Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has just posted their Major League Baseball 2K10 MLB Developer Insight, focusing on art direction.

Quote:
"We went through all the stadiums and scrutinized the architectural details and nuances, in an effort to correct anything we saw that has changed since the previous MLB season. We also introduced some new stadiums not in last year’s game. I’m sure you’ll all be excited to see the new Target Field in Minnesota. We worked off of the blueprints of the actual stadium so our stadium will be spot on in terms of accuracy for Twins fans.

We paid a lot of attention to the fields this year, introducing new technology to the dirt which better portrays wetness, degradation, moisture, rake, wear, and traffic. The grass is equally as sophisticated. We took into account the same lighting properties with our dirt, as well as the actual mow patterns for each stadium. We even went as far as taking into consideration the type & length of grass, and the direction it is mowed. I guess you can say we are a little obsessed with grass tech from our football days. We are sticklers for accuracy because we aim to please our simulation fans everywhere!

The environments capture each ballpark’s look and feel and showcase their specific celebrations, ads, scoreboards, and fans accordingly. We made sure to balance the ads within the parks and colors to mimic life, and you will see more real life advertisement slots and sizes than in MLB 2K9. In general, we wanted the environments to capture the real essence of baseball, but differently for the various stadiums across the league."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Trevytrev11 @ 01/21/10 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
They always had great inovative Ideas really cool things but they were always unfinished or poorly tested
Yeah, I don't know if it's unrealistic expectations or bad leadership or what, but they always seem to try and accomplish much more than they are capable of and the result is that nothing is done great and everything is done mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
They are actually doing pretty good this year with info as compared to recent years.
I agree. It seems as if they are making better attempts, but unfortunately it's always more of what they want to show us than what we want to see, which can end up being even more frustrating.

# 162 Artman22 @ 01/21/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
LOL, yep, I had 5 secs to use the search function. If you're going to mock people, don't be surprised if they point out your hipocracy.

BTW, the quote of yours was from January 22 of '09...
My point exactly. My quote was from January 22 0f 09 and we still didn't have a screen shot at that time or anything at all, and that was my argument. We've seen screens, Developer insights and previews already, and today's the 21st. I guess you don't see the difference. How does that make me a hypocite again? If you still don't get it just PM me and I'll explain it better for you.

# 163 EL_GABE @ 01/21/10 01:57 PM
I just wanna get some franchise info that's what I do 95% of the time well maybe 75% now cuz of the my player mode =D

And maybe 2k wants to put. Info out when the other game dosent have info realese so it can focus on 2k

# 164 Jamin23 @ 01/21/10 02:05 PM
If you look in the show forum, you see how much info comes out with community days.

# 165 EL_GABE @ 01/21/10 02:11 PM
That could also be a reason it dint realese info ..does 2k have one?

# 166 Jamin23 @ 01/21/10 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp90805
That could also be a reason it dint realese info ..does 2k have one?
No. They don't unfortunately.

# 167 DaveDQ @ 01/21/10 02:35 PM
More than when this information comes out is whether or not it works. These blogs are all good, from all the developers, but at some point they need to bring home the goods.

We have seen several promises in these blogs, insights, etc. The problem is the track record of performance isn't too hot.

# 168 Jamin23 @ 01/21/10 02:41 PM
I forgot that Chase was going to preview the game today, so we should get some info by the end of the week. I really want to see a video though of pure gameplay and not the trailer that are touched up.

# 169 PVarck31 @ 01/21/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I agree and you know what else.. I think that if they were proud of the gameplay, they'd be leakin' some footage of it. We haven't seen any. All the videos we've seen so far are ya know, real players talkin' to each other and glimpses of the game's graphics, but not actual gameplay. It's more like replay footage, but it's touched up even beyond that.

We want raw gameplay footage. Hopefully we get it soon. I'm not impatient, but they're havin' trouble meeting deadlines on their insights, which isn't a good sign. It's sloppy.
This logic is flawed.

# 170 Jamin23 @ 01/21/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
This logic is flawed.
And it's frustrating. Give us a minute of pure gameplay. They should show their product.

# 171 spankdatazz22 @ 01/21/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
I'm not impatient, but they're havin' trouble meeting deadlines on their insights, which isn't a good sign. It's sloppy.
That's what looks bad to me, that they've cancelled things at the last minute because of some [seemingly] obscure issue. As someone else said, they should be attempting to under-promise and over-deliver. I'm sure they're crunching to get the game complete, but it lowers people's opinion when they can't deliver on things like a regular blog. But, better to not release information in a blog that doesn't make it to the game and have everybody screaming that "they promised us [this] and didn't give it to us - liars!". Some games can get away with it just because of perception; this one wouldn't be able to at this point because of how it's perceived

# 172 PVarck31 @ 01/21/10 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
And it's frustrating. Give us a minute of pure gameplay. They should show their product.
Sure its frustrating, but doesn't mean they have something to hide.

# 173 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/21/10 03:52 PM
Though I agree 2K always seems to fudge-up scheduled announcements, but maybe the Insight has been pushed back because they are showing the game today to OS & probably a couple of other media outlets.

# 174 PVarck31 @ 01/21/10 03:59 PM
Quote:
Why ? You probably knew I was gonna ask why, so you should've just explained yourself after commenting.
To assume a company is hiding something because there are no gameplay videos a month and a half before the game is released is not sound logic. 2k has always had a "different" marketing plan with all their games. This is just 2k being 2k. If Sony wasn't such a big part of CES we wouldn't have any gameplay videos for the Show yet either.

# 175 myghty @ 01/21/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Though I agree 2K always seems to fudge-up scheduled announcements, but maybe the Insight has been pushed back because they are showing the game today to OS & probably a couple of other media outlets.
^ I will go with this theory.

# 176 PVarck31 @ 01/21/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Yea, you got a point there with the CES.. I honestly just don't like how sloppy their announcements become. It's whatever though. I can't change it and it doesn't seem like they can either.
I agree 100% Its so frustrating. I was looking forward the new insight all day yesterday, only to be let down. Again.

# 177 Artman22 @ 01/21/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I forgot that Chase was going to preview the game today, so we should get some info by the end of the week. I really want to see a video though of pure gameplay and not the trailer that are touched up.
I hope he can give us info before the end of the week. I understand the write up takes time, but I atleast want to hear his impression on the game so far atleast by tonight.

# 178 Artman22 @ 01/21/10 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I agree 100% Its so frustrating. I was looking forward the new insight all day yesterday, only to be let down. Again.
with mlb2k's past record. 2k should be eager to show their game.

# 179 DaveDQ @ 01/21/10 04:14 PM
I have come to the conclusion that this is on Ron at 2K. As an example, he posted about the Team Up issue with NBA 2K10 and how some may be having issues. That portion of the game is not working correctly. The thread he started on that topic has about 3 pages now. So, Ron goes on his Twitter and makes a comment in question that states only 20 or so have commented on the issue, as if to say it's not as big of an issue as thought to be. You can't conduct community interaction like this.

He also continues to give information that simply shouldn't be given. Don't throw out dates and ambiguities then retract. Ron continually does this.

# 180 PVarck31 @ 01/21/10 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I have come to the conclusion that this is on Ron at 2K. As an example, he posted about the Team Up issue with NBA 2K10 and how some may be having issues. That portion of the game is not working correctly. The thread he started on that topic has about 3 pages now. So, Ron goes on his Twitter and makes a comment in question that states only 20 or so have commented on the issue, as if to say it's not as big of an issue as thought to be. You can't conduct community interaction like this.

He also continues to give information that simply shouldn't be given. Don't throw out dates and ambiguities then retract. Ron continually does this.
Yep. Im sorry to say this, but he makes 2k look bad more than he makes them look good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.