Home
Madden Ultimate Team News Post

Madden Ultimate Team will be available for download on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles at approximately 5:00 AM Pacific Time on Thursday, January 7th (NOTE: Exact time subject to change). This all-new game mode is offered with a free title update to Madden NFL 10. Just in case you missed our hands on preview, check it out right here.

Madden Ultimate Team is an all-new, strategic game mode for the critically acclaimed Madden NFL 10 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system. Take the challenge to create the definitive NFL team, by collecting virtual cards that include everything from NFL superstars, head coaches, stadiums and much more. Perfect for card collectors and fantasy football gurus, Madden Ultimate Team provides a unique football experience, giving you total control over building a single team in the quest to be crowned the ultimate Madden team. The Madden Ultimate Team game mode will be available free for Madden NFL 10 in January, via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

Features

Build Your Ultimate Team – With complete customization, take control over every aspect of your team. Set your starting offense, defense, special teams and then take your team to the field by playing games in Madden NFL 10. Determine who will coach your ultimate team, and then tailor additional aspects like uniforms and home stadium.

Nine Card Types – Collect bronze, silver and gold cards to form your ultimate team. Select from player, coach, playbook, injury, stadium, uniform, and contract card types. Go for the best with legendary player cards, as well as limited edition variants.

Develop Team Chemistry – Get an on-field chemistry boost, by selecting players from the same pro or collegiate team. Choose playbooks, stadiums and coaches from the same team to get an added boost, or allow Madden Ultimate Team to dynamically update as the lineup changes.

Acquire New Cards – Build your team in a variety of ways. Play games and earn coins to acquire new card packs, buy or sell cards with millions of Madden NFL fans at the auction block, or check weekly deals to purchase limited edition cards. Acquire additional card packs by using Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace or purchase them from the PlayStation Network.

The Hub – The home base for building your Madden Ultimate Team, The Hub provides easy access to your card collection. Make team changes or acquire new cards via the auction block or in-game store. Easily view total coins accumulated, team chemistry, team skill level, team record and total card value.

Online Leaderboards – Keep track of how your team ranks versus friends. Madden Ultimate Team online leaderboards will track your overall record, including head-to-head, versus the computer, and more.

Game: Madden Ultimate TeamReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Madden Ultimate Team Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Bash @ 01/09/10 11:37 AM
There are a lot of people who are trying to do that, but you'll soon find that its pretty much impossible especially when you loose a **** load of players from your starter pack then you'll be screwed and you can't do anything unless you sell some players (which is pretty hard to do because not many people buy bronze cards) or pay.

Edit: Woot! with 246 coins I managed to get 2 WRs, 1 CB, 1 RE and 1 RT! I can play again

# 102 jimmyy201 @ 01/09/10 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash
There are a lot of people who are trying to do that, but you'll soon find that its pretty much impossible especially when you loose a **** load of players from your starter pack then you'll be screwed and you can't do anything unless you sell some players (which is pretty hard to do because not many people buy bronze cards) or pay.

Edit: Woot! with 246 coins I managed to get 2 WRs, 1 CB, 1 RE and 1 RT! I can play again
thats why u should by alot of the bronze packs when u first start not trying to buy the expensive packs right off the bat (also im saying this if your trying to get coins legit)

# 103 jimmyy201 @ 01/09/10 01:14 PM
they should give u an option where u can only play someone online that has a team overall within 5, 10, 15 points of ur team

# 104 CreatineKasey @ 01/09/10 01:49 PM
Do you lose a contract game if you back out from the matchup screen?

# 105 LingeringRegime @ 01/09/10 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Do you lose a contract game if you back out from the matchup screen?
No. Only if you quit during the game.

I have Love/Hate relationship with playing this mode online. I love the variety of the teams you go up against. I hate the cheesing that people use. I hate when people call only three to four plays a game. I love when I shut them down.

I was down 17-7 right under the two minute warning. And received the kickoff returned it to the 30. First play from scrimmage on the series and Jamarcus hits a 60 OVR WR (Forgot his name) on a post pattern. I dodged one defender and was gone. 17-14.

Now there is 1:40 something left in the game. I have never been able to recover an onside kick. Maybe tried 5 times before. But, I have no choice being that I am out of timeouts also. I kick it very low on the power meter, and it deflects off of someone on the receiving team. Somehow I recover it.

I drive down the field and score and touchdown with under a minute to go. 21-17.

Then the dude starts cheesing like crazy, and gets the ball in the redzone with 14 seconds left, he is out of Timeouts also at this point. Of course he drops back (rather Sprints back) 20 yards to throw to the flats, but I tackle the HB at the five yardline. He hurries to get another play off but time expires. I was so ****ing pumped. I hate cheesers, but I love to beat them.

# 106 Bash @ 01/09/10 02:31 PM
They need to add an option to cancel your bid, I accidentally bid on a CB with 1 game left on the contract and I can't do anything but pray someone out bids me.

# 107 CreatineKasey @ 01/09/10 02:32 PM
Quote:
They need to add an option to cancel your bid, I accidentally bid on a CB with 1 game left on the contract and I can't do anything but pray someone out bids me.
lol! The oldest trick in the book

# 108 Mortalis @ 01/09/10 02:49 PM
For the people who are complaining about being able to buy card packs with Microsoft Points. Is it really all that different from the people who will play 24/7 and trump you with the quality of cards they have anyways? I mean, anyway you look at it, there are gonna be people who have an awesome deck. I doubt I'll spend money on cards, but I know either way, I'd be running into a roadblock of people who have the best cards even if they took out the money route.

# 109 Bash @ 01/09/10 03:18 PM
Do you guys know if there is a way to clear up your "My bids" section? There are a bunch of biddings that are done and are annoying.

# 110 LingeringRegime @ 01/09/10 03:57 PM
Quote:
Do you guys know if there is a way to clear up your "My bids" section? There are a bunch of biddings that are done and are annoying.
I noticed that too. I don't think you can. A quick workaround is to sort the column that says "DONE."

# 111 CreatineKasey @ 01/10/10 10:27 PM
It's confirmed over at EAsports.com via Josh Looman that there's no way to play friends. Bummer.

# 112 Bash @ 01/10/10 11:27 PM
Quote:
It's confirmed over at EAsports.com via Josh Looman that there's no way to play friends. Bummer.
Are they planing on adding it?

# 113 CreatineKasey @ 01/10/10 11:27 PM
Quote:
Are they planing on adding it?
Not this year.

# 114 Bash @ 01/11/10 12:41 AM
Quote:
Not this year.
WTF? Why? All it would take is a simple updates? What they are planing on using that as selling point next year or something -_-

# 115 JMD @ 01/11/10 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherone21
If EA would have made this mode without the ability to pay for coins to advance your team it would be absolutely brilliant. I feel like I am the only person on the internet trying to actually build my team by winning football games. NEXT YEAR PLEASE TAKE AWAY THE PAY FOR PLAYERS PORTION OF THIS MODE! PLEASE! IT IS SO GENIOUS BUT PLAYERS NEED TO HAVE A LEVEL PLAYING FEILD WHEN IT COMES TO BUILDING THEIR TEAMS!
There is a level playing field, everyone has the ability to purchase card packs. As I posted earlier in this thread I bought 2 gold packs that's a whopping $2.00 and then I bought 1 platinum pack which I believe was another $3.00. So for $5.00 , less then I spend on my lunch each day, my team went from a 62 to a 92.

If you only want to play people that have not bought cards, look at their teams rating before you ready up. If it is not close to your teams rating back out and look for a different opponent. Simple. No need to change the game, a lot of us like the ability to purchase cards.

# 116 KingV2k3 @ 01/11/10 06:47 PM
Can you buy packs for PS3 or is that just and xbox live feature?

I went to the Playstation store and couldn't find anything othe than the FIFA stuff...

# 117 Bash @ 01/11/10 08:55 PM
Go to buy pack and choose a pack and there is an option in there to pay for it by real money and coins.

# 118 KingV2k3 @ 01/11/10 08:59 PM
Quote:
Go to buy pack and choose a pack and there is an option in there to pay for it by real money and coins.
Thanks!

# 119 Bash @ 01/20/10 02:54 AM
Man they really need to fix the disconnect thing. I was playing a game and my opponent got disconnect and both of us were forced to leave and we didn't get any points and we lost a game off the contract.

# 120 JMD @ 01/20/10 07:57 AM
I can see great potential for this game mode. If not for Ultimate Team i would not even be playing the game any longer. A couple things I'd like to se changed:

1. Auction block timer in real time. when I am battling it out on the auction block for a player card and someone else also is interested we need to have the remaining time tick down in real time so we do not have to keep leaving the page and returning so it will refresh.

2. Do not allow the same player / card to be one the field in duplicate. I played a guy yesterday that was in a 2 WR formation and both WR's were Boldin. It's hard enough to stop one Boldin, nevermind 2 or 3.

3. Add NFL Greats Card packs. Let's say a pack of 5 players , a throwback uniform, and a great coach for 15,000 coins. (Don't want to make it to cheap and easy to get these players) I'd like to be able to get some of the greats from the past. Montana, Rice , Elway , Marino , Smith , Aikman , Irvin , Lott , You get my point. Also limit how many Greats can be active at one time, I'd say 2 on offense and 2 on defense. Also each person is only allowed to buy on of these packs per week, or even bi-weekly.

Just some thoughts.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.