Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the new Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshots.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Blzer @ 01/28/10 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Why? Middle inn and thigh high.. That pitch should be crushed.
Off the end of the bat (yes, that's the end and not the fat part) and hitting the top third of the ball. That shouldn't be lifted or crushed.

That's what I mean... despite the pitch location or what have you, they have had issues having the ball hit the bat in the right place. Ugh, I remember WSB 2K3 have the most awkward looking contact on replays.

# 162 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/28/10 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Off the end of the bat (yes, that's the end and not the fat part) and hitting the top third of the ball. That shouldn't be lifted or crushed.

That's what I mean... despite the pitch location or what have you, they have had issues having the ball hit the bat in the right place. Ugh, I remember WSB 2K3 have the most awkward looking contact on replays.

We will just have to wait for game-play videos.

# 163 Blzer @ 01/28/10 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
You do realize that hitting down on the ball does not = ground ball all the time right? Hitting down on the ball creates backspin and backspin means the ball will carry a lot further than one struck on an up swing ( unless you are ridiculously powerful ). Why do you think Sheffield has hit tons of line drive homers?
What the hell? I'm not talking about hitting down or up on the ball, I'm saying he's hitting the top of the ball. That creates top spin, not back spin.

Quote:
And no that isnt off the end of the bat. Thats right on the edge of the sweet spot. Depite popular belief the sweet spot is NOT in the middle of the barrel.
Actually, many people have it in them that the sweet spot is somewhere close to the end of the bat, but not quite at the edge of the bat. I know exactly where it is, and you're right that it's just off the sweet spot (and by "just" I mean it's half a ball's diameter off the sweet spot), but off the sweet spot means either off the handle or off the end, and it's off the end.

Quote:
Move along mr pretend baseball pro.
Moving.

# 164 brendanrfoley @ 01/28/10 09:56 AM
^ I LOL'd.

# 165 Jackdog @ 01/28/10 10:36 AM
This is a screenshot thread. You want to talk bat physics? Do it in the appropriate forum. Thanks.

# 166 strawberryshortcake @ 01/29/10 04:28 AM
I actually think the colors look appropriate.

# 167 Pared @ 01/29/10 09:37 AM
Good post.

There has to be something up with their marketing/media group, because the colors are never consistent from one screenshot to the next video.

Some would say it could be the lighting, but I wouldn't be too sure, again, pointing to NBA 2k10 as my example...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.