Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 patch #2 is now available for the Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 DGuinta1 @ 12/11/09 11:46 AM
Replays are still inconsistent and too few.

# 122 Skyboxer @ 12/11/09 11:52 AM
Loving the patch overall. Don't understand the "Still can't run the ball inside" complaints as I've had no issues running inside.

As far as the over the shoulder catch: I haven't seen the over the shoulder thing in 3 games since patch but that doesn't mean it's not there I guess.

very satisified with the patch.

# 123 RavensFan2k3 @ 12/11/09 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71

You can't throw toward the sidelines because it will be an incomplete pass even if its caught inbounds.
i been hearing this alot recently...was this present before the patch too?

# 124 Phobia @ 12/11/09 12:45 PM
Quote:
Well actually the more you play the more those annoyances come back. In fact now, I haven't even changed anything but I can't get a sack and am seeing a TON of those duck passes to avoid a sack.

You can't throw toward the sidelines because it will be an incomplete pass even if its caught inbounds.

List goes on....
I disagree completely

I threw to the sidelines all game last night and A LOT were in bounds and considered catches

# 125 Skyboxer @ 12/11/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I disagree completely

I threw to the sidelines all game last night and A LOT were in bounds and considered catches
Same here. Online franchise game last night and both teams were able to complete sideline passes (1 was the game clincher to seal the deal). Now there wer 2 that were ruled out. 1 was too early to challenge. The second one I challenged and the replay showed that the correct call was made.
As far as sacks go I had 3 coverage sacks alone in an offline franchise game.
No issues there.

# 126 GiantKingNy @ 12/11/09 01:25 PM
This is big time placebo event, nothing has really changed except what is in you fellas minds.

# 127 Skyboxer @ 12/11/09 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
This is big time placebo event, nothing has really changed except what is in you fellas minds.
Yeah thats it! It's awesome how EA has found a way to make our imagination miraculously appear in the post game saveable highlights AND have stats appearing in the post game screens backing up our imaginary claims. EA is wicked smart!!

have no clue why I even hit "View post" as I knew there had to be a good reason why this child was on my ignore list...
Live an learn.

# 128 Phobia @ 12/11/09 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
Tell me you are being sarcastic!!!

I am NOT a madden fan, everyone who knows me knows I am a HUGE 2k fan. But I will be the very first one to say.

MADDEN HAS ARRIVED. Patch #2 is the bomb. It actually makes X & O play calling work correctly.

While I am not going to go into a long drawn out post on why Madden is finally up to par with patch 2. I will just go on record to say I bet you are just trolling or you mad your cheese no longer works.

Bottom line is Patch 2 made the GAMEPLAY amazing. Stats still jacked up but the most important thing is gameplay and it has arrived.

# 129 Brando70 @ 12/11/09 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
My impressions? It's clear EA need to revise patching procedure. This has been the same story time and time again with EA since Madden PC days - fix one thing, break another thing, and "fix" something else, by which I mean make worse. Ask any old timer on the PC, EA are legendary for it and console gamers are starting to feel it now. This is not common place in the gaming industry - patches are generally not feared by gamers like Madden gamers tend to (or evidently should).

Probably a net gain overall I guess, but only because I've long ago let free my hopes of truely accurate NFL stats in simmed Madden games.
Not to let EA off the hook because it's silly how the RB stats got screwed up -- the pre-patch stats were obviously a better alternative than these inflated ones.

However, if you want to play a football franchise with more accurate stats, there are a few games out there that specialize in that. I'd rather have the onfield fixes for Madden be a priority, and I'll live with screwy franchise stats for now.

I've only played one game, default All-Pro, Bears (me) against the Vikings. This is year 2 of my franchise and the Vikings have Jason Campbell as their QB. I was able to get four sacks from four different players, including one from my LOLB. I've always had trouble getting pressure with blitzing LBs and that was more effective. Campbell also took off about four times when the pressure got great. This has clearly been changed.

The CPU seemed to defend the flats a lot better, too. Screens in particular were not nearly as effective for me as they had been. Overall, the offense seemed toned down. I had a harder time moving the ball, and despite getting nearly 250 yards rushing from Peterson (thanks to two big TD runs), Campbell was fairly ineffective and inaccurate.

The hitching rushing motion was also greatly reduced and is not very noticeable except in replays. Overall rushing seemed more fluid and smooth.

# 130 Skyboxer @ 12/11/09 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaugherty
post patch....i am not seeing very many sacks...i am also seeing the quarterback getting rid of the ball right before the sack...this was just one game...can someone clarify if this has been fixed
Theere's been quite a few posts in this thread that show people are getting more sacks. I'd suggest playing the game and deciding for yourself as I've seen posts saying flats were fixed and posts saying they weren't. Posts saying no sacks and posts saying there were sacks.
This, IMO, is a clear case of let's just call it "different styles of play"
and leave it at that.

# 131 puremvp1 @ 12/11/09 03:28 PM
Yeah and maybe some are playing on all pro and some are playing on All-madden.

It seems from what ive read people playing on all-pro have no trouble getting sacks...I play on all-madden and it's nearly impossible and the qb is a freak, I wish I could explain it, play action farve goes back to handoff, my guy blows threw the line, looks like a sure sack only to have brett break off like a madman "even though his back was turned to the d player coming and throw off his back foot to a guy in double coverage"

it's sad........patch made things somewhat better, but this is far from "madden is here" or things like that imo.

# 132 Skyboxer @ 12/11/09 04:36 PM
Quote:
Well I don't play on either all-pro nor all-madden. I use dfos's and bill's custom sliders. Nevertheless, the duck passes to avoid QB's being sacked are still there.
Still there in the sense interceptions, fumbles etc are still in the game. Same amount? Nope.

# 133 Kramer5150 @ 12/11/09 05:42 PM
Sorry,but I don't see much of a change with this 2nd patch.
I started yet another "test" franchise last night with the Steelers,switching to advanced,and still saw a crazy amount of cpu blitzes,and the flats were as open as before....and this is with the cpu awareness slider @ 80.

I had 14 total sacks on defense,and this was user as well as cpu controlled...so slider adjustment will be needed.

Using the LE..or the corner on the slot receiver on the right side of the screen,is still 98% effective at getting sacks. Trying to rush with Harrison,is still a joke,as the suction blocking is still evident,pursuit angles are still a mess...and the "stuttering" on break away runs is still present.

All in all,I'm pretty disappointed in this patch,as I don't see anything THAT drastic to warrant the patch being released so late in the season.

# 134 BlueNGold @ 12/11/09 06:04 PM
Quote:
In week 2, Michael Turner got 33 carries for 360 yards and 4 rushing TD's averaging 10.9 YPC.

Seriously EA?!?
Not trying to excuse that but you act like you didn't know rushing stats were muffed up after the patch.

# 135 BlueNGold @ 12/11/09 06:09 PM
Quote:
No I did. Just frustrated with it is all man.
Yeah, me too but I just figure I'd rather have great gameplay (which we got IMO) than get pissed about a couple inflated stats like rushing yards and sacks. At first I was annoyed by it but I'm probably going to be playing all my franchise games anyways so to me it's not as big of a deal.

# 136 Romeclone @ 12/11/09 06:54 PM
And the guy at the start of this thread said A.P. ran for like 2500 yards in a season.

Look, I am one that does not bang the drum of EA too much, but this is totaly out of this world stupid. EA - In the words of Jim Mora, you should be totaly embarassed and totaly ashamed, you could not do didly-poo.

I actually liked this game 48 hours ago, and could have played it, even with it's flaws. But, it's like the patch totaly destrotyed the only mode I play, offline franchise. What is the point of playing the damn game if it has arcade stats? I don't see any reason to play it with such WAY out there stats.

I just don't understand, in my wildest dreams how EA could see this and think it's kosher, it just boggles my mind.

Hey, did you notice that RB's are avg. 10YPC and 2500 yards a season?

Yeah, but I don't know what I did or how to fix it.

Oh well, I'm just going to send out the patch.

Cool, let's go home.

I know that on the Ps3 there is a way to delete it. Is there any way to get this garbage off my 360? And go back to just patch 1?

# 137 BlueNGold @ 12/11/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeclone
And the guy at the start of this thread said A.P. ran for like 2500 yards in a season.

Look, I am one that does not bang the drum of EA too much, but this is totaly out of this world stupid. EA - In the words of Jim Mora, you should be totaly embarassed and totaly ashamed, you could not do didly-poo.

I actually liked this game 48 hours ago, and could have played it, even with it's flaws. But, it's like the patch totaly destrotyed the only mode I play, offline franchise. What is the point of playing the damn game if it has arcade stats? I don't see any reason to play it with such WAY out there stats.

I just don't understand, in my wildest dreams how EA could see this and think it's kosher, it just boggles my mind.

Hey, did you notice that RB's are avg. 10YPC and 2500 yards a season?

Yeah, but I don't know what I did or how to fix it.

Oh well, I'm just going to send out the patch.

Cool, let's go home.

I know that on the Ps3 there is a way to delete it. Is there any way to get this garbage off my 360? And go back to just patch 1?
Wow, personally I would stick with the patch but if you want to get rid of it search for "clearing cache". There's a certain button press combination you have to put in to get rid of it. BTW, it gets rid of all of your patches so you'll have to re-download the ones you want to keep.

# 138 Romeclone @ 12/11/09 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Wow, personally I would stick with the patch but if you want to get rid of it search for "clearing cache". There's a certain button press combination you have to put in to get rid of it. BTW, it gets rid of all of your patches so you'll have to re-download the ones you want to keep.

Thanks, I would love to keep the patch. I love the gameplay improvements. Just don't see the point in "playing the game" If the franchise is busted, and yes, those wack stats do qualify as a busted franchise mode IMHO.

I am just getting off work, when I get home I will tinker around with it some more, run a few years in sim and see what I can do.

# 139 RavensFan2k3 @ 12/11/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yeah, me too but I just figure I'd rather have great gameplay (which we got IMO) than get pissed about a couple inflated stats like rushing yards and sacks. At first I was annoyed by it but I'm probably going to be playing all my franchise games anyways so to me it's not as big of a deal.
its a problem to those of us who play all our games too because in those categories(rushing, and defensive categories that involve sacks), we can never compete and we'll never have players in the running for awards or porbowl voting because the CPU team stats are so extreme.

# 140 BlueNGold @ 12/11/09 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
its a problem to those of us who play all our games too because in those categories(rushing, and defensive categories that involve sacks), we can never compete and we'll never have players in the running for awards or porbowl voting because the CPU team stats are so extreme.
True. I was talking more of people that like to sim most of their games, then yeah it would be basically pointless for them to have the patch if all they do is play Franchise.

Trust me, I'm as big of a Franchise guy as you guys are and I'm tired of sports games always focusing on online and other features (that's for another thread though) but I guess I've just gotten so used to things being broken that I'm used to it now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.