MLB 10 News Post

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 BravesBoy @ 01/08/10 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Anybody pick up on how the first baseman receives the ball back from the pitcher after the put out at first base? With his bare hand. Looks pretty neat and ANOTHER added animation.
Yeah i saw that, verrry nice..also loved when granderson gave that look after his check swing like "man, why i swing at that!"

# 82 videobastard @ 01/08/10 05:12 PM
Everything looked great except for the choppy play at first base.

# 83 frentzenyang @ 01/08/10 05:13 PM
Oh...
Everything like 09 the show...except the Target Field..
A little bit disappointed..

# 84 nemesis04 @ 01/08/10 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
That play at first was under user control and they were pretty jerky with the movements.

# 85 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/10 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
What choppy play? You mean the user controlled hijinks?

# 86 42 @ 01/08/10 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Ya, it looked weird but it was the User's fault.

Fixed.

# 87 nemesis04 @ 01/08/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Ya, it looked weird but it was the CPU's fault.
That is not correct. It was the user, lol.

# 88 Rob_NYY @ 01/08/10 05:37 PM
Is Jeter's follow through new? I don't remember him having that in 09.

Everything in this video is great, besides the person playing.

# 89 JaSnake16 @ 01/08/10 05:42 PM
Watched it over again a few times. The umpire fiddling around clapping his hands together behind the pitcher as the pitcher is looking in is a nice touch.

More and more impressed by the check by Span with the momentum of holding the check and his weight going forward especially from where he holds the bat it seems pulling him forward out of the box.

Thumbs up on that one.

# 90 nemesis04 @ 01/08/10 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Is Jeter's follow through new? I don't remember him having that in 09.
That swing has his name all over it! I am not sure if the camera angle is picking up the swing more or the fact is just may be new.

# 91 nemesis04 @ 01/08/10 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
User's
That does not sound right at all!

# 92 K_GUN @ 01/08/10 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That swing has his name all over it! I am not sure if the camera angle is picking up the swing more or the fact is just may be new.
sadly, as a sox fan...i too am familiar with his swing.....usually men are on base and its in the 7th inning or something......

# 93 swaldo @ 01/08/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I would just like to see the batter not get into his stance so soon. I notice the pitcher takes his time, but the batter is already in his stance well before the pitcher is ready. I just want to see the batter standing in the box but not with the bat in a position to hit.
Good point, I'd love to see stuff like batters taking pitches, dilly-dallying around or call time pretending there is something in their eye with 2 outs, a National League game and after the pitcher ends his at bat. The purpose being that the pitcher won't be rushed and has a few extra moments to get ready for the next inning. All veteran players do this anyway.

# 94 Rod_Carew29 @ 01/08/10 08:31 PM
Quote:
Just some random thoughts:

The game has a fresher look graphics-wise. Kinda has an MLB 2K7 look to it. (which is a good thing)
agreed!

Quote:
I'm not sure Denard Span actually holds the bat for that long in front of him. There's no way he gets around on a Sabathia fastball holding the bat like that.
You're right...he doesn't...I won't say he can't get around a Sabathia fastball, that's not correct..but his stance is flawed...looks the same on first look, like last years. I THINK I chose an alternative stance after some Twins fans on this board stated his stance was wrong...I'll have to check

Quote:
I don't like how Morneau gets the ball at first then takes a couple steps and suddenly stops, then throws an awkward-looking toss to the pitcher. Nothing looks natural about it.
Excellent observation..the stop/stutter move...It wont bother me if it's in the finished product, but we did see it on the clip

Quote:
Wish they would have fixed the way the ball comes back to the pitcher from the catcher. I don't like how the pitcher just stands there with his glove out in front of him and the ball hits his glove without him even moving it. It may be minor nitpicking but it doesn't look natural.
yeah...but I won't make issue with it

The bat break in the beginning, I didn't see anything different than what I'm even seeing now in my 2nd year of my franchise. If I missed something, someone tell me what it was...

# 95 ShowTyme15 @ 01/08/10 09:33 PM
I must say the player models look better this year. I wasn't complaining about the models in the past but something sure does look different about them this year.

# 96 Woodweaver @ 01/08/10 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I must say the player models look better this year. I wasn't complaining about the models in the past but something sure does look different about them this year.

Here's a sugar pill too!

# 97 Pared @ 01/08/10 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondw23
What amazes me about The Show, is how the programmers read my mind?
I am MORE than happy with "09", but during my franchise remembering saying... "I wish the ball would rattle in the corners once in a while? "Too bad the splash counter didn't actually work?"

if there was something I liked about the 2K series, it was the camera view. This broadcast camera looks awsome! I'm looking to see the ball in flight and splitting OF's...

-GW-
Ha... just... HA.

# 98 Speedy @ 01/08/10 10:39 PM
Quote:
Well if they are reading minds they have been failing with reading my mind. I am still waiting for a ball to hit the pitcher in the head and then blood everywhere then the batter and catcher start fighting mortal combat style.
...or one of these moments?

Easily the best fight in MLB I've ever seen.

# 99 Foo4Everlong @ 01/08/10 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I can tell the players are wearing white wrist tape so that makes me ecstatic! I hope (as a roster fanatic) to see a lot more accesories and updated stances/motions.

Somehow, the devs continue to improve on an awesome game. Spectacular...
I was noticing this as well and was completely miffed as to what that was exactly. I thought it was the wrist opening to the batting glove that was white, but I guess not. I also noticed that Texiera also has that white band around the wrist as well. I didn't think it was wrist tape actually as Granderson and Texiera don't wear wrist tape, but maybe the devs or whoever does the rosters might have added the tape to the players in the edits. I did notice in one of the screenshots that Cano was wearing white or grey wrist tape during an away game, which is correct as he wears black tape for home games and grey for away. I guess only time will tell what that is exactly. Later

# 100 Foo4Everlong @ 01/08/10 11:24 PM
Quote:
The only thing that would put this over the top for me. If you can edit the colors of all the equipment. So that way each player has more individuality. That would be sweet. But I have feeling we wont be able to edit them. I'm thinking that maybe it would have something to do with it running smooth. If they had all those different colors on the players.
I agree. The best game for player edits by far was MLB 2K8. 2K7 was good, but 2K added a lot more to 2K8. It's too bad that game has completely fallen apart. I mean, after last years nightmare I really can't see that game recovering. Plus, at this point, I'm pretty much a MLB The Show fanboy from now on. But I wish The Show's player edit system was better. Still a lot missing and a lot u cannot do. Later.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.