Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has just posted their Major League Baseball 2K10 MLB Developer Insight, focusing on art direction.

Quote:
"We went through all the stadiums and scrutinized the architectural details and nuances, in an effort to correct anything we saw that has changed since the previous MLB season. We also introduced some new stadiums not in last year’s game. I’m sure you’ll all be excited to see the new Target Field in Minnesota. We worked off of the blueprints of the actual stadium so our stadium will be spot on in terms of accuracy for Twins fans.

We paid a lot of attention to the fields this year, introducing new technology to the dirt which better portrays wetness, degradation, moisture, rake, wear, and traffic. The grass is equally as sophisticated. We took into account the same lighting properties with our dirt, as well as the actual mow patterns for each stadium. We even went as far as taking into consideration the type & length of grass, and the direction it is mowed. I guess you can say we are a little obsessed with grass tech from our football days. We are sticklers for accuracy because we aim to please our simulation fans everywhere!

The environments capture each ballpark’s look and feel and showcase their specific celebrations, ads, scoreboards, and fans accordingly. We made sure to balance the ads within the parks and colors to mimic life, and you will see more real life advertisement slots and sizes than in MLB 2K9. In general, we wanted the environments to capture the real essence of baseball, but differently for the various stadiums across the league."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jamin23 @ 01/15/10 07:50 PM
Nice little touch with the actual mow patterns.

# 22 bodhiball @ 01/15/10 07:51 PM
uh oh...they actually have me intrigued now. After a year off from 2k, I think I need to follow this again. There is hope!

# 23 brendanrfoley @ 01/15/10 07:57 PM
Lighting, faces and stadiums look much better; the Beckett picture shows tons of improvement.

# 24 brendanrfoley @ 01/15/10 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Only a small sample size, but definitely digging the new lighting in 2K10 comparative to 2K9. And the hats again look better. WTF is with the B in 2K9???

Game does look better from these shots.
Fenway looks much better in the background too, especially the lighting!

# 25 brendanrfoley @ 01/15/10 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablouin
You'll be please to know that we do have fully fonctional, out-of-town scores where dictated by the real stadiums in 2k10.
Awesome! Oh, and please keep posting here!

# 26 AustinOrgans @ 01/15/10 08:07 PM
Will the Green Monster scoreboard at Fenway display the score of the game being played?

# 27 HK-47 @ 01/15/10 08:08 PM
Now all I need to hear is that they brought back the player edit options from 2k8...I will do a freakin' back flip if they did!

# 28 Artman22 @ 01/15/10 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Only a small sample size, but definitely digging the new lighting in 2K10 comparative to 2K9. And the hats again look better. WTF is with the B in 2K9???

Game does look better from these shots.
Graphics and lighting do look better. I agree.

# 29 ablouin @ 01/15/10 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinOrgans
Will the Green Monster scoreboard at Fenway display the score of the game being played?

Yes,

# 30 HK-47 @ 01/15/10 08:13 PM
lol, didn't the IGN dude say that the graphics took a "hit". WTF? 2k10 looks 10x better than 2k9.

# 31 Artman22 @ 01/15/10 08:14 PM
Quote:
You'll be please to know that we do have fully fonctional, out-of-town scores where dictated by the real stadiums in 2k10.
NICE.. You should post here more often

# 32 HK-47 @ 01/15/10 08:18 PM
Quote:
Yes,

Can we a assign batting stances and pitching deliveries/windups to players that don't have a signature one?

# 33 Artman22 @ 01/15/10 08:24 PM
Those stadiums look real good.

# 34 Jamin23 @ 01/15/10 08:25 PM
Quote:
Yes,
I got one more question. Did you put in signs at ballparks or signature objects like the tomahawk cow at Turner Field or the citgo sign at Fenway?

# 35 Scott @ 01/15/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I got one more question. Did you put in signs at ballparks or signature objects like the tomahawk cow at Turner Field or the citgo sign at Fenway?
I don't think they can, due to copyright issues.

# 36 Jamin23 @ 01/15/10 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I don't think they can, due to copyright issues.
They wouldn't be able to do it without actually putting citgo etc on it?

# 37 Behindshadows @ 01/15/10 08:30 PM
Looks damn good! Great job VC! Wouldn't expect anything less and nice write up!

# 38 HK-47 @ 01/15/10 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
He's the art director. He's here to talk about the art aspect of the game. lol.
lol, I actually noticed that before asking the question, and decided not to ask, cause it would be dumb, but then five minutes later, I totally forgot that he was the art director and not involved with the features. Major brain fart!

# 39 RedLine @ 01/15/10 08:36 PM
Quote:
Yes,
Hi Alan,

Can you answer 3 other Petco park questions please? 1) Will the Tony Gwynn statue be in the Petco "Park in the Park" this year and 2) did the right center outfield wall distance get corrected to reflect the moved in wall from a few years ago, and 3) does the Midwest Metal building show its real name this year?

Thanks in advance!

# 40 Artman22 @ 01/15/10 08:36 PM
So IGN says the game took a hit graphically and the Art director says it's the best MLB2k graphically to date

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.