Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 521 Altimus @ 02/01/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I was actually just testing this out last night because I am dying to get my Bulls association going.

I simmed a season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry ON and another season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry OFF.

Basically I saw what you had mentioned—with Chemistry ON everyone gets better 1-3 points with no declines. With Chemistry OFF, there were no constant increases and it seemed only guys with good potentials saw attribute increases in the offseason.

Some other things I noticed:

• Rookies got a lot more realistic playing time and production with chemistry OFF. With chemistry ON, John Wall was only averaging 13 or so minutes a game but was playing the most MPG of any rookie. With chemistry OFF Wall was averaging a little over 30 MPG and was averaging 15+ PPG and a few other rookies were getting significant playing time.

• There seemed to be a little more parity with Chemistry ON more than OFF. With Chemistry ON the best team in the league ended up being the Cavs with 63 wins. With it OFF the best team was the Jazz with 56. I'm not drawing any conclusions on this point though because I'd have to sim several seasons to really see if Chemistry had any affect on league parity or not.

So, it looks like I'll be going with Roles OFF and Chemistry OFF. Also turning CPU trades OFF because I saw the perfect amount of player movement in the FA period.
Thanks for the info.

At this point it seems both off is the best bet. I simmed a little yesterday and noticed because of the chemistry jump that almost all teams were rated above 80 now.

# 522 BroMontana82 @ 02/01/10 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Thanks for the info.

At this point it seems both off is the best bet. I simmed a little yesterday and noticed because of the chemistry jump that almost all teams were rated above 80 now.
correct. 100% agreed with rspencer. with CPU trades on, you will see an insane number of trades every month. if you want some variety or movement, turn it on for a little bit like a few weeks maybe then turn it off.

# 523 rspencer86 @ 02/01/10 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
correct. 100% agreed with rspencer. with CPU trades on, you will see an insane number of trades every month. if you want some variety or movement, turn it on for a little bit like a few weeks maybe then turn it off.
I was really pleased with how FA turned out in my sim. A couple of big name players stayed with their teams, a couple went elsewhere. The biggest was that LeBron signed with the Clippers, which I found to be awesome (Kobe vs. Lebron... who owns L.A.?).

# 524 tucker31 @ 02/01/10 06:55 PM
soo is there any way to fix this I just want to get rid of the stupid patch..

# 525 BobbyColtrane @ 02/01/10 08:16 PM
I would like to leave chemistry on, esp if it helps teams get to 60+ wins. But im concerned about the rookie minutes thing. Can this be fixed in a 30 team association by adjusting the minutes in the rotation screen, or is it hardcoded in the simulation?

# 526 Kully @ 02/01/10 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
I would like to leave chemistry on, esp if it helps teams get to 60+ wins. But im concerned about the rookie minutes thing. Can this be fixed in a 30 team association by adjusting the minutes in the rotation screen, or is it hardcoded in the simulation?
For me it's fixed by controlling all 30. You can just manually set the minutes for rookies, and it is reflected in the sim stats.

# 527 BobbyColtrane @ 02/01/10 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
For me it's fixed by controlling all 30. You can just manually set the minutes for rookies, and it is reflected in the sim stats.
Kully thank u for responding, that is very helpful to me.

# 528 BobbyColtrane @ 02/01/10 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
Kully thank u for responding, that is very helpful to me.

# 529 Chief @ 02/02/10 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I was actually just testing this out last night because I am dying to get my Bulls association going.

I simmed a season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry ON and another season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry OFF.

Basically I saw what you had mentioned—with Chemistry ON everyone gets better 1-3 points with no declines. With Chemistry OFF, there were no constant increases and it seemed only guys with good potentials saw attribute increases in the offseason.

Some other things I noticed:

• Rookies got a lot more realistic playing time and production with chemistry OFF. With chemistry ON, John Wall was only averaging 13 or so minutes a game but was playing the most MPG of any rookie. With chemistry OFF Wall was averaging a little over 30 MPG and was averaging 15+ PPG and a few other rookies were getting significant playing time.

• There seemed to be a little more parity with Chemistry ON more than OFF. With Chemistry ON the best team in the league ended up being the Cavs with 63 wins. With it OFF the best team was the Jazz with 56. I'm not drawing any conclusions on this point though because I'd have to sim several seasons to really see if Chemistry had any affect on league parity or not.

So, it looks like I'll be going with Roles OFF and Chemistry OFF. Also turning CPU trades OFF because I saw the perfect amount of player movement in the FA period.
Do guys get progressively worse with age?

# 530 rspencer86 @ 02/02/10 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
Do guys get progressively worse with age?
It's not something I looked into a whole lot. My main concern when I did the sims with Team Chemistry ON and OFF was looking at what kind of stats and playing time the rookies were getting in the second year.

I would guess progression works as usual with Team Chemistry off. Young guys with good potentials will get better and old guys at the tail end of their careers will decline. What was throwing this off with Team Chemistry ON was every single player would improve by 2-3 points because every team's chemistry was maxed out.

# 531 Aceballer1737 @ 02/02/10 01:04 PM
The big men take more 3's in the game as well, not just while simulating. I played the Cavs and Shaq took three wide open 3s and actually made one. Very disappointing. I also had a glitch where the player models did not load for a game, and I was playing with just the circles on the court and seeing the ball bounce. It was funny seeing just the court on a zoomed in camera angle of the missing player, especially during free throws.

# 532 J-Clutch1 @ 02/02/10 04:48 PM
I'm still debating on whether or not I should get NBA 2K10.. and with Mike Wang back, I'm tempted to wait until NBA 2K11 because of what he could bring to the table. I want a basketball game that will last me a while, but I'm not sure if it's best to get that game now(2k10) or later(2k11).

# 533 kwabalicious @ 02/02/10 06:14 PM
@ Vinsanity

If you love a realistic association, I suggest you wait, unless you can deal with the association glitches being discussed throughout this thread.

If you like to play quick games, my player, or other modes, or even play with your friend, I suggest that you get this game, and stats turn out very realistic with a few days of tweaking sliders to your ability.

# 534 J-Clutch1 @ 02/02/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
@ Vinsanity

If you love a realistic association, I suggest you wait, unless you can deal with the association glitches being discussed throughout this thread.

If you like to play quick games, my player, or other modes, or even play with your friend, I suggest that you get this game, and stats turn out very realistic with a few days of tweaking sliders to your ability.
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually an Association guy, but also like My Player mode, but I hear that mode also has quite a few glitches. I think I will wait. Thanks again.

# 535 NZ Buccaneer @ 02/02/10 09:35 PM
I've been playing my player - and am getting "quite" frustrated by it lately. I'm an athletic Center - with out much speed/perimeter D or shooting skills (rebounding and post D I can do) and have been drafted by the Blazers who then traded Andre Miller for Marcus Camby.

The sub logic is terrible - I have seen lineups like this:

PG - Travis Outlaw
SG - Marcus Camby
SF - Me
PF - Greg Oden
C - Joel Pryzbilla

?????WTF????

Is there any news on a third patch to correct this - because of these screwy lineups I'm seeing non-shooters taking 3s - not really seeing them when a C is playing in the 4 or 5 spot only though, but can't be sure

# 536 jeebs9 @ 02/03/10 09:45 AM
Yea I few really really bad for the guy who face the CPU. But man oh man.....I literally loving this game. Some of the block animation are beautiful! The game play is perfect in my opinion. I might be playing 2k10 for while. And just update the rosters. User vs User I'm loving it.

# 537 WTF @ 02/03/10 11:09 AM
I haven't gotten either of the patches... worth it to update now? I haven't played either NBA game for a month or two...

If I do update, it'll go to patch 2, so do I go back to default sliders or what is the general consensus?

# 538 Pared @ 02/03/10 11:16 AM
You obviously can't pick and choose the patches.

Your best bet would be to update. The fixes in the defense alone make it worthwhile. Just be prepared for the workarounds you need to do in a franchise.

# 539 WTF @ 02/03/10 11:22 AM
Good deal. My Player fixed, or are there any changes I need to make to existing MyPlayer?

# 540 Pared @ 02/03/10 11:25 AM
Well, be wary with MyPlayer. I believe an existing MyPlayer can't avoid the bigs shooting from beyond the arc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.