Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 patch #2 is now available for the Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 12/10/09 08:48 PM
pretty bummed they didn't fix the fact that punters only punt it about 15 yards before it goes out of bounds. i guess i still gotta supersim the punts when it's between the 40's

# 102 DocHolliday @ 12/10/09 09:50 PM
I kinda wish they would have left the sim stats alone. I would rather have RB's with low TD's than RB's with out of this world yardage and YPC. You think they would have polled this or something.

# 103 roadman @ 12/10/09 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I kinda wish they would have left the sim stats alone. I would rather have RB's with low TD's than RB's with out of this world yardage and YPC. You think they would have polled this or something.
The overwhelming compliant on the net was rushing TD's and low ypc for 2nd string RB's. It's Monday Morning Qbing to call out on that, now.

# 104 Valdarez @ 12/10/09 11:02 PM
The QB's are tucking the ball and running now when no one is open, which is FAR better than what they were doing, just throwing picks. Unfortunately, now we are seeing things from Madden 9. Today, Jacksonville's QB Garrad ran and trucked the Titan's FS Michael Griffin. Knocked him down and flipped him over. heh Reminded me of a video I saw last year of Brett Favre trucking Ray Lewis.

# 105 RogueHominid @ 12/10/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Something else I've never seen in all my games of playing... Don't know if the patch has added this stuff but I like it.

That is pretty darn cool. I've never seen that one before.

# 106 RavensFan2k3 @ 12/10/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Eyes
To be fair, I can remember josh looman stating that he wasn't really going to mess with the averages that much. In fact, here is his statement on his final patch tuning.

"I think I've reached a happy medium, where I still get 18 touchdowns for the best guy and he only averages about 5.7 - 6.2 YPC. With the deadline I'm under, I don't think this will get much better.

And backup HB YPC is not much better than it was. If I bring those up, the elite guys will average 7.0-8.0 YPC so I'm going to have to leave those as they are. Again, if you have a good enough backup like Stewart or Lendale White, they'll get a good YPC. If you've got a 70 overall as your backup, he's not going to do much."

"I'm pretty happy with YPC and Passing yards/TDs."

"Let me know what you think. I'm about to call this tuning finished."

Apparently he didn't stick to this statement because I'm having guys average 7-8 yds per carry and 3/4 the league at 5 yds per carry.
ugh...this sucks, so that means the human controlled team will never have a RB or a DE/OLB in the probowl

# 107 dbeth @ 12/11/09 12:29 AM
here's a play I never could get before the patch: a teammate actually kicking out a block and sealing a lane for me. In the past, the TE or FB would just whiff or just spin around!!

# 108 Tomba @ 12/11/09 01:02 AM
Have the behind the back catches been fixed?

# 109 Nza @ 12/11/09 01:10 AM
My impressions? It's clear EA need to revise patching procedure. This has been the same story time and time again with EA since Madden PC days - fix one thing, break another thing, and "fix" something else, by which I mean make worse. Ask any old timer on the PC, EA are legendary for it and console gamers are starting to feel it now. This is not common place in the gaming industry - patches are generally not feared by gamers like Madden gamers tend to (or evidently should).

Probably a net gain overall I guess, but only because I've long ago let free my hopes of truely accurate NFL stats in simmed Madden games.

# 110 RogueHominid @ 12/11/09 01:14 AM
I ran a few screens just to check them today in my two online games, and I noticed that they're better contained than before the patch. I don't know if it's zone awareness or depth or what, but now screens seem to work more like they should--big play if there's a blitz; if not probably a minimal gain.

# 111 puremvp1 @ 12/11/09 04:04 AM
Well, imo the running game is muched improved "because of better blocking on the outside" inside it's still mostly useless

as for the fixed pass russ....well I can get pass rush pretty easily, but sacks are still nearly impossible "for me" as the qb releases everytime right as I hit him or right before, sometimes it'll make sense, other times the guy is covered.. Picked bree's off 3 times in the first half because of this...I didnt however see any Lame duck passes, so I guess that's a plus.

so in the two games ive played, Ive hit the qb a ton of times but have zero sacks, maybe it was the qb "bree's and farve"

# 112 mkeller25 @ 12/11/09 07:46 AM
I certainly don't feel like Cover 2 has been fixed at all. I still had my corner dropping into a short zone instead of the flat zone despite having someone headed into the flats. My DB's just stick with the WR's too long instead of jumping the flat route. Trips ANYTHING to the flats is still unguardable with cover 2 which is absolutely asinine. I do feel like run blocking has been improved slightly while the CPU run game has improved significantly and pass blocking is still insane for the CPU on All Madden. When the QB can just sit back in the pocket while every one of his WR's breaks off or changes their route is ridiculous. This is with me controlling an end as well to try and help the pass rush. I just get stone walled move after move after move, then finally someones wide open because coverage has broken down. PvP games I've noticed this isn't the case at all... but against the CPU, forget it.

# 113 CatMan72 @ 12/11/09 08:14 AM
In my 2nd game after patch 2, playing on all-pro with default sliders, I sacked Donovan McNabb with Everette Brown 6 times.

# 114 Hammerhunker @ 12/11/09 08:28 AM
I am happy with the patch. Personally, I can't put a finger on anything in particular but the game is playing sweetly.

It seems that the game is running quicker. I had to drop from fast to normal. Fast was a blur compared to what it was.

The fixed flat coverage bit me last night. I was playing with Big Ben and hanging in the pocket waiting a split second more for Holmes to come open over the middle, I bailed and just flicked the pass to the flat like I have always been able to do, but this time it was picked.

I am curious to see what others come up with regarding threshold. I am still at 33.

And level. I went with a straight All-Pro look last night with the CPU all at default. Wasn't too bad.

# 115 Hova57 @ 12/11/09 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I am happy with the patch. Personally, I can't put a finger on anything in particular but the game is playing sweetly.

It seems that the game is running quicker. I had to drop from fast to normal. Fast was a blur compared to what it was.

The fixed flat coverage bit me last night. I was playing with Big Ben and hanging in the pocket waiting a split second more for Holmes to come open over the middle, I bailed and just flicked the pass to the flat like I have always been able to do, but this time it was picked.

I am curious to see what others come up with regarding threshold. I am still at 33.

And level. I went with a straight All-Pro look last night with the CPU all at default. Wasn't too bad.
my threshold is at 40 fast players don't get caught from behind , but slow lineman and lb do if my reciever or rb breaks one on dbs and safeties can make the takle de and lineman won't track me down

# 116 BigTigLSU @ 12/11/09 10:27 AM
4 quits since the patch...

The era of the BS is over... I am really enjoying the patch.

# 117 jimbo1215 @ 12/11/09 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
4 quits since the patch...

The era of the BS is over... I am really enjoying the patch.
pretty much

# 118 DGuinta1 @ 12/11/09 11:15 AM
Does the CPU challenge anything?

# 119 mr_president @ 12/11/09 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Does the CPU challenge anything?

yes, but that was happening pre-patch as well.

# 120 Phennixx @ 12/11/09 11:24 AM
Yes they do, I was playing SEA vs SF and SF. Head coach challenged a run by Forsett who broke big run but stepped out of bounds and it wasn't called...it looked good to me, he just barley stepped out and it was something I could see a referee missing

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.