it.
You hate Live.
2k is God.

Okay. Move on man, jeez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
The one thing I miss though is the "do too much" element that was in the game that seems to have been toned down. Still watching the Cavs and Grizz and it's going into OT. Why? Because Lebron was trying to do to much with 16 left on the game clock and lost control of the ball, sorta like Live used to do in the beginning but now it's not quite as punishing.

This is what I was hoping they brought back most. When the game use to punish you for trying to do too much with the ball especially big men. Last time I played the big man were dribbling the ball up the court again without being stripped.

# 83 rockchisler @ 12/08/09 11:05 PM
Quote:
so in other words thats it for this year.what am i left to do.go back to the game that i left live for years ago(which is not nearly as fun for me this year) or play a game thats severly flawed and lose to mindless bums.hmm....
Or stop Playing random cheesers and play sim players from here.......................Whats your gamertag?

# 84 joel0078 @ 12/08/09 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.
Base, I respect everything you guys do for this game, but it really doesn't help your cause when you guys appear to form a habit of skipping right over the beef and potatoes of the thread and fixating on whatever reply irritated you, then you post a reply on that, while failing to touch on the subject that everyone is waiting on an answer for: What did this patch address?? Frankly, I personally don't care if you can't provide a list of what this patch addressed. But I feel like the least you can do is just say "I can't provide a list of things that were addressed at this time". Especially given the fact that you've made the time to reply to a remark that was critical of you and your team!

In addition to that, I also agree that a golden opportunity was missed in terms of fixing certain problem areas in the game. The game is now as finished as it will be, and it's not bad, but it's not great either. I'll continue playing it, but I will most definately be holding off on buying this game on release day next year, and waiting to hear what the community has to say about it.

# 85 pdawg17 @ 12/08/09 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
not really jdareal...this game right now is a joke because there is no strategy behind it . IF they put in the magnetic feel where im able to shadow MO WILLIAMS all over the court , then that leads to MO williams needing to drive on me which is just fine as long as i have done my homework and not give him open 3 point shots . I dont mind if LEBRON drives and kicks out to MO williams for a 3 but the damn sprint all over the court and shoot 3's is not strategy. I make a defensive move and play tight defense on him and set my pick n rolls to SWITCH , THEN i should have a defender in his face at all times contesting his shots ....let him beat me off the dribble or let him make a PLAY like real nba .
"No strategy behind it"? C'mon dude...compared to the "other" game you actually have to work hard on offense/defense...no it's not perfect but to say there is no strategy is ridiculous...

# 86 championmvp @ 12/08/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Or stop Playing random cheesers and play sim players from here.......................Whats your gamertag?
championmvp

# 87 rockchisler @ 12/08/09 11:34 PM
Quote:
championmvp
add me for a sim game...rockchisler2000

# 88 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/08/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.
While I usually don't say anything to producers on this site. This post really bothers me. As I understand that you guys are extremely busy with 11, what I don't understand is how you guys can ignore some areas that should've been fixed during the first patch. Instead they released a patch that made thing worse.

One thing that I loved about Live is the drive and kick game. But, there were so many times the players were standing out of bounds. Which should never happen, so what happened? To make the players not stand out of bounds you brought them closer in the court, which made the D&K game messed up.

I'm not going to get into the other stuff but, the last thing I will say is this. Why would you get "worked" up? That's how we feel when we spend $60 on a game that has to be patched to fix things. To only have the patch bring in other bugs and glitches,goaltending, OT, 3pt abuse, fatigue online to name a few. Then the release another patch to fix those things but, fail to fix some of the things that we asked for in the first place. Fastbreaks, post game, etc...

I'm not bashing you or EA at all. I LOVE what you guys have done but, when I read something like this it just makes me angry. "Worked" up is how the consumer feels when a bball video game doesn't do the basic bball elements correct.

Here's hoping you guys do a great job next year.

Oh one last thing to CV. I just read your post to iminurbase and so agree man. Seriously great post. I really hope things go better in 11 or it's not going to be pretty. They thought the sale numbers were crazy this year. I could only imagine (if NCAA doesn't get a patch for freezing) what going to happen next year.

I'm rooting for EA because competition makes video games better.

# 89 ehh @ 12/08/09 11:44 PM
Damn, that's a real good post Jerz.

# 90 pdawg17 @ 12/08/09 11:45 PM
Quote:
so your saying there is strategy behind MO williams running around finding an open space and launching 3's away ? Get real
Sorry...I didn't know you were talking about online play...what should the developers do to control how human beings make decisions? What should happen so that a human player can't make Mo Williams run around and launch 3's? What happens in 2k10 differently?

# 91 Wiffyjustus @ 12/08/09 11:56 PM
Quote:

Work your guts out, pour your soul into a game... We'll whine about everything you didn't do.

Make us happy... we'll just cry for more.

It's just human nature. The eye is never satisfied.

You made a fun game this year with some great innovations. Sorry to disagree with everyone else, but I don't just don't like the other game. I don't like it's control system. I like this one. I've more than got my money's worth out of this years game. Peace.

Just getting tired of hearing people bag other people's hard work. Constructive criticism is fine but after a certain point... enough already.

# 92 kumamae_33 @ 12/09/09 12:00 AM
Quote:
BACKFLUSH , care to answer ? I had a feeling they would just fix the backstep 3 and not the overall of it ....Producers of nba live PLEASE LISTEN TO US , WE ARE THE ONES THAT PUT THE EXTRA TIME WHEN WE PLAY ONLINE....We see it all !!!!

Players with good 3pt shots just sprint around to find an open spot and launch 3's....THe corner and top of the arc area are deadly...

How do you defend this ? I have done TIGHT defense , i have manually tried guarding it , have tried R1 , have tried putting my best defender ....THERE IS A MAGNETIC FORCE between defender and ball handler where gives the ball handler space to shoot the 3 ...I understand if i dont press R1 then i can get in his face but THESE GUYS SPRINT ALL OVER THE COURT to find the right spots and if i hold R1 to keep up with the ball handler , THERE IS THAT MAGNETIC FORCE that doesnt allow me to get close to his face ...

im officially done with this year NBA LIVE and will stick to FIGHT NIGHT ...I am devasted guys because i like this game but this simple fix is still out there ..

BACKFLUSH and EA SPORTS PRODUCERS lied to us.

Wow!!! So does it mean that the 3 pt cheese is still in the game???

Also I have a question... Is the Versus Ranked Match and Sim Lobby are on All-Star Difficulty??? If yes I think the Devs should raise it to Superstar difficulty. Maybe the Superstar difficulty can help minimize or solve the problem. lol.

# 93 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/09/09 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumamae_33
Wow!!! So does it mean that the 3 pt cheese is still in the game???

Also I have a question... Is the Versus Ranked Match and Sim Lobby are on All-Star Difficulty??? If yes I think the Devs should raise it to Superstar difficulty. Maybe the Superstar difficulty can help minimize or solve the problem. lol.
Nobody knows because they still haven't officially said what was fixed. We've gotten some here and there stuff but, nothing from EA at all.

# 94 rockchisler @ 12/09/09 12:03 AM
Quote:
BACKFLUSH , care to answer ? I had a feeling they would just fix the backstep 3 and not the overall of it ....Producers of nba live PLEASE LISTEN TO US , WE ARE THE ONES THAT PUT THE EXTRA TIME WHEN WE PLAY ONLINE....We see it all !!!!

Players with good 3pt shots just sprint around to find an open spot and launch 3's....THe corner and top of the arc area are deadly...

How do you defend this ? I have done TIGHT defense , i have manually tried guarding it , have tried R1 , have tried putting my best defender ....THERE IS A MAGNETIC FORCE between defender and ball handler where gives the ball handler space to shoot the 3 ...I understand if i dont press R1 then i can get in his face but THESE GUYS SPRINT ALL OVER THE COURT to find the right spots and if i hold R1 to keep up with the ball handler , THERE IS THAT MAGNETIC FORCE that doesnt allow me to get close to his face ...

im officially done with this year NBA LIVE and will stick to FIGHT NIGHT ...I am devasted guys because i like this game but this simple fix is still out there ..

BACKFLUSH and EA SPORTS PRODUCERS lied to us.
Name calling only makes u look like a child...Knock it off..

# 95 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/09/09 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Name calling only makes u look like a child...Knock it off..
I just noticed that. Come on main, if you want to be taken seriously you have to act like it. Calling people names is going to get your post breezed over.

# 96 Chairman7w @ 12/09/09 12:21 AM
I'm not understanding the whole "run around and launch threes" issue.

Anybody can do that. I can go out and play with all my buddies and do that.

You can do that on the "other" game. You could do that on Live 8. Again, anyone can do that.

BUT, are you saying they're making a higher percentage than normal? If THAT'S the case, then, yes, we could have a problem.

Just cause someone shoots 30 3pters, that itself is not the game's fault. That's just dumb opponents.

# 97 kumamae_33 @ 12/09/09 12:28 AM
I have a question again for those who already have the patch. Is the fatigue now a factor online? I mean did your players get tired and force you to make some substitutions?

# 98 bakesalee @ 12/09/09 12:37 AM
Drive and kick spacing issue created by patch 1 not fixed. Open 3pt shooters on wing run into traffic toward the hoop when you drive inside with your PG. Major buzz kill as a Suns fan.

# 99 Benicio10 @ 12/09/09 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
I'm not understanding the whole "run around and launch threes" issue.

Anybody can do that. I can go out and play with all my buddies and do that.

You can do that on the "other" game. You could do that on Live 8. Again, anyone can do that.

BUT, are you saying they're making a higher percentage than normal? If THAT'S the case, then, yes, we could have a problem.

Just cause someone shoots 30 3pters, that itself is not the game's fault. That's just dumb opponents.
but if you don't get punished for playing that style, then the game is not a sim.

# 100 Behindshadows @ 12/09/09 12:47 AM
It took me a while to really post in this thread, because I really wanted to hold my tongue on a lot of the people's complaints here. But now I'm about to chime in.

I want some mods, Mill, 23, Pared, Mo, and even Steve himself to read what I'm saying and really understand where I'm coming from with this post.

For 5 years now, I come to OS, because like Czar says,"it's family". But now we have been plagued with childish antics and people who are suppose to be adults constantly coming in here with the cool kid post, and it's finally getting worse and really making things bad for all of us.

I don't think Base or Blackflash should have to endure the ignorance that is constantly plagued this thread and the numerous more that have been created. I am writing a blog on how complaint gamers are constantly ruining the experience for others on making up rumors and lies on issues with games that others aren't seeing. Then later pointing out flaws that others wouldn't have noticed if were bluntly pointed out in about 25 threads of the same old crap over and over.

Then we go to posters like CV and Joker, and others who have taken multiple shots at developers with their artificial and false concerns, only to find a way to post negative things about everything and try to throw 2k into each equation. First off if anyone has been following a lot of these post made by them, you'd learn from multiple paragraphs and threads that would have told you, they don't even have the game. But continue to flood the threads with their ignorance and constant blasphemy of each element. And everyone begins with if EA this, and if EA this, I can't believe EA, are you serious EA, WTF EA....I mean I'm sorry, these developers have listened to us, informed us and so much more in every EA title this season and made Operationsports a word of place to believe in and share in.

And it only takes a few to ruin a lot for so many, I'm sorry like Rock and a lot of others pointed out, we get it CV and everyone else, 2k is the almighty to you guys, so stop posting constant, I've traded it in, and now I borrowed it back, I just saw this blah blah blah. I mean I've played over 100 games and haven't seen even a 3rd of half the crap that is written by some of the people. Stop killing everyone else's joy in this game.

The first 9 pages of an impressions thread were majority of people asking questions, then the remainder was people taking shots and EA and trying fine tooth comb everything, they assume this patch did or didn't do. So tired of it, grow up and move on, you don't like the game, this is the final patch. Get rid of it if you don't like it, but don't continue to rant and take shots at the developers and at other post, just to justify your cool kid status.

The game was good pre-patch, post-patch messed a few things up, but not enough to warrant half the negative feedback, final patch fixed a lot of things it did prior. Overall Live 10 is and enjoyable element for a lot of us, if you don't like it, move on. But stop making up stuff and ruining the experience for others. And stop trying to put on blast the developers, they have better things to do than to constantly get insulted by people, who can't do any better if they had the tools in front of them. Because I assure if any of you even had 90% of the programming skills, you wouldn't be in here complaining, you'd be working for someone making your own title.

Have a great day!

By the way Live 10, love the game! Add more animations next season and really completely redo the presentation and commentary and the experience will be even better and more fresh. Thanks guys for all your hard work and the turn around from 09 to 10 in less than a year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.