Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out this Major League Baseball 2K10 article which talks about the audio improvements we should expect to see in the game.

Quote:
"Have you ever heard wooden voice acting in a game and thought you could do better? Me too. That’s why when 2K Sports offered me the chance to record crowd chatter for next year’s MLB 2K10, I jumped on the opportunity like C.C. Sabathia pouncing on the last hot dog at Yankee Stadium. I decided to invite former Mobcast guest, Shanker Srinivasan, along for the trip because...well, I needed a ride from the ferry terminal to 2K’s offices in Novato, California.

Once we arrived at 2K’s airplane hanger-turned-office, we were taken back to the sound department where we met with the audio director for MLB 2K10, Joel Simmons. He shared some details on MLB 2K10’s sound design."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jamin23 @ 12/17/09 08:53 PM
I hope updated crowd noise doesn't mean just individual crowd noise. I hope it means a louder crowd at appropriate times and a louder playoff crowd.

# 2 DaveDQ @ 12/17/09 08:54 PM
Thanks for that. Nice read.

# 3 jkra0512 @ 12/17/09 09:10 PM
Pretty cool look at behind the scenes of this series. I agree with Jamin23 with hoping they make situational crowd noise a must this year...

# 4 jerm21 @ 12/17/09 09:39 PM
if listen to the end of the write up, he gives an audio sample. it sounds great, the voices mix right in with the crowd. and its not constant shout outs from the individual fans. i think it shoud be a big upgrade!

# 5 Spectre @ 12/17/09 10:55 PM
I hope the crowd actually cheers rather than just taking a Xanax for the whole game. This series just has had piss-poor audience sounds for so long. In fact, its been a while since a game really got it right.

Sound is probably the least of this game's problems but its nice that they're working on it. I hope they realized how horrible it was.

# 6 Jamin23 @ 12/18/09 03:04 PM
I just listened to the Joel Simmons podcast and he said they added a lot of stadium specific sounds and new bat sounds. That is a positive.

# 7 yanks26ngoin @ 12/20/09 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I just listened to the Joel Simmons podcast and he said they added a lot of stadium specific sounds and new bat sounds. That is a positive.
Yeah, he said "Cowbells in NY"

Umm, I dont watch Met games, so I dont know if they do that crap at Citi. But I know for a fact that if anyone ever did that at Yankee Stadium, they would get booed out of the stadium. The only person who is ever allowed to have that sort of thing at the Stadium is Freddie Sez. I hope they add that thing when he walks around carrying a bell and fans hit it for Yankees Stadium. I also hope they add the roll call, and have it done correctly. If they add it, but its wrong...

# 8 Jamin23 @ 12/20/09 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Yeah, he said "Cowbells in NY"

Umm, I dont watch Met games, so I dont know if they do that crap at Citi. But I know for a fact that if anyone ever did that at Yankee Stadium, they would get booed out of the stadium. The only person who is ever allowed to have that sort of thing at the Stadium is Freddie Sez. I hope they add that thing when he walks around carrying a bell and fans hit it for Yankees Stadium. I also hope they add the roll call, and have it done correctly. If they add it, but its wrong...
I'm sure it was a mistake. At least I hope it was. They had the roll call in 2k8. I don't know why they took it out, but the atmosphere does sound improved.

# 9 StatMan79 @ 12/21/09 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I hope they made sure to keep that rockin' organ playing all throughout the game. I can't get enough of their rendition of "How Much Is That Doggy In The Window."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.