Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted some Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshots.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/13/10 06:47 PM
well I came away unimpressed, the screens look like the sane old MLB2k, why in the world are all the players legs HUGE?

# 22 SoxFan01605 @ 01/13/10 07:19 PM
Eh...looks about the same mix of good and bad. On a positive note this picture is one thing I do like about 2K's presentational style...

It makes for a pretty realistic shot IMO.

# 23 Artman22 @ 01/13/10 08:45 PM
Personally I think the screens look nice, and they're better then 2k9. I'm not surprise to hear certain posters complain like they are. I'm not even going to go there. For someone to say it looks the same as 2k9 just shows their agenda.

# 24 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/13/10 08:49 PM
Or the fact that the preview said the game got worse graphically compared to 2K9 to make up for the frame-rate.

So what does that say about these shots again? Same thing 2K has been doing for years? I think so. Considering the screenshots look better than 2K9, but hands on says otherwise.

# 25 jeffy777 @ 01/13/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Or the fact that the preview said the game got worse graphically compared to 2K9 to make up for the frame-rate.
Yeah, but I have to wonder how much the guy who wrote the article even played 2K9, if he ever did at all. The framerate really wasn't much of a problem with 2K9. I'd say the AI batting was it's main flaw, which he didn't even mention.

# 26 Blzer @ 01/13/10 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
So far from screenshots, I only see good out of them. Grass is more detailed, stadium fences have logos, the majority of the fans are wearing team-colored shirts, the self-shadowing is a bit fuller this time, and I don't know if animations or framerate count as graphics, but if they are improved, I can't see how they are much worse. But everything else meshed with it (camera angles, visual displays and aids, etc.) help dictate how the graphics are presented to us. It's like a burger at a restaurant with the same exact ingredients as another burger, but you eat it upside-down (there's a reason they put condiments in the order they do, you know ).

We'll have to see gameplay videos for confirmation, or play the demo if/when it comes out.

# 27 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/13/10 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
So far from screenshots, I only see good out of them. Grass is more detailed, stadium fences have logos, the majority of the fans are wearing team-colored shirts, the self-shadowing is a bit fuller this time, and I don't know if animations or framerate count as graphics, but if they are improved, I can't see how they are much worse. But everything else meshed with it (camera angles, visual displays and aids, etc.) help dictate how the graphics are presented to us. It's like a burger at a restaurant with the same exact ingredients as another burger, but you eat it upside-down (there's a reason they put condiments in the order they do, you know ).

We'll have to see gameplay videos for confirmation, or play the demo if/when it comes out.

I see, this is all making sense now.

# 28 tj1182 @ 01/13/10 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Yeah, but I have to wonder how much the guy who wrote the article even played 2K9, if he ever did at all. The framerate really wasn't much of a problem with 2K9. I'd say the AI batting was it's main flaw, which he didn't even mention.
Yeah I know, the frame rate wasn't an issue in 2K9, maybe a few times on foul balls, but nothing game breaking like 2K8. He also said Hurry up Baseball was a new feature, which was obviously in last years game. That guy didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

# 29 SoxFan01605 @ 01/13/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Personally I think the screens look nice, and they're better then 2k9. I'm not surprise to hear certain posters complain like they are. I'm not even going to go there. For someone to say it looks the same as 2k9 just shows their agenda.
lol...why does this need to even start. Unlike some here, I admittedly don't fancy myself a graphics professional...so I may very well be missing some subtleties.()

I looked back at some early 2K9 pictures, and they looked fine. That's what's funny to me about your comment. I didn't think (aside from those horrible textures on gloves, etc that I already mentioned) 2K9 looked bad at all. So to act as though saying they look roughly the same is a slight or "agenda" is a pretty unfair generalization. If anything, it would be relatively good news, considering that one hands-on said the graphics took a hit.

If you care to point out what you find particularly better, I'd love to read it. (seriously...not being snarky here) Regardless of what either of us see or don't, it's only a handful of early pictures...I don't see why lines need to be drawn.

EDIT: and here's a picture of 2K9 (actually from a game):

Looking at this I think some of the so-called upgrades that have been listed by posters are mere over-analyzing. The detail of the colors looked a bit sharper in a couple of the 2K10 pics, that much I do see.

# 30 jeffy777 @ 01/13/10 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

EDIT: and here's a picture of 2K9 (actually from a game):

Looking at this I think some of the so-called upgrades that have been listed by posters are mere over-analyzing. The detail of the colors looked a bit sharper in a couple of the 2K10 pics, that much I do see.
Where is that image from? It looks compressed and pixelated. I'm not trying to defend 2K, but to be honest, the actual game looks quite a bit better than that.

EDIT: here's a more accurate screenshot:

# 31 Jamin23 @ 01/13/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Where is that image from? It looks compressed and pixelated. I'm not trying to defend 2K, but to be honest, the actual game looks quite a bit better than that.
That's a lower quality shot of the game from an ESPN article.

# 32 jeffy777 @ 01/13/10 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
That's a lower quality shot of the game from an ESPN article.
I remember that article, now that you mention it. The screens they took were downright horrid and didn't look like the actual game.

# 33 SoxFan01605 @ 01/13/10 09:47 PM
Quote:

EDIT: here's a more accurate screenshot:

lol...that's fine. I just grabbed an early pic from the game. The point was missed, I think. I was actually saying the pic wasn't bad. Your picture is better, but I still don't see an obvious upgrade with these 2K10 pics. That was the only point of posting that pic. All these comments about grass textures, etc being fuller, more detailed, etc...I don't see it.

Again, that's not trashing the game...as I thought aside from the equipment textures and faces, the graphics were solid in 2K9. My other point was, 5 pictures isn't enough to determine the graphical state of 2K10 either way. I'll leave it alone as some people tend to be far too defensive (not you Jeffy) about this stuff. That is all!

# 34 jeffy777 @ 01/13/10 09:57 PM
Quote:
lol...that's fine. I just grabbed an early pic from the game. The point was missed, I think. I was actually saying the pic wasn't bad. Your picture is better, but I still don't see an obvious upgrade with these 2K10 pics. That was the only point of posting that pic. All these comments about grass textures, etc being fuller, more detailed, etc...I don't see it.

Again, that's not trashing the game...as I thought aside from the equipment textures and faces, the graphics were solid in 2K9. My other point was, 5 pictures isn't enough to determine the graphical state of 2K10 either way. I'll leave it alone as some people tend to be far too defensive (not you Jeffy) about this stuff. That is all!
It's all good man. I just thought the screen you picked was a really bad example, but I hear ya. I acutally agree with you. The 2K10 screens don't look a whole lot different to me either.

# 35 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/13/10 09:57 PM
For early screens, 2k10 shots seem tighter graphically. I'm liking the way the player models look also

2k9

2k10

2k9

2k10

2k9

2k10

# 36 tadoreo @ 01/13/10 10:05 PM
Looks horrible also looks like I wont even give 2K a chance this year. If it stays looking like this, I wont even spend the $7 to rent it.

# 37 jeffy777 @ 01/13/10 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I honestly can't really tell the difference, if their is one it is minute. I just hope it plays well this year.
Yep, gameplay is all I really care about at this point. Graphics look alright, now I want to know more about how it plays, from someone other than this IGN guy who seems a bit clueless.

# 38 ShowTyme15 @ 01/13/10 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I honestly can't really tell the difference, if their is one it is minute. I just hope it plays well this year.
haha i was just about to say the same thing.

# 39 nemesis04 @ 01/13/10 10:51 PM
I can't tell much difference in those comparison picks. The only thing different is there seems to be less blur this year resulting in some sharper images.

# 40 Artman22 @ 01/13/10 11:21 PM
Quote:

I'm not being defensive Soxfan. It's just some dudes have agendas, and I know who they are. You're cool and I know you're real and give very good insights on topics etc. It's just certain members overly praise everything the other game does, and always critisizes anything 2k does no matter what. Blzer is also good with his post and gives unbiased comments on the games as well. I'm not going to bring it up anymore. I know the other MLB game is going to be good. I hope 2k10 can be a good alternative as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.