Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Check out the UFC Undisputed 2010 debut trailer.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 teampunjabi @ 12/12/09 11:57 PM
Can someone point out any new features they spotted...did not seem to show very much.

# 2 p_rushing @ 12/13/09 12:20 AM
slamming a guy into the cage
moving your head around to dodge shots
looks like some new blocking, one had covering for the hook/side of head, the other the face

# 3 Cyros @ 12/13/09 12:42 AM
Was that Kimbo?

# 4 BlueNGold @ 12/13/09 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Was that Kimbo?
Yes.

# 5 Parasight @ 12/13/09 01:06 AM
Kimbo and JDS

# 6 aholbert32 @ 12/13/09 01:11 AM
New Armbar too.

# 7 Cpre5 @ 12/13/09 02:41 AM
Also showing Silva as Southpaw.

Overall not much of a trailer.

# 8 Phillmattic @ 12/13/09 11:10 AM
Cool, Silva switched stances.

# 9 godylla @ 12/13/09 08:53 PM
It looks like in one of the few clips involving Kimbo, that whoever he is fighting (I think JDS) it looks like there is a glancing punch that grazes across the back of Kimbo's head. There weren't too many glancing punches in 2009, so hopefully there will be more in '10.

# 10 MCNABB51BOI @ 12/14/09 03:14 AM
who cares what EA does im gonna be on UFC 10 game looks great

# 11 allBthere @ 12/14/09 03:11 PM
I hope they got rid of the 'shine' it ruined my controller - not for other games really, but if I play UFC now and try the shine it doesn't work anymore. they could make it a combo of moving your body in the right direction (LS) and moving your limbs too (RS or buttons)

# 12 BlueNGold @ 12/14/09 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I hope they got rid of the 'shine' it ruined my controller - not for other games really, but if I play UFC now and try the shine it doesn't work anymore. they could make it a combo of moving your body in the right direction (LS) and moving your limbs too (RS or buttons)
Yeah the shine wasn't that great. It didn't ruin any of my controllers but the frustration from the rest of the game did.

# 13 Uncle Way @ 12/14/09 11:08 PM
Adding head move alone boost the game drastically.. The stand was pretty elementary.. Especially when compared to the ground game..

Still giving the EA MMA a chance based solely on the use of the Fight Night engine, but the face that THQ is adding substance to the boxing/standup, I think this might a must buy too..

Can't wait for some demos to drop

# 14 BlueNGold @ 12/15/09 12:21 AM
After going back tonight and playing some UFC 2009, I really, really, really hope they added in the ability for 2 guys to punch each other at the same time. I'm sure they did but if they didn't there is no way I'm buying the game, no matter what else they added this year.

I damn near wanted to break my disc in half after getting raped by a bunch of guys online who wailed away on me with punches and I was stuck there to do nothing.

Also, I hope they got rid of the ability to catch every punch and move into a clinch just by flicking the R stick. One of the guys I played did this non stop anytime I generated any kind of offense standing. So annoying.

If these two things are gone, along with the annoyances in the ground game like guys just sitting back and holding the transition block or constantly mashing the stick for a reversal, then I'll probably buy first day. Otherwise this will be nothing more than a rental and EA MMA might get my money instead.

# 15 BlueNGold @ 12/15/09 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer23
what do you mean by "shine"?
When you have to rotate the R stick for subs and takedowns.

# 16 jeremym480 @ 12/15/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
When you have to rotate the R stick for subs and takedowns.
I had to buy two new controller's because I rubbed the padding of of the R stick on both of the ones I had. Hopefully, we will have new submission controls or the options to customize our controls.

# 17 BlueNGold @ 12/15/09 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I had to buy two new controller's because I rubbed the padding of of the R stick on both of the ones I had. Hopefully, we will have new submission controls or the options to customize our controls.
That sucks. How did you do the shine? Did you do it with your palm or your thumb? I usually went with the thumb, which is probably why I suck, lol.

# 18 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/15/09 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
After going back tonight and playing some UFC 2009, I really, really, really hope they added in the ability for 2 guys to punch each other at the same time. I'm sure they did but if they didn't there is no way I'm buying the game, no matter what else they added this year.

I damn near wanted to break my disc in half after getting raped by a bunch of guys online who wailed away on me with punches and I was stuck there to do nothing.

Also, I hope they got rid of the ability to catch every punch and move into a clinch just by flicking the R stick. One of the guys I played did this non stop anytime I generated any kind of offense standing. So annoying.

If these two things are gone, along with the annoyances in the ground game like guys just sitting back and holding the transition block or constantly mashing the stick for a reversal, then I'll probably buy first day. Otherwise this will be nothing more than a rental and EA MMA might get my money instead.
Yeah, man. The stuff you mentioned is why I got rid of UFC and am more interested in EA MMA right now. I will mostly likely get UFC if they've fixed some of the problems, but knowing I'll get a completely new experience with the other game has really peaked my interest.

# 19 imdahman @ 12/15/09 11:40 PM
Yeah that trailer looked alright.

The one thing I do hope they are fixing is actually the ground game. As good as it was, it was way too 'canned' for me. You made a stick movement, then it would do the entire animation on its own - and a sub is never that easy in real life, lol. I don't know how it could be done exactly, but I'd love to have some sort of system where you have to really work for the submissions, rather than just getting the canned animations that you saw in the game.

# 20 jermich1 @ 12/31/09 11:58 AM
They need to have like a sorta minigame when trying for a submission like tapping the right key in order. also, they need some standing submissions such as flying armbar and flying triangle. finally, they need to use the ultimate fighter in career mode. make us beat like kimbo and those guys.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.