Home
MLB 10 News Post

This time last year was first time anyone who doesn't work on the game was allowed to visit our studio and see what goes on behind closed doors with MLB The Show's development team.

Chris Cutliff, Director, of Product Development for MLB The Show thought CD was extremely valuable to our community relations and to the improvement of the franchise. We even had a focus test last year during the cycle. We invited Jim, Pared, Nemesis, Knight, and Brent_Hurst out to participate. They can't talk about the focus test now, but next week I'm lifting the embargo so they can give everyone their thoughts on focus test and if they believe it had an impact on the game.

Next week we are hosting our second Community Preview Event here in San Diego the attendees are the five above with some first timers as well. Brett_OS and bcruise will join the focus test group on next week.

The CPE will be the first hardcore hands on time that anyone has with the game (better get your Q&A's ready).

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Woodweaver @ 01/20/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
SCEA chooses who they feel would be most beneficial in giving feedback on the game
I suppose this means hardcore players with mature, knowledgable, constructive posts that exhibit good critical thinking and communication skills...I guess I'm out

Come to think of it, how did these guys make the cut???

# 142 CommunityCollege @ 01/20/10 11:56 PM
I wanna go next year

# 143 bcruise @ 01/21/10 12:01 AM
Not going to post this in the attendees only thread, it'd only clutter it...

Man, I'm a lightweight compared to these guys.

I'm not sure what I can and can't talk about yet, so I'm waiting for the other guys to get back - afaik they're still over there.

# 144 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/21/10 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Man, I'm a lightweight compared to these guys.

Drank you under the table eh?

# 145 bp4baseball @ 01/21/10 12:19 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure what I can and can't talk about yet, so I'm waiting for the other guys to get back - afaik they're still over there.
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission

Just kidding. Would hate to upset SCEA after all they've done for us

Thank you SCEA!!!!

# 146 Russell_SCEA @ 01/21/10 12:21 AM
Day one has come to a close the guys have to go they can talk about pretty much everything. But don't expect any pics or vids anytime soon only impressions. Also the group that came out for the focus test they can talk about it as well. Long, long day of gameplay I can't wait until Nemesis and everyone can tell you about what was done to the fielding meter this year. I think its going to be a pleasant surprise to everyone.

# 147 KmK @ 01/21/10 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Day one has come to a close the guys have to go they can talk about pretty much everything. But don't expect any pics or vids anytime soon only impressions. Also the group that came out for the focus test they can talk about it as well. Long, long day of gameplay I can't wait until Nemesis and everyone can tell you about what was done to the fielding meter this year. I think its going to be a pleasant surprise to everyone.

Awesome! Thanks a lot Russell!

# 148 Eman5805 @ 01/21/10 12:24 AM
You slick rick. Just baiting us now. GAH! Ze suspense...she is killing me!!!

# 149 djo201 @ 01/21/10 12:30 AM
Quote:

Don't know how you do it, but even without giving any details you can surprise us and make the wait longer. Is March any closer?

# 150 ksig24 @ 01/21/10 01:08 AM
Dang, wish I could have been there. Maybe next year.

# 151 Bahnzo @ 01/21/10 01:22 AM
I for one want to hear about the earlier focus group. Maybe not right away...get the impressions while they are still fresh in your tired minds, but I'm curious to hear what that day was like and did they implement any ideas you guys had?

Also, is it still scary flying into the airport there? There's something unnerving about looking out the window of your plane into some guys office while you are landing....

# 152 PaulieMM @ 01/21/10 09:08 AM
I'm hoping that this version of the show will fix the intentional walk bug.

I often push the R3 button down to take a look at the field and see where the defense is positioned.

Unfortunately, if you’re being intentionally walked you'll be stuck in that first person mode and you won't be able to continue the game.

I've never been able to see if that is the case against another player but it does happen against the CPU.

Just putting it out there and I hope it helps to get the problem fixed.

# 153 bcruise @ 01/21/10 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMM
I'm hoping that this version of the show will fix the intentional walk bug.

I often push the R3 button down to take a look at the field and see where the defense is positioned.

Unfortunately, if you’re being intentionally walked you'll be stuck in that first person mode and you won't be able to continue the game.

I've never been able to see if that is the case against another player but it does happen against the CPU.

Just putting it out there and I hope it helps to get the problem fixed.
I remember that one...if it's only against the CPU I probably won't be able to duplicate it, but if it can happen with user vs. user too I might be able to see it.

# 154 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/21/10 12:45 PM
Quote:
Russell, great Job man, I have never been more excited for any game ever, as I am for the Show 10, start the New decade of baseball gaming with a HR. Thanks.

# 155 PaulieMM @ 01/23/10 10:12 AM
Quote:
I remember that one...if it's only against the CPU I probably won't be able to duplicate it, but if it can happen with user vs. user too I might be able to see it.

Thanks man. Lets hope that even if it's still in the game they can do something about it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.