Home
MLB 10 News Post

If you pre-order MLB 10: The Show you will receive free classic stadiums. Check the details at Playstation.Blog.

Quote:
"If you don't pre-order the game or can't they will be available for purchase on the PS Store at a later date pricing and release date has yet TBD."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Azamien @ 01/25/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You should talk to your local retailers about why they don't look to achieve the same status as other retailers. What is the retailer called...Futureshop?
That's a pretty odd thing to say. We have Amazon. We have Gamestop/EB. We have Wal-Mart (obviously). We have Best Buy (and FutureShop is wholly owned by them).

We largely have the same retailers. The problem is that most of them don't even have the game listed for pre-order yet (but they all seem to have 2K10 listed), and the one that does (Amazon.ca) doesn't have any information about the vouchers existing.

This isn't a Canada problem. This is a Sony problem.

# 82 countryboy @ 01/25/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
That's a pretty odd thing to say. We have Amazon. We have Gamestop/EB. We have Wal-Mart (obviously). We have Best Buy (and FutureShop is wholly owned by them).

We largely have the same retailers. The problem is that most of them don't even have the game listed for pre-order yet (but they all seem to have 2K10 listed), and the one that does (Amazon.ca) doesn't have any information about the vouchers existing.

This isn't a Canada problem. This is a Sony problem.
I didn't know that FutureShop was a sister company of Best Buy, I thought it was a gaming shop similar to Gamestop. I also didn't know what other retailers you had, which is why I only mentioned FutureShop.

Anyways, what I was getting at was talking to Futureshop and asking them to maybe contact Sony in an effort to see if they could "get on the list". Again, I didn't know Futureshop was a store similar to Best Buy.

Just trying to help out is all.

# 83 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/25/10 09:38 PM
Just because the companies are owned by the same in the States, means nothing.

Different rules, laws, programs, etc etc.

We are still a world with borders, and sometimes people forget that. Especially gamers.

# 84 CubFan23 @ 01/25/10 09:40 PM
Has anyone ordered online from Best Buy yet? If so, did you get any info on the code?

# 85 Scooter3 @ 01/25/10 09:58 PM
I feel bad for anyone who can't get the code or like me can't download because I'm traveling in my motor home. All I have is Verizon.

Can't something be done? like if SCEA could offer for a price an extra disk with the Classic Parks included?

scooter...

# 86 Azamien @ 01/25/10 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Just because the companies are owned by the same in the States, means nothing.

Different rules, laws, programs, etc etc.

We are still a world with borders, and sometimes people forget that. Especially gamers.
I've gotten pre-order bonuses for numerous other games. The same ones available in the States.

The distribution of vouchers has nothing to do with laws or the stores themselves. It comes down to who Sony gives them to, and in this case, it seems they've left Canada out.

# 87 ARMORALLL @ 01/26/10 12:26 AM
I'm in Vancouver so I hope I can just pre-order at a store around here and get the classic stadiums.

# 88 NickyJ @ 01/26/10 12:41 AM
Damn, As an Australian this is quite frustrating, there's no way to get a voucher here, they don't even sell the game here. I pre-order and import from Play-Asia.com every year.

And If the trophies are similar to what they were in 09 then there's no way for me to unlock the stadiums that way, the inclusion of online trophies makes it impossible for me, you can't get a good game down here.

What a disappointment, I was hoping they would be for sale, I was going to buy a US PSN Card and buy them.

# 89 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/26/10 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyJ
Damn, As an Australian this is quite frustrating, there's no way to get a voucher here, they don't even sell the game here. I pre-order and import from Play-Asia.com every year.

And If the trophies are similar to what they were in 09 then there's no way for me to unlock the stadiums that way, the inclusion of online trophies makes it impossible for me, you can't get a good game down here.

What a disappointment, I was hoping they would be for sale, I was going to buy a US PSN Card and buy them.
They will be for sale on PSN.

# 90 VanCitySportsGuy @ 01/26/10 01:11 AM
I sure hope Sony finds a way to get the pre-order bonus in Canada. Don't forget if it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have Matt Stairs

I was only able to get 1 trophy in the 09 version so I doubt I will be able to get the stadiums in the 10 version through trophies. I would like the classic stadiums but I have no intention of paying for them.

# 91 CommunityCollege @ 01/26/10 01:46 AM
why can't it be DLC?

some people don't pre order games such as myself, just for the fact you have to wait for the game store (like gamestop) time when they can actually hand you the game.

# 92 Knight165 @ 01/26/10 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
why can't it be DLC?

some people don't pre order games such as myself, just for the fact you have to wait for the game store (like gamestop) time when they can actually hand you the game.
It is DLC also.

M.K.
Knight165

# 93 Speedy @ 01/26/10 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
I sure hope Sony finds a way to get the pre-order bonus in Canada. Don't forget if it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have Jason Bay
Fixed...for a better argument.

# 94 NickyJ @ 01/26/10 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
They will be for sale on PSN.
Oh Really? Fantastic!

My understanding was that you only had two options; pre-order or get the platinum trophy.

# 95 FindingTim @ 01/26/10 04:49 AM
those 6 classic stadium pictures got me salivating Pavlov-style.

So I pre-ordered on Amazon. it's really happening!

# 96 bengtc @ 01/26/10 08:45 AM
I hope SCEA will allow Amazon to deliver the game on release day!!! (as of right now the game will be shipped on release day)

# 97 countryboy @ 01/26/10 08:49 AM
for those interested in Canada...you can preorder from J&R Mom & Pop Shop and receive the pre-order bonus.(they are one of the 6 retailers listed in the blog) They ship to Canada.

Here's the website...

http://www.jr.com/playstation-3/pe/PS3_98207/

I ran a test here from work and input a customer's address and zip code that I have and it worked.

# 98 countryboy @ 01/26/10 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
So we can simply purchase the stadiums through psn store in the future, or are you talking with the trophy thing?
They will be available on the PSN at a later date.

# 99 countryboy @ 01/26/10 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
Do they include free shipping, lol. That's the problem, to pre-order from a store like that you will likely end up with some high shipping cost plus possible border issues, not worth the hassle. Thanks though.
I didn't go through the whole process to see what all fees, if any, would be involved. I just typed in a zip code and address to see if they would deliver and they did. Wasn't free though.

# 100 ParisB @ 01/26/10 10:27 AM
I don't know if I'm allowed to do this (so mods can delete this post if necessary), but since I have no desire to play in classic stadiums I'm willing to give up my code after pre-ordering the game

Shoot me a PM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.