Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the new Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshots.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jeffy777 @ 01/26/10 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Graphics look much improved this year. I am sure there will be camera options. They had them last year. Can't wait to see the game in motion.
Yeah, there were a ton of camera options last year. You could zoom, raise, pan, etc. I hope they kept those options in.

# 42 Blzer @ 01/26/10 12:45 AM
Quote:
Graphics look much improved this year.
Agreed. Definitely have more of a 2K7 look to them. Framerate flow remains to be seen.

Quote:
I am sure there will be camera options. They had them last year.
I'm hoping so. I never rented 2K9 retail (only played the demo) so I never got to mess with camera settings. I hope there's something suitable that will raise the camera to the batter's feet on the bottom of the screen.

# 43 jeffy777 @ 01/26/10 12:46 AM
Screens look better than 2K9. Looking forward to seeing some vids.

# 44 KeMiKaL @ 01/26/10 12:49 AM
yea, i just want to see maybe a 2 minutre video or something

# 45 PVarck31 @ 01/26/10 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Agreed. Definitely have more of a 2K7 look to them. Framerate flow remains to be seen.

I'm hoping so. I never rented 2K9 retail (only played the demo) so I never got to mess with camera settings. I hope there's something suitable that will raise the camera to the batter's feet on the bottom of the screen.
Yeah, I was a bit puzzled when I heard about the 30fps framerate. However, in a baseball game I think it could work.

Last year you could move it up,down, and zoom in and out. It was pretty well done. As Jeffy said.

# 46 Artman22 @ 01/26/10 01:02 AM
Looks good so far. The graphics look better then last years. Camera options were available in 2k9 so I'm sure it will be in this one as well. I want to see some gameplay.

# 47 Artman22 @ 01/26/10 01:04 AM
Quote:

I hope this was a foul tapper up the first base line and not a 420 foot blast off of Mickey Mantle's plaque in center field.
This pic looks great. The player models look good including the legs which look right.

# 48 Blzer @ 01/26/10 01:05 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I was a bit puzzled when I heard about the 30fps framerate. However, in a baseball game I think it could work.

Last year you could move it up,down, and zoom in and out. It was pretty well done. As Jeffy said.
By moving up and down, do you mean re-positioning the height, or rotating the angle about the x-axis?

# 49 tadoreo @ 01/26/10 01:07 AM
I also hate the way Yankee Stadium looks. All in all with the jumbotron and the fans. Also did anyone else notice the lights at the top of the stadium they look like paper....come on 2k! Maybe I will change my mind once I see it in action.

# 50 cubsfan203 @ 01/26/10 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
For presentation purposes, instead of just listing attribute numbers they should have his splits up there for a LHP showing avg, etc. Just an observation.
In 2k9 the attributes showed up in an exhibition game or like the very first game in a franchise, then it would show avg splits after the 1st game of the season. I'd assume it would be the same in this one.

# 51 Artman22 @ 01/26/10 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadoreo
I also hate the way Yankee Stadium looks. All in all with the jumbotron and the fans. Also did anyone else notice the lights at the top of the stadium they look like paper....come on 2k! Maybe I will change my mind once I see it in action.
I think the stadium looks good, but I agree that the jumboton needs to be filled. Maybe it's something that they will include next year. My main concern is gameplay at this point..

# 52 PVarck31 @ 01/26/10 01:10 AM
Quote:
By moving up and down, do you mean re-positioning the height, or rotating the angle about the x-axis?
Re-positioning the height.

# 53 jeffy777 @ 01/26/10 01:16 AM
These screens show the camera options in 2K9, there were 10 different height levels and 10 different zoom levels
http://www.operationsports.com/media...age=33#comment

Same options were available for pitching, plus you could move it from side to side and adjust the position:
http://www.operationsports.com/media...age=34#comment

So all in all, it had very flexible camera options. That was one of the things VC did right last year. This year should have the same camera options I would think.

# 54 Blzer @ 01/26/10 01:28 AM
Quote:
Re-positioning the height.
Looking at the screenshots posted from 2K9, it's rotation-based, not position-based.

What I meant was... is it more like holding the camera still and bending up and down (re-positioning), or is it like keeping it stationary and going from eye-level then rotating down to your feet, for instance (rotating).

It's cool though, I'm sure there's something that we could all find. I really just wish they worked on some of those visuals though, because they are having some issues there. We have irrelevant things on the screen (the whole bottom quarter basically), the score overlay is far too low and should probably be at the top of the screen, and I honestly think that either the crowd is truly low-resolution in the outfield (as I saw in the stadium pictures a couple weeks back), or the resolution lowers as you see further away visuals in general.

# 55 PVarck31 @ 01/26/10 01:30 AM
Quote:
Looking at the screenshots posted from 2K9, it's rotation-based, not position-based.

What I meant was... is it more like holding the camera still and bending up and down (re-positioning), or is it like keeping it stationary and going from eye-level then rotating down to your feet, for instance (rotating).

It's cool though, I'm sure there's something that we could all find. I really just wish they worked on some of those visuals though, because they are having some issues there. We have irrelevant things on the screen (the whole bottom quarter basically), the score overlay is far too low and should probably be at the top of the screen, and I honestly think that either the crowd is truly low-resolution in the outfield (as I saw in the stadium pictures a couple weeks back), or the resolution lowers as you see further away visuals in general.
Im lost now Blzer lol

# 56 Blzer @ 01/26/10 01:38 AM
Quote:
Im lost now Blzer lol
Haha no worries, I was just wondering how the camera option worked.

Think of it like this... think of a camera on a tripod. You can adjust the actual height, like have the height's position increase or decrease. You can do that, and you can also zoom with the camera of course. Finally, you can also take the tripod and rotate the camera wherever you want. Up, down, left, right, etc.

Basically, I want to be able to eliminate the bottom part of the screen because that space is wasted and irrelevant, but I don't really want to change the angle too much (as people have said, it's been lowered overall as an angle, which is kind of nice).

# 57 PVarck31 @ 01/26/10 02:02 AM
Quote:
Haha no worries, I was just wondering how the camera option worked.

Think of it like this... think of a camera on a tripod. You can adjust the actual height, like have the height's position increase or decrease. You can do that, and you can also zoom with the camera of course. Finally, you can also take the tripod and rotate the camera wherever you want. Up, down, left, right, etc.

Basically, I want to be able to eliminate the bottom part of the screen because that space is wasted and irrelevant, but I don't really want to change the angle too much (as people have said, it's been lowered overall as an angle, which is kind of nice).
Just zooming in should be what you are looking for then.

# 58 Blzer @ 01/26/10 02:04 AM
Quote:
Just zooming in should be what you are looking for then.
But that will cut off more of the top and change the depth of field.

I just wish they thought a little more about how they did their camera set up.

# 59 PVarck31 @ 01/26/10 02:12 AM
Quote:
But that will cut off more of the top and change the depth of field.

I just wish they thought a little more about how they did their camera set up.
Is this anything like what you are looking for?

http://media.operationsports.com/sho...775-media.jpeg

# 60 Blzer @ 01/26/10 02:20 AM
Nope, I definitely want to see the plate. Like I said, I don't want to rotate the camera, just raise the height.

I mean no one can say that 2K10's default camera makes any sense, neither did 2K9's.

2K8's camera makes sense:

Aside from the score overlay being too low (and disappearing after the ball was put in play), the stationed position made sense. Sure, we could maybe lower the angle if we wanted or control the depth of field, but why on earth would we have a camera where so much of the dirt behind home plate and the batter's feet is shown, and yet some actual relevant information is getting cut off the top and behind the score overlay in 2K10?

I mean obviously I'm complaining to complain right now. If we can adjust camera settings to eliminate the battiness on the developers' end, I'm sure that will be fine. But on the other hand, it makes me wonder what the fielding cam is like, or if they've improved the pitching cam options, or if the demo will turn me off because I can't change the options, etc. It's more of a question of... why? I hope that makes sense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.