Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

According to Ian Cummings, we should see a Madden NFL 11 blog at halftime of the Super Bowl.

Quote:
"The marketing dudes told me today they want me to do a Super Bowl halftime blog for Madden 11. I guess that makes it official!"

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 PantherBeast_OS @ 01/27/10 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Dewd, you're just making that up. Ian's forum has like 5 topics in it, and while others are posting in it, I don't see Ian posting in it. He has all of 7 posts on the forum.
Well the forums are there for Ian personally. I am sure the reason Ian ain't really posted on there yet is because he has been busy on madden. But that forum was made for him to use to keep fans from bashing him. But Ian some time back on twitter said he want be coming back on here and posting like he did this past year after all the abuse he got from fans. He might pop in time from time. But he most likly will post more on his forum once the blogs get going. But don't expect him do the kind of interaction he did last year. But i could be some what wrong. But there was a reason for Ea giving Ian his own Forum to avoid the hassel he got last year from the fans here on OS. But who knows. Time will tell I guess.

# 22 Valdarez @ 01/27/10 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well the forums are there for Ian personally. I am sure the reason Ian ain't really posted on there yet is because he has been busy on madden. But that forum was made for him to use to keep fans from bashing him. But Ian some time back on twitter said he want be coming back on here and posting like he did this past year after all the abuse he got from fans. He might pop in time from time. But he most likly will post more on his forum once the blogs get going. But don't expect him do the kind of interaction he did last year. But i could be some what wrong. But there was a reason for Ea giving Ian his own Forum to avoid the hassel he got last year from the fans here on OS. But who knows. Time will tell I guess.
Somewhat wrong? That's a positive spin on the short story you posted earlier. heh. That forum was there before last year (first post was in 2007), before the interaction on this website and the M10 release.

On Twitter Ian said they were rethinking how fan interaction would work. Still not sure on the outcome of their decision, though I hope it's not through their site only. I don't think they'd get the best feedback that way unless they are simply try to recapture their base. That's not a good business strategy looking forward, so I doubt that's their goal.

Only thing we know at this point is there will at least be blogs. Well, one blog for sure. I was hoping they would do a Q&A session sometime soon. I'm pretty sure they did one for M10 well months before today's date (retroactively speaking that is).

# 23 Rashad19 @ 01/27/10 09:46 AM
Quote:
Somewhat wrong? That's a positive spin on the short story you posted earlier. heh. That forum was there before last year (first post was in 2007), before the interaction on this website and the M10 release.

On Twitter Ian said they were rethinking how fan interaction would work. Still not sure on the outcome of their decision, though I hope it's not through their site only. I don't think they'd get the best feedback that way unless they are simply try to recapture their base. That's not a good business strategy looking forward, so I doubt that's their goal.

Only thing we know at this point is there will at least be blogs. Well, one blog for sure. I was hoping they would do a Q&A session sometime soon. I'm pretty sure they did one for M10 well months before today's date (retroactively speaking that is).

While I don't agree with the few guys who took berating Ian to new heights I do feel a lot of their brutal honesty helped turn Madden 10 in the direction we all want it to go.

Ian's consistent interaction with the OS community and our constructive criticism of actual video footage picked up on many of the small details that Ian's team overlooked.

To me it makes no sense for Ian to rethink the way community interaction is going to happen this development cycle. No matter what he does he will be criticized, there is no way around that. Once he took on his new title it comes with the territory and the only way to avoid it is to not interact with the community. To be honest with some of the blatant errors in videos and pics that get put before us they need community interaction as a form of quality assurance.

# 24 lolfalconsbeatu @ 01/27/10 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Umm don't count on Ian company been on here like last year. Ian has his on forum on EA site now to avoid all the crap people him through last year about the game wasn't right and they complainned about this and that. Ian finally gave up and went to EA site so there can some control over what fans can say and not say. I don't blame Ian one bit avoiding OS after the way some people treated him and his crew. You might be lucky to Phil and Ian once in a blue moon. But most of his posting he will do will be his forums on EA site where things are more controlled. People drove Ian away from here. It hurts. But people went to far and destroyed Ian limb by limb because they was not happy one bit. Ian did everything we wanted him to do. But in the end people just wasn't happy enough to leave him be. So don't expect to much Dev interaction this year on here unless Ian desided to come here time from time and give us a update. But don't expect him to come back on here and take more abuse from the fans. He has done made that pretty clear. I don't blame him one bit.
I agree, the constant scrutiny that he was put under at OS did get ridiculous and overboard with personal attacks. The worst part of the interactions was not really the CONSTANT complaints about the actual Madden NFL 10 game, it was about how much Ian Himself Sucked at life, and should be fired for what people thought of as promotional stunts Ian was pulling. I wouldnt be surprised if Ian did not come back to OS, but I dont think he will post more on EA just because you say its better regulated lol.

This is the Internet, its free, and quite simple to go over to the EA forums, and get the same interaction over there that was over here. OS Didnt do a bad job of banning people, warning, and trying to eliminate the trolls. But as long as there is an internet forum, no matter WHERE Ian tries to get a certain forums 'community' interaction, as long as he is dealing with the general public, and all the consequences is simply getting your FREE user name banned for whatever amount of time--it takes maybe 10 more clicks to create a new user name lol. Thats just the reality. There are a lot of tough guys on the internet because the truth is, they can get away with it.

# 25 djordan @ 01/27/10 11:40 AM
YESSSSSSSSS!

# 26 thudias @ 01/27/10 11:47 AM
Sweet...and then hopefully after that the blogs continue to flow...when did they start last year? was it after the draft?

# 27 Tico Da Great @ 01/27/10 12:05 PM
awesome

# 28 RGiles36 @ 01/27/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Sweet...and then hopefully after that the blogs continue to flow...when did they start last year? was it after the draft?
Nah...if you recall, we started getting blogs around March-ish. By time the draft came, we were given information, press releases, and screenshots, but the blogs started losing steam about that time in my opinion. They weren't as interesting as the first several ones were.

Though we are getting a Super Bowl blog, I'm still not convinced that we'll be treated to weekly blogs like we received last year. It could happen, but I'm not betting on it.

# 29 TreyIM2 @ 01/27/10 01:02 PM
I tweeted that I want to see a gameplay focused blog, this Superbowl halftime. Hopefully, I will be able to read it from my phone since I won't be home for the Bowl.

# 30 Valdarez @ 01/27/10 01:20 PM
First blog was on January 28th last year. That was the 'Everything you See on Sunday' blog (I looked it up heh).

# 31 RGiles36 @ 01/27/10 01:32 PM
Quote:
First blog was on January 28th last year. That was the 'Everything you See on Sunday' blog (I looked it up heh).
If you're referring to Thudias' question, I think he meant the subsequent blogs following the Super Bowl blog.

# 32 Valdarez @ 01/27/10 01:47 PM
Was trying to find a post on the size of the football in M10 and came across this tidbit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Audio in general is near the top of our priority list for next year...but I do still think you will see major improvements once you get your hands on the game compared to 09. The majority of 09 was spent just getting the radio guy out and Tom and Cris in...so for 10 we focused on filling out the areas that were lacking.
Audio's near the top of their list for this year. Definitely a good sign. Hopefully they go the banter route interspersed with play by play call instead of play by play with random commentary thrown in.

# 33 Vikes1 @ 01/27/10 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
OS Didnt do a bad job of banning people, warning, and trying to eliminate the trolls.
I agree with this statement.

In fact I'd say overall, OS did about everything that could be expected to make Operation Sports a good place for the interaction to take place.

It seemed at least to me, the vast majority of posters that where insulting, and added really nothing of value to the discussion, where people with very few posts on OS. People who had really no vested interest in our community. I honestly believe everything that could be done...was, to try to limit the negative impact these people had on the interaction.

As you kind of eluded to Lolfalcon...no way possible to avoid a few dicks on any internet board. They come and go. And for anyone to expect otherwise, is just being naive. So at least imo anyway...cheers to Operation Sports, for doing all it could to make last years interaction with the devs meaningful.

# 34 OrangeCrush @ 01/27/10 06:49 PM
After last year's big letdown (gameplay wise), I'm not so excited for Madden 11, but you never know, maybe this year they will come through, and if the rumor that some old 2K sports staff may be working on Madden 11, that can only be good news.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.