Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the new Major League Baseball 2K10 video. It shows off a little gameplay.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Pared @ 01/15/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
This video wasn't made for the OS culture. Nothing "made" really ever is. It's going to take a recorded session of someone actually playing the game.

The thing is, if you treat this promo as something that was made for those of us looking to gather a conclusion of the game's potential, you miss the fun of what 2K is doing. I liked that video because of the exchange in conversation between the two players.
Other promotional shots have included glimpses of in-game footage and you typically can see improvements.

That's not the case here, IMO. And I consider myself an individual with an eye for detail.

Even knowing this, again, there's nothing that even hints at this being a title refined for an entire year. While I'm not expecting to be blown away, I'd at the least expect some sort of visual cue of evolution.

# 42 Pared @ 01/15/10 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Could it be 2k9 with 2k10 slapped on it? One could hope.
Did you mean this jokingly? I can't tell.

Are you asking if this could be very old footage of 2k9 just to market 2k10? I'd highly doubt that.

The only thing this tells me is they spent the necessary time on refining the gameplay... but that's just me being a positive thinker here...

# 43 DaveDQ @ 01/15/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Other promotional shots have included glimpses of in-game footage and you typically can see improvements.

That's not the case here, IMO. And I consider myself an individual with an eye for detail.

Even knowing this, again, there's nothing that even hints at this being a title refined for an entire year. While I'm not expecting to be blown away, I'd at the least expect some sort of visual cue of evolution.
I would agree, and like others have said, it's safe to conclude the game ahsn't seen much in the visual presentation. The consensus so far is that the game looks exactly like 2K9, and it does. If that's the case, maybe they did indeed focus on greatly improving the gameplay. I want to see that happen. The graphics last year didn't bother me, the gameplay eventually did.

# 44 Coug00 @ 01/15/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I'm sorry but how can some of you guys say that you don't care about visuals? I mean it's 2010 and other games have amazing looking graphics. There is no reason why the game play can not be vastly improved upon while still blowing our sox off with upgraded graphics. I know I sure as heck wouldn't enjoy playing stick ball even if there were 100% authentic sticks!
If addressing the visuals were as simple as throwing more people on the art team I'd agree with you, but the problem is the coding in the 2k engine. How many times have these guys had to dumb down the graphics because of framerate issues? I think this is the second time since 2k7. That's a coding problem, not a problem with the art team.

I also understand how difficult it can be to make big changes in applications on a one year dev cycle. The whole MLB 2k series is such a giant cluster that I want a solid gameplay addressed before they address improving the visuals.

# 45 brendanrfoley @ 01/15/10 05:09 PM
I politely disagree about this promo (from a visual standpoint) looking identical to 2K9. The lighting, player models and cloth physics have been tweaked.

I know those tweaks do not speak to gameplay, but the game does look slightly different.

# 46 bonannogiovanni @ 01/15/10 05:45 PM
After seeing this sneak peek trailer I conclude that I cannot jump to conclusions. Last year Lincecum's video blew me away, then the game performed under par. I need gameplay footage, for now I've only noticed better graphics, but just a little, and no spectators moving down the aisles, which can lead to no dynamic attendance (yeah, beside gameplay I'm a prsentation guy, like the littlle tihings).

# 47 spankdatazz22 @ 01/15/10 06:41 PM
Thought it was okay; not much to break down - lots of bad karma here it seems. Expected a brighter color palette but the shadowing looked improved. Was mostly amusing for the banter between the players

# 48 Jamin23 @ 01/15/10 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Thought it was okay; not much to break down - lots of bad karma here it seems. Expected a brighter color palette but the shadowing looked improved. Was mostly amusing for the banter between the players
I hope they were going more for the entertainment and not the game itself.

# 49 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/15/10 06:50 PM
Now that I have viewed this my take is the Shadowing & Lighting looks really good & as usual the Signature Styles are smokin. I really want to see that Art Direction Insight to see if they talk about what they did different this year Graphically & Animation wise.

# 50 Jamin23 @ 01/15/10 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Now that I have viewed this my take is the Shadowing & Lighting looks really good & as usual the Signature Styles are smokin. I really want to see that Art Direction Insight to see if they talk about what they did different this year Graphically & Animation wise.
And it's coming out in a few. MLB 2K10 Insight approved... coming up momentarily. http://twitter.com/ronnie2K

# 51 DubTrey1 @ 01/15/10 07:17 PM
The player models seem ok from the waist up, but the lower body? Not so much. They have kankles for crap sake.

# 52 Eddie1967 @ 01/15/10 11:31 PM
That looked very good to me. The bat sounds are much better. I think with a full year of development this game just might be a huge improvement over last year.

# 53 queensbomber @ 01/15/10 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
still looks cartoony.
I actually dont mind the cartoony look.
MVP 2005, one of the best baseball games of all time, the graphics were cartoony but the players moved so realistically and that made the game so convincing.

You can have realistic looking player models but if they move robotic then its all pointless.
Lets hope for a good year on both systems!

# 54 countryboy @ 01/16/10 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
The bats sound better, and I don't think much was really showed. I think some of you guys are over reacting a bit. I'll wait for some gameplay videos before I pass judgement.
agreed. I don't know how much of a judgment could be passed off that short of a sample. Bring on gameplay videos and then we'll see how much improvement this game has made.

Until then...I'll reserve judgment.

# 55 Pared @ 01/16/10 09:25 AM
Looking at the graphics in the Insight, the game is much more impressive than that crummy little facebook trailer.

Just another reason for me to hate facebook, even if it isn't to blame.

# 56 Blzer @ 01/16/10 11:51 AM
Did anyone else think some of the back-and-forth exchanges between Hernandez and Morales had any... deeper meaning?

# 57 ryan36 @ 01/16/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Did anyone else think some of the back-and-forth exchanges between Hernandez and Morales had any... deeper meaning?
LOL like what

# 58 Artman22 @ 01/16/10 04:03 PM
Quote:
Pitching and batter duals are an important aspect this year

# 59 Blzer @ 01/16/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
LOL like what
"I beat you even in my dreams."

It can't get much clearer.

lol

# 60 rock85 @ 01/17/10 12:46 AM
Quote:
Maybe if we play it backwards it will give us the meaning

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.