Home
MLB 10 News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted the first MLB '10: The Show blog of the year. This one covers the new 30-Player Franchise Mode.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, the MLB FE team here to bring you the first installment of the MLB 10: The Show blogs. For this entry, we’ll be talking about some of the details that have gone into the new 30-Player Franchise Mode.

One of our goals going into this year was to finally enable the ability to mimic your real-life counterpart rosters when in Franchise mode. In order to do so, we had to allow all 30 teams to be set for user control. Before we could even dive into that, we had to change up how profiles and options work."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ocho cuatro @ 01/20/10 05:59 PM
Great stuff for all of us franchise players.

I'm thrilled to hear about the Single A teams - this should hopefully make roster building even easier, since there should theoretically be more generic players (and hopefully more generic A potential players).

Yippee!

# 22 sfgiantsfn @ 01/20/10 06:07 PM
I think the Single A came straight from a suggestion by Knight. I think he said he would like to have a 15 extra players to move in and out of AA and AAA when injuries arise. This is great -- it proves yet again that the devs really listen to what the community says. This is a surprise and very welcomed addition.

For manual injuries, I wonder if you can turn manual injuries on but also have computer injuries.

For instance I might want to start a franchise with all real players injured -- and I might want to manually give ManRam a 50 game suspension but other than that I want guys to get injured on their own.

# 23 CommunityCollege @ 01/20/10 06:09 PM
this is some good stuff!

I love Franchise mode and this will be great additions to it

# 24 godylla @ 01/20/10 06:10 PM
I hope I don't suck so bad in my RTTS that I get sent down to A league and can't even play as myself!

# 25 Bahnzo @ 01/20/10 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I am hoping that manual injuries can be set to on in season mode as well.
At the very end, it states that everything they showed can also be done in season mode. Which is great news...I usually play season mode instead of franchise so I don't have to bother with setting hot dog prices and worry about why my fans are upset because I don't have a face painting booth.

# 26 sfgiantsfn @ 01/20/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I usually play season mode instead of franchise so I don't have to bother with setting hot dog prices and worry about why my fans are upset because I don't have a face painting booth.
You don't have a face painting booth? This is always the first thing I add in franchise mode.

# 27 Galvatron @ 01/20/10 06:19 PM
Awesome news!!! I think the single-A teams was something Knight was actually pushing for so it'll allow for more CAP slots to edit or something along those lines if I'm correct. I wonder if turning manual injuries on can co-exist with having Roster control off...meaning can I UN-INJURE a player if a CPU player gets hurt during franchise?

# 28 tadoreo @ 01/20/10 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
I hope I don't suck so bad in my RTTS that I get sent down to A league and can't even play as myself!
No worries, in the blog it says you cant play Single A games...unless you ment you cant play as yourself because you cant play Single A games, if that is the case I dought they would put that in. But if they did.....

# 29 CubFan23 @ 01/20/10 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
Custom injuries??? I think I just miscarried....

# 30 Speedy @ 01/20/10 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
I think I just miscarried
Is there another meaning to this than what is normally implied?

# 31 Galvatron @ 01/20/10 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
I would wager that it is one or the other, just like the roster control option.
Yeah, probably right. But if they allow both then ...

# 32 19 @ 01/20/10 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Pretty much. It's going to be a long 40 days. Sigh.

# 33 19 @ 01/20/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Is there another meaning to this than what is normally implied?
It's a line from Family Guy, perhaps I shoulda included the picture of Mort, wasn't trying to offend... my bad

# 34 theotherguy619 @ 01/20/10 06:37 PM
So will the Single-A accumulate stats like AA and AAA, or its it more like an Inactive List?

# 35 idesign2 @ 01/20/10 06:39 PM
"Yes, we’ve expanded our Sounds of the Show feature from last year by including the ability to assign custom audio for several team specific areas. Ranging from team wins, home run music, strike out music, away team errors, to inning specific music (i.e. 7th inning stretch), and more."

This kinda just made my day.

# 36 19 @ 01/20/10 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
For real. After the crappy day I had today, I needed this. Hopefully more things will come out that are equally, if not more awesome.

# 37 beau21 @ 01/20/10 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
"Yes, we’ve expanded our Sounds of the Show feature from last year by including the ability to assign custom audio for several team specific areas. Ranging from team wins, home run music, strike out music, away team errors, to inning specific music (i.e. 7th inning stretch), and more."

ooh! ooh! me! me!

that was me that asked the question!

# 38 aukevin @ 01/20/10 07:03 PM
Sounds like good stuff. Very happy about the injuries.

# 39 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 01/20/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21

ooh! ooh! me! me!

that was me that asked the question!

Thank you for asking....I am glad to see they expanded on sounds of the show.

# 40 Rawdeal28 @ 01/20/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
LMAO

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.