Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 501 donkey33 @ 01/31/10 04:32 AM
But still, I want to play an association with player roles on and I want to play My Player and not have the big man glitch (according to most anyway). I think I won't update as I play offline only so connecting to Live is no issue for me.

Monk, are you saying you have no issues with the big man glitch? Don't you have a Jazz association or was it just a season?

# 502 BroMontana82 @ 01/31/10 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ2021
Does anyone think that difficulty levels have anything to do with Big men shooting 3pters when playing the game? I play all of my games on the HOF level and the game is perfect gameplay wise with no big men shooting threes nor are they even waiting at the three point line (unless they are Rasheed Wallace or Okur).

My only problem is with the sim stats but my question is does anyone know if the Big Man Stat Glitch has a significant impact on a teams win-loss record? I ran like 10 tests and found out that with player roles and team chemistry off, you still get random standings results.

Oh and as far as the trading goes if you turn off player roles and team chemistry you get a crazy amount of trades vs. having player roles on. I got 48 CPU trades before the All-Star break with them off and I got 12 in the month of February alone. With the player roles on I got 10 total trades with one taking place in Feb.

I will deal with the 3pt Big Men stat glitch as long as it doesn't effect the standings so if anyone has a clear answer on that then it would be appreciated.
nope, i've tried all the difficulties and it's still there. also remember if you turn off player roles, be prepared for an insane amount of CPU trades and really high team chemistry. there will be around 15 a month...from bench to star players and people going from one team back to another. i mean, i could deal with turning this off to fix the 3 pt thing, but this added another wrinkle. this is a reason i'm close to that negative stigma spank mentioned above. you basically have to turn off all the key elements of association.

# 503 Sweed @ 01/31/10 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Patch 2 definitely sucks for those that have long-running Associations, but overall I think it doesn't deserve the negative stigma being attached to it because it does improve the gameplay. Unfortunately overreaction is the way of the forums nowadays
But it's not an overreaction when someone has spent hundreds of hours playing their association only to have 2k break the game. The workaround doesn't work unless you throw away those hundreds of hours of play and start over. Then you have to turn off a feature of the game or you still get the bug.

On top of that you have the pleasure of turning down the patch every time you fire up the game and as an added bonus to that you can no longer use 2k share. Of course you do have the option of disconnecting your console from the internet so I guess that's really not a problem.

People are not complaining about something like Lamar Odom can't wear a team colored headband. They are complaining about 2k breaking the gameplay you say they have improved. I usually stick up for testers and am very understanding that some bugs are always going to be present in any game. In this case though I can't see how anyone testing the game could miss someone like Shaq jacking up threes, maybe I'm missing something here?

In the end I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

# 504 questlove76 @ 01/31/10 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
It happens in franchise, not the other modes. I haven't had time to play any franchise games since.
Can't be true. I only played My Player so far (only owned this game about a month) and the second I got the patch I have big men taking at least a half dozen to a dozen 3s everytime they kick out. Without fail. So it isn't limited to franchise and association. Makes the game less fun because you can't follow logical actions you would take under certain situations because it's an automatic turnover now. (except Bynum banked in a 3 once).

# 505 spankdatazz22 @ 01/31/10 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
But it's not an overreaction when someone has spent hundreds of hours playing their association only to have 2k break the game. The workaround doesn't work unless you throw away those hundreds of hours of play and start over. Then you have to turn off a feature of the game or you still get the bug.
Yep, we will have to agree to disagree. As I said, the patch 2 issues suck for guys like JBH who have long running Associations or long running My Player modes since the issue affects both from what I've read. I've always enjoyed people's detailed accounts of how their franchise or created player experiences are progressing. For those people I would think it is frustrating to see a big man take a 3pt shot he shouldn't be taking. But have some perspective. I'd think it does take away from some of the experience/immersiveness of playing those modes. But I have a hard time labeling them as completely broken, pretty much disregarding everything else the game does well. Or very well. It's not like 2K purposely set out to screw something up that already worked decently. Or that the issue stands out in such a way that it would've been easy to detect.

For the people willing to start fresh in Association/My Player, imo both modes overall are done well enough to where I don't see turning off player roles and team chemistry as completely ruining the experience. And now the patch gets blamed for pretty much everything, as if the game is supposed to be perfect. I think someone last week heard an announcer call a player's name wrong and thought that was a bug. Just saying there needs to be perspective. I'm not saying the patch is all good because obviously it's not. But it's not all bad either. I was trying to point out that it actually did up the ante in terms of enjoyment for certain things. But I've seen many people crying that they weren't getting the patch fast enough, then crying that the game is now ruined because of it's issues. Just saying there needs to be some perspective to what the game is as a whole, what these game modes are as a whole instead of trying to say they're now worthless because of whatever issue.

Yes, it would suck to have to start a new Association or My Player if a person has already sunk a lot of time into theirs

# 506 BobbyColtrane @ 01/31/10 01:14 PM
I cant stress enough how important it is to use rosters & sliders w/minimal changes w/the 2nd patch. I was having a terrible experience until i reset the rosters on a whim. I was using a roster made by one of the more popular roster
makers on this site.

Since i started over w/pared's sliders and a 2k roster with a few ratings/appearance changes, the gameplay w this latest patch has been stellar.

# 507 Kully @ 01/31/10 01:51 PM
Spank, I see your reasoning, I'm not here to disagree. But that specific issue can't be fixed in My Player since you cannot turn off player roles in that mode. Restarting that mode won't fix anything.

Just wanted to pass that along.

# 508 BroMontana82 @ 01/31/10 02:33 PM
Quote:
For the people willing to start fresh in Association/My Player, imo both modes overall are done well enough to where I don't see turning off player roles and team chemistry as completely ruining the experience.

Yes, it would suck to have to start a new Association or My Player if a person has already sunk a lot of time into theirs
i had no problem starting over fresh and turning these things off but like i said above, turning these things off created new unforeseen issues in the association mode after finding out "workarounds" that are pretty frustrating. i just wish there was some way to pick specific patches or have them as DLC or something like that so everyone could pick their own poison and be more happy.

# 509 MikeJ2021 @ 01/31/10 03:57 PM
Seems like with this game I'm constantly find myself having to debate whether I want good gameplay or good/realistic stats. If I want good gameplay and a good association experience with this 2nd patch then I shouldn't worry about the 3pt Big Man Stat glitch.

However if I wanted realistic stats I need to turn player roles and team chemistry off. The day 2K cares about gameplay and stats equally will be the day they make the perfect NBA 2K game....

# 510 Chi Town Boss @ 01/31/10 05:27 PM
I seriously cant understand how anyone thinks the CPU plays better after the 2nd patch, I cant be the only one to notice that they continously pass the ball to whoever is moving toward the basket, now they rarely will score off the forced passes if a defender is around the reciever of the pass cause the CPU will not go up with it, so im cool with that, but in real life those passes would never be attempted, players would normally pull up or pass the ball to a spot up shooter, not a person cutting to the basket around 3 defenders.

Dont mean to exaggerate, but this is almost at the level of a game killer for me cause the 1st patch had the CPU playing realistic on Pro and Hall Of Fame (All Star and Superstar had the forced passes after the 1st patch), now no matter what the difficulty the CPU never makes the right decision when the defense rotates to take away their lane, you will NEVER see a pass being thrown to a cutter running right towards the defense in real life, the cutter has to have a lane for the ballhandler to even consider passing him the rock. No disrespect, but I think a lot of you guys are lying about less online cheezing post patch 2 and lying about the CPU playing better post patch 2, can somebody please show me footage of the CPU not forcing passes to the paint, all I have to see is 5 posessions cause when I play the game there is a forced dumb pass on every single posession, help me out fellas.

# 511 Brandwin @ 01/31/10 06:34 PM
I deleted any my 2K10 saves and was going to start from fresh, when I play I don't get an update to download a patch. The 2K servers are down and maybe that's the reason I wasn't prompted to download the patch?

# 512 spankdatazz22 @ 01/31/10 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
Spank, I see your reasoning, I'm not here to disagree. But that specific issue can't be fixed in My Player since you cannot turn off player roles in that mode. Restarting that mode won't fix anything.

Just wanted to pass that along.
np, I respect guys like you and sambf12's views as to the merits of the patch. But then you have those that were complaining incessantly even after patch 1 and will casually throw around the broken/gamekiller labels. I'm looking at the game as a whole, not limiting it to one aspect of the game. To me the game is a lot more than just the My Player mode, or more than just the Association mode. Just as I'd say it's one thing for the simulated stats for top scorers/rebounders/assists/blocks etc. to be within reason but equate the big men 3pt attempts issue to them all, I just don't get. Again, I haven't seen the issue personally so I'm not speaking from a position of frustration. I just don't get the whole throw the baby out w/the bath water, this one thing sucks so it all sucks sort of mentality.

# 513 BobbyColtrane @ 01/31/10 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I deleted any my 2K10 saves and was going to start from fresh, when I play I don't get an update to download a patch. The 2K servers are down and maybe that's the reason I wasn't prompted to download the patch?
Did u clear your cache? You have to do that to erase any patches.

# 514 Brandwin @ 01/31/10 09:35 PM
Okay. I want the patches. So I should still have them still even though I deleted everything else 2K10?

# 515 BroMontana82 @ 01/31/10 11:21 PM
Quote:
np, I respect guys like you and sambf12's views as to the merits of the patch. But then you have those that were complaining incessantly even after patch 1 and will casually throw around the broken/gamekiller labels. I'm looking at the game as a whole, not limiting it to one aspect of the game. To me the game is a lot more than just the My Player mode, or more than just the Association mode. Just as I'd say it's one thing for the simulated stats for top scorers/rebounders/assists/blocks etc. to be within reason but equate the big men 3pt attempts issue to them all, I just don't get. Again, I haven't seen the issue personally so I'm not speaking from a position of frustration. I just don't get the whole throw the baby out w/the bath water, this one thing sucks so it all sucks sort of mentality.
yeah i hear you on that. i've come to expect problems when games are on a 1 year dev. cycle and when patches are the norm. i've just gone with my own workarounds and those found by people on here like only allowing CPU trading for a few weeks to get some variety and trade block going. i just turn it off after players have moved around.

# 516 donkey33 @ 02/01/10 06:28 AM
Just out of curiosity, is there a way to transfer a patch from one hard drive to another via a memory card?

My 20GB hard drive had 2k10 on it with only patch one. Since I upgrade to an elite, I obviously don't have it anymore. I will test the latest patch first but in case it doesn't suit me, wonder if I can bring the patch to the elite hard drive which would take me back to patch one.

# 517 Pared @ 02/01/10 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questlove76
Can't be true. I only played My Player so far (only owned this game about a month) and the second I got the patch I have big men taking at least a half dozen to a dozen 3s everytime they kick out. Without fail. So it isn't limited to franchise and association. Makes the game less fun because you can't follow logical actions you would take under certain situations because it's an automatic turnover now. (except Bynum banked in a 3 once).
You're 100% right as well. Meant to say those two modes. Most of the "regular" 5 on 5 bball game modes don't see it.

# 518 jeebs9 @ 02/01/10 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
yeah i hear you on that. i've come to expect problems when games are on a 1 year dev. cycle and when patches are the norm. i've just gone with my own workarounds and those found by people on here like only allowing CPU trading for a few weeks to get some variety and trade block going. i just turn it off after players have moved around.
OFT

# 519 Altimus @ 02/01/10 04:18 PM
Those that started a new association mode, did you stick it out with roles/chemistry on, just chemistry on or both off.

I'd love both but roles have to go. Thing is I'd at least like chemistry but with roles off and chemistry on all players get better by 1-3 points and there are no declines except injury.

If I keep both off do players still progress in the off-season?

# 520 rspencer86 @ 02/01/10 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Those that started a new association mode, did you stick it out with roles/chemistry on, just chemistry on or both off.

I'd love both but roles have to go. Thing is I'd at least like chemistry but with roles off and chemistry on all players get better by 1-3 points and there are no declines except injury.

If I keep both off do players still progress in the off-season?
I was actually just testing this out last night because I am dying to get my Bulls association going.

I simmed a season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry ON and another season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry OFF.

Basically I saw what you had mentioned—with Chemistry ON everyone gets better 1-3 points with no declines. With Chemistry OFF, there were no constant increases and it seemed only guys with good potentials saw attribute increases in the offseason.

Some other things I noticed:

• Rookies got a lot more realistic playing time and production with chemistry OFF. With chemistry ON, John Wall was only averaging 13 or so minutes a game but was playing the most MPG of any rookie. With chemistry OFF Wall was averaging a little over 30 MPG and was averaging 15+ PPG and a few other rookies were getting significant playing time.

• There seemed to be a little more parity with Chemistry ON more than OFF. With Chemistry ON the best team in the league ended up being the Cavs with 63 wins. With it OFF the best team was the Jazz with 56. I'm not drawing any conclusions on this point though because I'd have to sim several seasons to really see if Chemistry had any affect on league parity or not.

So, it looks like I'll be going with Roles OFF and Chemistry OFF. Also turning CPU trades OFF because I saw the perfect amount of player movement in the FA period.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.