Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 ronyell @ 01/13/10 04:46 PM
in the interest of finding out OTHER information than jst the 3 point shooting fiasco:

if you have control of all 30 teams but have the transactions set to automated; do the other teams nowactually trade & sign players on thier own?

can you now sign players like Boykins during the association & can players now be released and then signed again in association mode (example: the Allen Iverson)

# 222 Comduklakis @ 01/13/10 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
in the interest of finding out OTHER information than jst the 3 point shooting fiasco:

if you have control of all 30 teams but have the transactions set to automated; do the other teams nowactually trade & sign players on thier own?

can you now sign players like Boykins during the association & can players now be released and then signed again in association mode (example: the Allen Iverson)

After about a week in my association, there has been no trades or signings. I even put some guys on the block to see if that made a difference. I have all teams except the Pistons set to allowing the CPU assistants to trade. I'll keep you posted.

# 223 Goffs @ 01/13/10 05:47 PM
personally i cant wait for the patch to be released on the 360 and PC...i only play quick games anyway so the three point thing doesnt affect me at all...

theres just way too many game for me to play to play Association or My Player...Steam holiday sale did a number on me...i went from 30 games to 100

# 224 and1product @ 01/13/10 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
personally i cant wait for the patch to be released on the 360 and PC...i only play quick games anyway so the three point thing doesnt affect me at all...

theres just way too many game for me to play to play Association or My Player...Steam holiday sale did a number on me...i went from 30 games to 100
LOL. This is funny. Not only has steam got me, I also plan on gaming with a few other titles too. But I'm not gonna lie, nba2k owns my playing time and I hope the 3 pt thing does not affect season mode. I don't do association but I hope I can just play season mode with out all the fiasco.

# 225 kenzil @ 01/13/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolidus
I watch all Basketball us professional bookies and betters have to watch the sport, How often do you watch NBA basketball? If you spent more time watching the real thing then Simming videogame basketball you would understand that this isn't the sky falling like some of you are trying to make it.

Maybe if you started playing the game and not Simming numbers you would have more enjoyment.
again, it happened when playing and when simming...As a former scout, coach and someone that watches and attends basketball games on every level, it has been my experience that centers do not usually shoot threes...video game, college, high school, NBA...If you were coaching the Sixers and Dalembert shot 8 3pters you would be o.k. with that?

I know its just a game but it hasnt done it before the patch which is what makes it the most frustrating.

# 226 kenzil @ 01/13/10 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie

It affects quick games too. It is not just an association bug. It affects games played (computer AI center shooting threes) and simmed games.

# 227 Goffs @ 01/13/10 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
It affects quick games too. It is not just an association bug. It affects games played (computer AI center shooting threes) and simmed games.
really? aww dammit...i was under the impression that it only affected association and my player

# 228 BroMontana82 @ 01/13/10 06:27 PM
has anyone tried turning off team chemistry and playing a game? rspencer86 noticed that turning team chemistry off fixes the problem for sim stats. what about when you play?

# 229 dab0yech0 @ 01/13/10 06:27 PM
THANK YOU FOR THIS PATCH!!!!

I am playing online and guys try to cherrypick but this time their full court passes go straight out of bounds! I love this patch. The cheesers cant just put fastbreak at 100 and expect to throw full court bombs for layups and dunks anymore. Online play is alot smoother. Thank you 2k.

# 230 Goffs @ 01/13/10 06:47 PM
im getting mixed reports here..i think im just going to wait for the 360 patch...

# 231 Rocboyz101 @ 01/13/10 06:51 PM
I didn't notice it at first, but then I saw Carlos boozer take a 3, and jason thompson took about 5(in a game I was playing). It can possibly be a game killer if it starts happening at crucial points in the game.
Its not every game that they shoot 3s, but they def will be taking deeper jumpshots(varejao took a couple jumpers right inside the 3pt line). For the most part, it only happens at max twice a game(the 3s by big men I mean), but it really ruins the experience at times.

# 232 timmg @ 01/13/10 06:58 PM
I've played 2 games and havent noticed the big men shooting 3's, im using the 10-22 2k rosters. I have seen the big men shoot more mid-range jumpers.

# 233 Checmate101 @ 01/13/10 07:11 PM
How do you control all 30 teams in season/association?

# 234 rspencer86 @ 01/13/10 07:14 PM
For the people seeing the CPU big men take 3-pointers in actual games, what mode are you playing? Quick games? Association? My Player?

# 235 GaryT531 @ 01/13/10 07:23 PM
These mixed reports are driving me crazy. The only option for us 360 users is to wait for some people to download it, and provide feedback. Half of the people are saying they're seeing bigs put up 3's, and the other half aren't seeing it. I don't understand how that is, but ok.

# 236 rspencer86 @ 01/13/10 07:57 PM
Re-posted from the Sim Stats Fix dedicated thread, but I thought they guys who aren't following that thread might want to take a look at these screen shots:

Quote:
Here are some screen shots. The follow three pics are with Player Roles ON. Stats through November 30:

Shaq got traded to the Bucks in the first month of the season:

The next three pics are from another new Association with Player Roles OFF, again through Nov. 30:

Shaq, again traded to the Bucks:

The difference is obvious.

# 237 rspencer86 @ 01/13/10 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
The obvious difference in that 'player roles' is the culprit?
Yes, just look at KG's stats: 41 3PAs in 17 games with Player Roles ON vs. 2 3PA in 17 games with Player Roles OFF.

# 238 Brock @ 01/13/10 08:43 PM
Thank you for this find now I can continue my association

# 239 bailey4mvp @ 01/13/10 08:51 PM
Turning off Player roles and leaving on Team Chmeistry works, i have done that and not 1 single 3 buy a bog that can't hit them normally.

# 240 kenzil @ 01/13/10 09:05 PM
can you do this in existing association? if so, how?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.