Home
MLB 10 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted their first look at MLB '10: The Show.

Quote:
"MLB 09" was one of the best offline sports games of the year. But take the game online and it's virtually unplayable because of the constant lag that throws off the timing of every move, making even little things like check swings seem impossible. "We're fully aware of the complaints," admits Cutliff, "but we've made online playability a priority area for us this year to make sure the timing of everything from the release points to the swings and check swings finally look and feel right. The online game will be going through much more extensive testing than we've ever put it through before."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/19/09 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Hopefully the Twins new Uni's made it in. We all know how the MLB style guide can be.

I hear that.

Funny how game developers have to follow the style guide, or face fines, but the teams themselves don't (by altering slightly). And game makers cant follow the real life uni, even if it is altered from the "style guide".

Yet if you're uniform isn't proper on the field, you get fines as well.

Too much red tape and politics.

# 182 ShowTyme15 @ 12/19/09 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I hear that.

Funny how game developers have to follow the style guide, or face fines, but the teams themselves don't (by altering slightly). And game makers cant follow the real life uni, even if it is altered from the "style guide".

Yet if you're uniform isn't proper on the field, you get fines as well.

Too much red tape and politics.
I remember reading somewhere a few years ago ( I believe it was when the Texas Rangers Changed Uni's to the alternate sleevelss Unis) That the teams that are changing uniforms have to let teh MLB know well in advance weather it is a slight change or completely changing uni's I believe they have to let them know a year or a year and a half in advance if I am not mistaken. I could be wrong but iremember reading something like that a few years back.

# 183 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/19/09 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I remember reading somewhere a few years ago ( I believe it was when the Texas Rangers Changed Uni's to the alternate sleevelss Unis) That the teams that are changing uniforms have to let teh MLB know well in advance weather it is a slight change or completely changing uni's I believe they have to let them know a year or a year and a half in advance if I am not mistaken. I could be wrong but iremember reading something like that a few years back.

Yeah, they have to let them know in advanced like you said. But still funny how some don't match the "style guide", yet game makers have to follow it. But MLB teams don't.

# 184 jethrotull @ 12/19/09 06:12 PM
Tiger Stadium would reign supreme if it were included, or if it were downloadable. We could really use it up here in Detroit, a lot of great moments in baseball history have happened there. Gibson homerun vs Padres in 84. Reggie Jackson's all star performance, Cecil Fielder and Harmon Killebrew hitting it out of the park over the left field stands. Not to mention a Virgil Trucks no hitter in 52 or 56? Louis Salazar playing all 9 positions during one game. Rupert Jones putting one in the lights in 83 or 84. Finally it's the home of Ernie Harwell!

So Don't Tell Me it's Not Classic!

# 185 ferriscj24 @ 12/19/09 06:29 PM
WHAT HE SAID!

I doubt it is included, as it looks like they have already revealed all of the Classic Stadiums. As for downloadable, I would no doubt pay for it. As for next year, wishful thinking I guess...

# 186 Rod_Carew29 @ 12/19/09 09:39 PM
He's got that **** right...hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours I've spent and to a lesser degree, still am spending on all 30 team rosters....

So, this looks like it would solve the "why injuries cannot be on and ya cannot have roster control at the same time"

Kolbe said:

And speaking of Franchise, there will be the ability to finally play Franchise mode with up to 30 players. "We have a lot of fans who want to control every team, every lineup, every injury … they actually want to go in and manually injure a player just so their franchise at home can have the exact rosters of real life," says senior designer Kolbe Launchbaugh. "The time they spend on these rosters and inside all of these various modes really blows my mind, and it's something we all take great pride in as we're working on the game."

# 187 Rod_Carew29 @ 12/19/09 09:47 PM
Just my opinion...being the comprehensive mass roster editor I am and always have been....they (SCEA) can keep ALL the 'A' teams out of the game.....

It's already an inordinate amount of work just doing all 30 teams' AA, AAA and MLB rosters....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
"...However, the only thing that bummed me out was that it looks like there won't be Single A teams this year (hinted in RTTS 4.0)."

# 188 Rod_Carew29 @ 12/19/09 09:50 PM
THAT is not true...the problem and the issue that you're having boils down to you (or anyone else going through that) having to readjust ALL stamina sliders and then attributes for pitchers' that are specific to their energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan44
I wish they would change the 6 1/3 starting pitching logic. That has always been the thing that drove me crazy the most about this game. The only way your pitcher stays in the game past 6.1 is if the game is tied or he has a shutout. If its say 3-1 and the pitcher has only thrown 70 pitches, he gets taking out every friggin time at 6.1. Fix that please. Thats not realistic.

# 189 Zinger @ 12/20/09 12:05 AM
As someone who only plays season mode and never online, it looks as if some of this year's biggest innovations will not affect me, but I wouldn't for a moment consider not getting '10 as soon as I can lay my sweaty paws on it. There's bound to be lots of subtle improvements all round, making the game even more immersive, and I couldn't possibly pass on those.

# 190 Jeffery 09 @ 12/20/09 12:16 AM
Real time presentation, day transitions, improved lighting...im an avid season player as well and im very excited...you will be pleased im sure

# 191 rckabillyRaider @ 12/20/09 03:16 AM
Can't wait to see the "grenade tirade". LOL. Should be classic.

# 192 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/20/09 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
He's got that **** right...hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours I've spent and to a lesser degree, still am spending on all 30 team rosters....

So, this looks like it would solve the "why injuries cannot be on and ya cannot have roster control at the same time"

Kolbe said:

And speaking of Franchise, there will be the ability to finally play Franchise mode with up to 30 players. "We have a lot of fans who want to control every team, every lineup, every injury … they actually want to go in and manually injure a player just so their franchise at home can have the exact rosters of real life," says senior designer Kolbe Launchbaugh. "The time they spend on these rosters and inside all of these various modes really blows my mind, and it's something we all take great pride in as we're working on the game."
I just really, really, really do hope they have it where we can actually "manually injure players". It sounds like it is in there, but it isnt worded like that.

It is almost as if he is just saying how hardcore we are, but doesn't actually confirm they did add that. And I really hope they did, and the MLB doesn't get upset about it.

# 193 Senor_Herbatron @ 12/20/09 07:00 AM
I understand the reasoning behind it but I'm not quite sure that is something SCEA is able to do. Injuring players manually seems a bit morbid.

Hopefully we see a fact sheet sometime in the next few days. I'm dying to know if they have a control scheme to pitch similar to 2k. Although it's not a necessity it would be neat to have a more difficult way to pitch in the game.

# 194 green94 @ 12/20/09 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
A few fireworks anybody?

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Phillies have fireworks? I don't remember seeing any in the playoffs last year.

# 195 Jamin23 @ 12/20/09 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Can anyone confirm whether or not the Phillies have fireworks? I don't remember seeing any in the playoffs last year.
They do after someone hits a home run and the liberty bell rings.

# 196 green94 @ 12/20/09 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
They do after someone hits a home run and the liberty bell rings.
Ok sounds good, wasn't sure. I'm hoping they implemented the fireworks at the correct stadiums unlike MVP Baseball where they would be going off at Wrigley and Yankee Stadium. Kind of ruined the immersion factor.

# 197 JermaineDye05 @ 12/20/09 03:27 PM
This probably a long shot, but considering last years ability to put custom music in the game, I was wondering if there are even more spots where we could throw in tracks.

I think last year was just for batter intros and for when pitchers come out of the bullpen (This was just for the team you were controlling, not for the CPU).

I know the White Sox always play "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" whenever the opposing pitcher is pulled from the game.

I guess my question is: Can we use the custom music to taunt the opposing team? Like if someone makes an error or if the opposing pitcher gets shelled and the manager has to come and take him out.

This would just add to the realism for the game.

# 198 green94 @ 12/20/09 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
This probably a long shot, but considering last years ability to put custom music in the game, I was wondering if there are even more spots where we could throw in tracks.

I think last year was just for batter intros and for when pitchers come out of the bullpen (This was just for the team you were controlling, not for the CPU).

I know the White Sox always play "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" whenever the opposing pitcher is pulled from the game.

I guess my question is: Can we use the custom music to taunt the opposing team? Like if someone makes an error or if the opposing pitcher gets shelled and the manager has to come and take him out.

This would just add to the realism for the game.
What they really need to do is have a macro level custom music track that can be applied to an entire team.

Example: Everytime a White Sox player hits a HR they play Na Na Hey Hey on the organ while the fireworks shoot off. I have a recording of it WITH fireworks that i used last year, thankfully I can take out those out this year!!!

# 199 Eman5805 @ 12/20/09 10:33 PM
I'm so glad for the new controls for catchers. It was ridiculously boring for that before. It'd be cooler if when you're a rookie you're more likely to get waived off by veteran pitchers and they only start to respect you as you get more experienced.

Or if everything you call and they throw gets hammered, they start throwing what they want.

Edit: And I'd do backflips if they FINALLY add more player model body types. I mean EVERYONE has these ridiculously short arms, even when they're 6'2" and taller. It doesn't look right and for a stickler like me, it's off putting.

# 200 metal134 @ 12/21/09 09:25 AM
I like finally having the option to watch your team play in RTTS when your not involved. I would play the regular way most of the time, but I always felt if you're in the playoffs and have to simulate to, say, the end of game 7 of the World Series when you're winning to find out you won would be anti-climactic. In that situation, I would watch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.