Home
MLB 10 News Post

If you pre-order MLB 10: The Show you will receive free classic stadiums. Check the details at Playstation.Blog.

Quote:
"If you don't pre-order the game or can't they will be available for purchase on the PS Store at a later date pricing and release date has yet TBD."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 jethrotull @ 01/27/10 08:26 AM
If they were to release any more classic stadiums, when would they announce it? Do they usually wait a few months after release or do you think we could hear of something soon?

I was interested to see if these classic stadiums would be it? Or if they would give us classic stadiums like Tiger Stadium, Candlestick and Ebbets at a later date after MLB The Show was released?

Basically, does anyone know if these 6 classic stadiums will be the only classic stadiums available for download this year?

# 142 CeltBhoy33 @ 01/27/10 08:56 AM
I have about 30$ on my edge card so it looks like I will be pre-ordering there. I don't really care where I get the game as long asI get the game.

# 143 azav8r @ 01/27/10 09:04 AM
Homerun Derby in the Polo Grounds! LOL

# 144 beau21 @ 01/27/10 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Here's an idea, why don't SCEA make these classic stadiums playable in the game from the outset without the BS of having to get a special code or win trophies to unlock them?

This isn't just SCEA, most developers force us to unlock extras and I find it a little irritating.
here's an idea..

# 145 bengtc @ 01/27/10 09:41 AM
I emailed Amazon about delivering the game on release date, but they said they do not have that option but may have it before March. It all depends if SCEA gets the games to the retailers sooner than the street release date.

# 146 CubFan23 @ 01/27/10 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azav8r
Homerun Derby in the Polo Grounds! LOL
Gotta try this!

They should credit you with 5 HR's if you put one out in CF.

# 147 CubFan23 @ 01/27/10 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
I usually go Gamestop but because I had a gift card to Best Buy...I went with them for the pre-sale.

Can someone tell me how they go about this codes?? Email? Handed to me with purchase of game?
Exact same for me, I have a $25.00 Gift card, but was waiting to see how the whole code thing worked, I e-mailed them, when I get an answer I will post it here

# 148 CubFan23 @ 01/27/10 09:55 AM
These classic Stadiums look sick!

The Classic stadiums + Knights Classic rosters=

# 149 VonRye @ 01/27/10 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Here's an idea, why don't SCEA make these classic stadiums playable in the game from the outset without the BS of having to get a special code or win trophies to unlock them?

This isn't just SCEA, most developers force us to unlock extras and I find it a little irritating.
apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this whole process is BS

# 150 Joey @ 01/27/10 10:50 AM
Where were all of the complainers when this thread came out?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-edition.html

As Knight said, most people said they would pay for classic stadiums (1 person said they would not). We've already heard that the liscensing for them are 4 times as much as current stadiums. Not only is this something in addition to the other features they have added or improved upon this year, but we have the option to get them for free. I just don't get some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye

# 151 cardsfan2222 @ 01/27/10 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
I agree. It's one thing to have it as DLC, but it's wrong to advertise it as if it's in the game, ready to use as soon as you buy it. It's not a big deal to the hardcore fans, because they will preorder anyway, but it's very misleading to the average consumer.
Russell's statement that the fact sheet didn't say how you would obtain them is also questionable, since everything else listed is included with the game. There's also no way for people without internet access to get these stadiums, since you can't get the platinum trophy without playing games online.

I don't have a problem if SCEA makes classic stadiums DLC, and it's great that they have ways to get them for free, but I think that should have been made clear on the fact sheet. Saying 11 new stadiums are available on the PS3 implies that they were added to the game, not something that you have to purchase seperately

# 152 countryboy @ 01/27/10 11:01 AM
Seriously...its not that big of a deal that people are trying to make it out to be.

# 153 Cod @ 01/27/10 11:09 AM
I pre-ordered from GameStop last month. When I called them after the blog release, they told me the vouchers will be good to go for the pre-orders...including mine. Granted, I shop at GameStop on a military installation (Andrews AFB), so they don't get as many customers as most other stores.

We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm not going to get my panties in a wad over it.

# 154 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/27/10 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
I
Saying 11 new stadiums are available on the PS3 implies that they were added to the game, not something that you have to purchase seperately

No it does not imply that, you just assume that. It says available on.

You don't have to purchase separately, you can unlock them with trophies, and get it free with a pre-order at just about every major video game retailer.

I don't get why this is such a big deal, free if you pre-order. It cost you nothing.

If this was so important to you, you would just pre-order.

Just being argumentative now people.

# 155 cardsfan2222 @ 01/27/10 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
No it does not imply that, you just assume that. It says available on.

You don't have to purchase separately, you can unlock them with trophies, and get it free with a pre-order at just about every major video game retailer.

I don't get why this is such a big deal, free if you pre-order. It cost you nothing.

If this was so important to you, you would just pre-order.

Just being argumentative now people.
That's what is misleading about it. The fact sheet also says the following are available: Future's game, minor league stadiums, mascots, home run derby, weekly roster updates, and new camera system. All of those are accessible straight out of the box, with nothing extra needed to be done. To me, there's nothing that differentiates classic stadiums as not being in the same category as the others. It's not a big deal since they offer it for free with a pre-order, but I have a feeling people who don't realize it's only free with a pre-order are going to be mad when they get their game and classic stadiums aren't there.

# 156 Bahnzo @ 01/27/10 05:12 PM
I understand what these guys are saying. I also dislike it when we have to "unlock" stuff to use it in games. If I want to play a game in the Polo Grounds, I should be able to do so....not have to fart around figuring out what I need to do to win some trophy that's needed to unlock the stadium.

I pre-ordered, so it won't effect me....but just in general I think it's a bad idea. Quit forcing us to unlock things to use them in the game....just give us the stadiums or whatever from the start.

# 157 deucepoppi17 @ 01/27/10 05:28 PM
So what about non-online PS3 users? When is disc #2 available?

# 158 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/27/10 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17

You unlock them with trophies.

# 159 cardsfan2222 @ 01/27/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
You unlock them with trophies.
Except if your PS3 isn't online, you can't get the platinum trophy, at least if it is similar to last year. Unless you play online games and in an online league, there was no way to get the platinum, which means PS3 owners who don't have the internet are screwed.

# 160 countryboy @ 01/27/10 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
you take your PS3 to someplace and hook it up online and then get the DLC.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.