Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 jeebs9 @ 01/13/10 01:45 PM
But guys I'm not saying it good thing or its just little thing to overlook while playing (seeing big men shoot 3's). It just like damn....the game is broken to everyone. broken is a word I would use if the game frooze everytime I played or if I was able to fade away to make every shot I took. That sounds like a game breaker. But because I don't play offline much. The 3 pointer thing doesn't look like that much of a big deal. But tonight I'll start my own franchise just to see what you guys are talking about.

# 182 jeebs9 @ 01/13/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
so let me get this straight, the second patch fixed myplayer,league, alley, kickout passes,defense, cherrypicking,putback abuse,shooting percentages, and people are not going to download it because there is a change a center may throw up a 3 once in a game if he is wide open, okay good luck with that.
It sounds so small. But I could see why some would be totally pissed off with Big Men shooting shots they have no business shooting.

# 183 Altimus @ 01/13/10 01:52 PM
I don't have the PS3 version so I can't comment but to me it sounds like a killer for me. I mean, people like Shaq shooting 20 footers means lost possessions. Especially in a scenario with lets say 20 seconds left and up by one and the AI takes a jumper with Shaq. It just would take the win away from me as I would feel it was a cheated win in a way to myself.

Now, if turning chemistry off can fix it, great. If it can't, than I'm not sure if I can play association mode. It's just disappointing that 2K can't put out a patch that only fixes things. Not one that fixes things and breaks new things.

# 184 Serra11 @ 01/13/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
But guys I'm not saying it good thing or its just little thing to overlook while playing (seeing big men shoot 3's). It just like damn....the game is broken to everyone. broken is a word I would use if the game frooze everytime I played or if I was able to fade away to make every shot I took. That sounds like a game breaker. But because I don't play offline much. The 3 pointer thing doesn't look like that much of a big deal. But tonight I'll start my own franchise just to see what you guys are talking about.
Jeebs have you played any Quick games???
The big men issue is in quick games to???

# 185 coolcras7 @ 01/13/10 01:53 PM
I get why people are annoyed as well, it not realistic but there are more serious issues with the the games logic without the second patch, a video game will never be able fully imitate a real game because of unpredictability factor when human are involved, I can deal with one minor flaw if the solution corrects 10 plus serious issues.

# 186 jeebs9 @ 01/13/10 01:55 PM
^I totally agree^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Jeebs have you played any Quick games???
The big men issue is in quick games to???

I actually played about 10-15 quick games now. Haven't seen anything these guys are talking about.

# 187 Altimus @ 01/13/10 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I actually played about 10-15 quick games now. Haven't seen anything these guys are talking about.
Are you playing with 2K's official roster?

Perhaps the issue only arrises if you play with heavily edited rosters.

# 188 kenzil @ 01/13/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I don't have the PS3 version so I can't comment but to me it sounds like a killer for me. I mean, people like Shaq shooting 20 footers means lost possessions. Especially in a scenario with lets say 20 seconds left and up by one and the AI takes a jumper with Shaq. It just would take the win away from me as I would feel it was a cheated win in a way to myself.

Now, if turning chemistry off can fix it, great. If it can't, than I'm not sure if I can play association mode. It's just disappointing that 2K can't put out a patch that only fixes things. Not one that fixes things and breaks new things.
thank you. I am going to try it without chemistry and see...but I liked playing with chemistry on too...added realism. Hopefully it works.

And...I never DL'ed any rosters except 2k's and I still have the problem.

# 189 coolcras7 @ 01/13/10 02:03 PM
Quote:

That is not what is happening Shaq is not just throwing up 3 pointers, so far it has happened to me twice with Ben Wallace, and both times he cleared out the lane and was left wide open, he missed both shoots, the CPU is taking bad shoot but they are not making them.

# 190 kenzil @ 01/13/10 02:12 PM
just tried with chemistry off. Dwight Howard shot at least 5 3 pointers in all 4 of the games he played (simmed)

I am disappointed now that I have DL'ed patch and do not know how I can reverse its effects for my already existing franchise.

# 191 jeebs9 @ 01/13/10 02:21 PM
Quote:

Yea I only play with 2k's rosters. No sliders changed. On Hall of Fame...

# 192 testorz @ 01/13/10 02:25 PM
Since the patch, I haven't been able to play online and the game freezes during my player mode and when I access team up mode I'm mysteriously dumped into an empty lobby !

Online just times out for some odd reasonwhen I try to play ranked games and if I got to the lobby, all invites just hang there with no way to delete them !

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I'd give this update a 1 !

P.S. Does anyone know how to find the PS3 webkey in NBA 2K10 ! if so please explain !

# 193 BroMontana82 @ 01/13/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
No, no... not once, maybe twice... Yea, it's pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
so let me get this straight, the second patch fixed myplayer,league, alley, kickout passes,defense, cherrypicking,putback abuse,shooting percentages, and people are not going to download it because there is a change a center may throw up a 3 once in a game if he is wide open, okay good luck with that.
this doesn't even come close the the problem people are describing. and also, the trade off is pretty big b/c there are other issues this patch addresses. also, ok maybe a few a year when simming but this happens when you PLAY THE GAME and i agree with altimus about possessions etc. this completely alters things and makes the game pretty unrealistic. yeah this is not perfect and a lot of people can possibly accept a tradeoff if there can be a proven fix that eliminates this problem but so far there isnt. you gotta at least understand where people are coming from and you probably do since you've been waiting this long for a decent online experience.

Quote:

it's with both for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
just tried with chemistry off. Dwight Howard shot at least 5 3 pointers in all 4 of the games he played (simmed)

I am disappointed now that I have DL'ed patch and do not know how I can reverse its effects for my already existing franchise.
kenzil, did you try starting a new association with chemistry off or was this an existing one?

# 194 BroMontana82 @ 01/13/10 02:46 PM
i started a separate thread to solely discuss this issue and avoid clutter etc. hopefully the mods are ok with this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

# 195 alsolidus @ 01/13/10 02:47 PM
Somebody call David Stern cause the NBA is broken and needs to be packed

# 196 carnalnirvana @ 01/13/10 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolidus

i hope you have a clip for oden,ben wallace and Dhoward

# 197 alsolidus @ 01/13/10 02:59 PM
All Piston fans should remember this designed play for Ben Wallace

# 198 kenzil @ 01/13/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolidus

Do you watch the NBA? How often does this happen? What you are not understanding is that it happens EVERY game at least 5 times. The last four games in my association, Dwight Howard has taken at least 5 3pts in EACH game. How do you not see this as a problem? That video is from the 90's. Now, if you post a video with Shaq taking several three pointers in a game over the course of a season then I would say this is not a big deal. But since I am an avid NBA fan, I know you will not find any footage...for any center for that matter.

I think most of you online players would be annoyed if the person you were playing started hoisting 3pters with their centers. Yea, you would think "they are stupid for doing it" but you would be annoyed and not want to finish playing. If not look me up on PSN and I will gladly play as the magic and have D Howard shooting threes.

back on topic, I hope this get fixed. thanks to the person making a separate thread for this...I will be over there searching for a solution.

# 199 coolcras7 @ 01/13/10 03:09 PM
You guys also have to factor that your siming games, you can sim a season and the Knicks are the best team in the east, you have no idea what the situation are when these shots are being taken, shot clock expiring, full court loops you don't know, like I said before it happened to me in game twice with Ben Wallace both cases he was wide open, has not happened in a game since.

# 200 alsolidus @ 01/13/10 03:10 PM
I watch all Basketball us professional bookies and betters have to watch the sport, How often do you watch NBA basketball? If you spent more time watching the real thing then Simming videogame basketball you would understand that this isn't the sky falling like some of you are trying to make it.

Maybe if you started playing the game and not Simming numbers you would have more enjoyment.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.