Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Gameplaybook has posted their preview of Major League Baseball 2K10.

Quote:
"The batter doesn’t have all the advantages. The pitcher can work the corners this time around with advanced mechanics and scouting reports. You’ll be able to see stats of every batter you face, so you know their advantages and disadvantages (what they’ll swing at, etc.) Furthermore, you’ll have more accurate control where you put your pitch, rather than guesswork that sends it accidentally flying over the center of the plate (unless, obviously, you’re a complete and total klutz, then we can’t help you).

To make the experience even more authentic, Visual Concepts has put more work into the game’s motion capture, using modeling for specific players. That means that each pitch, swing, catch, throw, steal and slide look like the actual players doing it. So you won’t see a big guy do what a little guy can do, and vice versa. Authenticity is the name of the game here, and a rating system ranks each player efficiently, so there’s never anyone that pushes above and beyond what they’re capable of."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Trevytrev11 @ 01/21/10 12:11 PM
Quote:
Furthermore, you’ll have more accurate control where you put your pitch, rather than guesswork that sends it accidentally flying over the center of the plate (unless, obviously, you’re a complete and total klutz, then we can’t help you).
This is the quote that scares me...this was already easy enough last year. It was too easy to take any pitcher, regardless of his real life control or lack of it, and paint corner after corner.

# 2 Blzer @ 01/21/10 12:13 PM
At least the animation modeling will help out, so we don't get some big, beefy guys doing some dives and jump-throws that the littler guys can do.

# 3 Jamin23 @ 01/21/10 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I read that review, but it's very similar to IGN's and Gamespots. It didn't even seem like the guy at Gameplaybook actually played the game. All previews of MLB 2K10 have been pretty vague so far.
After I read it, I realized it wasn't a great preview. It was pretty bland and not really much info.

# 4 bodhiball @ 01/21/10 12:24 PM
"the flowing water spouts in the Green Monster"
???????

what?

# 5 Jamin23 @ 01/21/10 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
"the flowing water spouts in the Green Monster"
???????

what?
It sounds like he doesn't know what he is talking about. I don't think 2k would put that at Fenway, since they aren't there. I think they are trying to make this game as authentic as possible this year.

# 6 jerm21 @ 01/21/10 01:47 PM
Pretty much everything we've already heard. Nothing new.

Insight today pleaseee

# 7 DaveDQ @ 01/21/10 02:21 PM
I always respect someone who writes a blog and runs commentary on gaming news and happenings. It's not easy to keep it going and maintain the excitement. However, the write-up here seems to be a preview based on a preview. It seems as if he's commenting on what he read somewhere, rather than actually playing the game.

# 8 DaveDQ @ 01/21/10 02:39 PM
What's odd is 2K's Facebook just put out a Gamedaily preview and it's the same exact thing...

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/major...ew/8194/20748/

# 9 Blzer @ 01/21/10 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
What's odd is 2K's Facebook just put out a Gamedaily preview and it's the same exact thing...

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/major...ew/8194/20748/
Considering I haven't ever heard of Gameplaybook, it's now time to raise some credibility questions...

# 10 ckarlic @ 01/21/10 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Considering I haven't ever heard of Gameplaybook, it's now time to raise some credibility questions...
True that. Sounds like we have a case of plagiarism.

# 11 rock85 @ 01/21/10 05:00 PM
Nothing new here

# 12 mkharsh33 @ 01/21/10 05:15 PM
...moving right along.

# 13 Blzer @ 01/21/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILZPWN
It's not plagiarism. It's the same article (written by Robert Workman) posted to different sites.
Ah, well I didn't see that one. Then I guess it's not the sites that are going there, just an author who doesn't know what he's talking about (water spouts in Fenway?).

# 14 Jamin23 @ 01/21/10 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Ah, well I didn't see that one. Then I guess it's not the sites that are going there, just an author who doesn't know what he's talking about (water spouts in Fenway?).
Yeah, sorry for the bad preview. I probably should have read it first before posting it.

# 15 SoxFan01605 @ 01/21/10 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Yeah, sorry for the bad preview. I probably should have read it first before posting it.

Just read it...consensus here seems dead on...nothing to see here.

And you don't need to apologize...it's not your fault the preview was shotty. Nothing wrong with posting something new, regardless of how much it actually covers.

# 16 ShowTyme15 @ 01/21/10 07:19 PM
We should wait until OS gets a copy. I trust their opinions over any other sites reviews/previews.

# 17 Bahnzo @ 01/21/10 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
This is the quote that scares me...this was already easy enough last year. It was too easy to take any pitcher, regardless of his real life control or lack of it, and paint corner after corner.
Heh, how is it possible to have more accurate control than last year?

# 18 DontHateOnNumber2 @ 01/21/10 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
We should wait until OS gets a copy. I trust their opinions over any other sites reviews/previews.
This. The ONLY thing I liked about 2K9 was the simplification of the advanced pitching. What I'm hoping is that the vagueness given with the ease of pitching is offset by said rating system. Picking your spots means nothing if the pitches have poor movement and/or velocity. I love their emphasis on visual authenticity, but truly hope for a playable game.

# 19 marcusmccloud @ 01/21/10 11:01 PM
"Major League Baseball 2K10 carries a lot of what made last year’s game so special, and should address some of the nagging issues that kept some of you away from it."

If he were to sugarcoat it anymore, we'd all get diabetes from reading that article. I bet he thinks "Epic Movie" is one of the greatest movie masterpieces of all time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.