Home
MLB 10 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted their first look at MLB '10: The Show.

Quote:
"MLB 09" was one of the best offline sports games of the year. But take the game online and it's virtually unplayable because of the constant lag that throws off the timing of every move, making even little things like check swings seem impossible. "We're fully aware of the complaints," admits Cutliff, "but we've made online playability a priority area for us this year to make sure the timing of everything from the release points to the swings and check swings finally look and feel right. The online game will be going through much more extensive testing than we've ever put it through before."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/19/09 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
No. Just sayin that's how it would have to be done if we were to get this into the game. I know that they just use standard photos provided to them by the MLBPA, or photos approved by the MLBPA.

They use the same photos that are on the MLB web site.

They can add the MLB generic caps, then they can add team ones ... that is, unless they have someone "photoshop" the free agents.

Then that case I can understand. But if not, and it is a template that just overlays, then team specific ones can be done, with logic to apply it or change the logo to the team one upon a trade.

I would just personally rather have the old team (last) ones in the free agent pool than the MLB cap. Just like the old stays on trades. And the old stays on the MLB site until someone there photoshops the new. Of course it is also probably another stipulation in the "contract" that 2K has for video game baseball. Seems like there is a lot of funny little things they cant do, but 2K can.

# 162 wrigleyville33 @ 12/19/09 01:21 AM
off topic "every thread seems to close now"... I was going to make the following post about the fake cover with these featured espn features before the thread was locked...

"I mean lets face it. Of course the scea manager is going to say this is a fake, its all about marketing. If that's what they slap on the back of the game, I would be severely disappointed, as this will basically be the only "major" additions. The polo grounds image is real because it looks exactly like the show, the lighting and everything. How is this prooved to be fake?"

So how do we know the cover isn't real?

# 163 42 @ 12/19/09 01:28 AM
Instead of derailing this topic, PM the Forum Admin (Millennium) if you'd like to address any of your concerns.

Thanks.

Back on topic...

# 164 AlbertPujolsFreak5 @ 12/19/09 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
off topic "every thread seems to close now"... I was going to make the following post about the fake cover with these featured espn features before the thread was locked...

"I mean lets face it. Of course the scea manager is going to say this is a fake, its all about marketing. If that's what they slap on the back of the game, I would be severely disappointed, as this will basically be the only "major" additions. The polo grounds image is real because it looks exactly like the show, the lighting and everything. How is this prooved to be fake?"

So how do we know the cover isn't real?
the way that we know its fake is because why in the world would they put screenshots of MLB '09 The Show on the back of the MLB '10 The Show cover? I mean I know for a fact that the Helton, Manny, Utley and Upton, and the Tex are all from '09 The Show. At the bottom of the post I will try and provide a link to prove my point. As far as the Polo grounds goes...I really don't have an answer for that? But I do know the rest of the pics are from '09 The Show.

Todd Helton Screen: http://media.operationsports.com/sho...258-media.jpeg

Manny Ramierz Screen: can be seen in the thread MLB '10/MLB '09 Screens.. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...mparisons.html

Utley and Upton Screen:...cant find exact one of it right now but I have one close to it... http://media.operationsports.com/sho...181-media.jpeg

Tex Screen: http://media.operationsports.com/sho...899-media.jpeg

Catcher tagging player Screen: http://media.operationsports.com/sho...907-media.jpeg

I hope this will be enough proof that this is not the real back of the box!

# 165 bears5122 @ 12/19/09 10:43 AM
The Classic Stadiums make me real happy. I made a thread about that last year and said how cool it would be to play some games in some of these old unique parks like Polo Grounds. I remember Earl Weaver Baseball had them on the PC and I had a blast playing in them. Hats off to The Show for catering to us baseball history nerds.

The only thing I didn't see that I was hoping for is some improvement on RTTS in regards to closers. Seemed that was the one job that you simply couldn't get enough points to be succesful in. No matter what I did with my closer in AAA, I could never get up to the bigs. Just couldn't finish the goals due to not having enough appearances.

# 166 NAFBUC @ 12/19/09 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Oh, okay. That would cost beau coup bucks to do that. It would be the first $300 video game just to cover the cost.
I always wondered how to spell beau coup, , classic military verbage.

# 167 green94 @ 12/19/09 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggerorange73
Have faith....they have all the materials needed to get this done correctly.
Hugger, you were ALL OVER this last year. You did a great job taking pics of the Cell. Fireworks are IN, that much is confirmed. I cannot WAIT to see if they implemented the pinwheels correctly!

Unfortunately the scoreboard on the Southside may not be exploding too much this year with both Thome and Dye out of the lineup.

# 168 Pared @ 12/19/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddawg60
yup and to the fellow that said the forums will be ridiculous....your right about that.
anyone and i mean ANYONE that will have anything even close to negative or a complaint will be jumped on by the fannie boys !!!!!

dont get me wrong i love the show, its a pretty damn good game, but just seeing the reactions to newyoricans post is ...well just a preview of things to come.

love the show but hate fanny boys....any and all of them.

ok back to topic, sounds like another great year for the show, my one hope is true user control !! and im talking about in the actual gameplay.
This fanny boy stuff isn't going to fly in these forums.

If you'd like to stay a member here, please contribute to the discussions of the games and layoff the internet labels. It doesn't benefit the community to do this.

# 169 Pared @ 12/19/09 12:10 PM
Your personal views have NOTHING to do with MLB'10.

STOP making this thread about you. Post on the topic or don't post at all. Last warning.

# 170 lou22ny @ 12/19/09 05:03 PM
FACT SHEET??????????

# 171 Yankees94 @ 12/19/09 05:04 PM
yeahh fact sheett??????

# 172 42 @ 12/19/09 05:05 PM
Patience...

# 173 lou22ny @ 12/19/09 05:07 PM
Do you think they added more color bats??

# 174 Yankees94 @ 12/19/09 05:08 PM
I cant wait any longer..how will i wait till march?

# 175 Yankees94 @ 12/19/09 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou22ny
Do you think they added more color bats??
i hope theyr did..im just really curious about the super secret things russ talked about ....

# 176 lou22ny @ 12/19/09 05:09 PM
Me 2!!!!

# 177 ferriscj24 @ 12/19/09 05:17 PM
I gotta say...I'm pumped they added in some of the Classic Stadiums for this year. It is definitley a start...But I would probably do just about anything to have Tiger Stadium thrown in there. Tiger Stadium with Knight's 84 Tiger's roster...oh...my...god...

# 178 Yankees94 @ 12/19/09 05:26 PM
no but seriously has anyone one heard anyhting bout the fact sheet.****SSELLL?....i thought it was going to be realeased in 18 today is the 19 lol.....

# 179 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/19/09 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees94
no but seriously has anyone one heard anyhting bout the fact sheet.****SSELLL?....i thought it was going to be realeased in 18 today is the 19 lol.....
Not yet, I think they are waiting for approval from PR.

# 180 ShowTyme15 @ 12/19/09 05:50 PM
Hopefully the Twins new Uni's made it in. We all know how the MLB style guide can be.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.