Home
MLB 10 News Post

This time last year was first time anyone who doesn't work on the game was allowed to visit our studio and see what goes on behind closed doors with MLB The Show's development team.

Chris Cutliff, Director, of Product Development for MLB The Show thought CD was extremely valuable to our community relations and to the improvement of the franchise. We even had a focus test last year during the cycle. We invited Jim, Pared, Nemesis, Knight, and Brent_Hurst out to participate. They can't talk about the focus test now, but next week I'm lifting the embargo so they can give everyone their thoughts on focus test and if they believe it had an impact on the game.

Next week we are hosting our second Community Preview Event here in San Diego the attendees are the five above with some first timers as well. Brett_OS and bcruise will join the focus test group on next week.

The CPE will be the first hardcore hands on time that anyone has with the game (better get your Q&A's ready).

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 nemesis04 @ 01/17/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
When will you guys be able to talk about the Focus test? Monday?
I believe when the event starts on the 20th!

# 62 bp4baseball @ 01/17/10 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Looking foward to then

# 63 PsychoBulk @ 01/17/10 06:04 PM
Congrats to the 7, thoroughly looking forward to reading all your learned impressions

# 64 green94 @ 01/18/10 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Sounds good Nem, have fun!!!

# 65 dmbfan1970 @ 01/18/10 03:55 PM
Wondering if the build will be a different one then the one shown at CES?

# 66 Knight165 @ 01/18/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
I'm sure it will be.
Last time...we got a different build from the first day to the last I believe.(just small changes.)

M.K.
Knight165

# 67 risky @ 01/18/10 04:36 PM
Congrats to all that were selected, and I would like to give a personal thanks to knight who puts in so much work on his rosters thanks man! You have made my experience with the show just that much better!

# 68 roolz @ 01/18/10 04:43 PM
Good luck to all those that are attending, enjoy it and look forward to hearing all your feedback.

Its really sinking in now... soon it'll be pre-order time!

# 69 rspencer86 @ 01/18/10 05:41 PM
It really is great that SCEA does this... I can guarantee it helps make the game better, and that's what it's all about.

Looking forward to hearing some info from this.

# 70 bp4baseball @ 01/18/10 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
It really is great that SCEA does this... I can guarantee it helps make the game better, and that's what it's all about.

Looking forward to hearing some info from this.
Exactly. It's not so SCEA can see what we look like in person, it's to get quality feedback and catch any glanced over problems before shipping the game

# 71 BravesBoy @ 01/18/10 09:10 PM
jus tell me if they fixed Chipper Jones's stance, if they didn't I pass...... j/k lol

I would like to know if the catcher logic as been improved??..they relied on the FB wayyy to much last year. but i'm guessing it has seein that Joe is the cover boy....

# 72 Russell_SCEA @ 01/18/10 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
Yup the build they will play is current to this week.

# 73 bp4baseball @ 01/18/10 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
jus tell me if they fixed Chipper Jones's stance, if they didn't I pass...... j/k lol

I would like to know if the catcher logic as been improved??..they relied on the FB wayyy to much last year. but i'm guessing it has seein that Joe is the cover boy....
It was said they completely rehauled the cather logic

# 74 ckarlic @ 01/18/10 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yup the build they will play is current to this week.
Nice. Can't wait to get my grimey hands on this game yet again. I seem to always say that every year around this time

# 75 lathrowback @ 01/19/10 03:00 AM
also when are they gonnna get mannys hair right?

# 76 Pared @ 01/19/10 09:24 AM
When he retires.

# 77 Qb @ 01/19/10 10:42 AM
Have fun, gentlemen. Bring us back some good nuggets!

# 78 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/19/10 10:44 AM
No problem guys, Hey Russell, I will PM you my address and you can send whatever copy you have and I will gladly test from home.......LMAO

# 79 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/19/10 04:47 PM
Can't wait to hear the impressions.

# 80 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Mods, could we try something new this year with the Q & A. May I suggest split the Q & A up into sections i.e. Presentation thread, game play thread, roster thread....ect.... is this possible?

This would be much better. Last year it was all over the place. Was hard to keep up.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.