Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has posted another Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight. This one features Franchise Mode.

Quote:
"So let’s get into it! This year we added 40 Man Rosters/September Call-Ups, Compensation Picks, Spring Training, Trade Finder, Player Finder, Super Sim, Franchise Blogs, Variable Contracts and MLB Today presentation (we’ll also have a lot more about this in an upcoming Insight). I’ll go into a few of these new features in more depth later on in this write-up."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/27/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
This game is sounding better and better. As long as the on field gameplay is improved, it looks like we will have 2 good games this year.

Can't wait for the MLB Today insight on Friday.

Total agreement.

Check swings does hurt, but I am still holding out hope it is in classic swing. Or either remedied/patched in.

# 42 PVarck31 @ 01/27/10 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Total agreement.

Check swings does hurt, but I am still holding out hope it is in classic swing. Or either remedied/patched in.
Yeah, I prefer classic swing anyway. But hope its patched in one way or the other.

# 43 bwiggy33 @ 01/27/10 05:24 PM
Well looks like all I need to know now is if the gameplay will be good. Franchise mode sounds rock solid as long as no glitches occur.

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for September call ups and compensation picks. I've also been waiting for spring training since MVP 05.

God I hope the gameplay is good because this game really sounds like it could be a good one. It should be since they did have the full development cycle along with not having the switching producers problem like last year.

# 44 SoxFan01605 @ 01/27/10 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
like i said in another thread. Agenda. Its just something thats going to be there.

lol...there is so much irony with you posting this, I don't even know where to begin.

Some good stuff in this insight. I like some of the additions they added for off-season. Also full editing being back is a big plus. Hopefully, as someone already said, it's stable...that's been a big problem for a while now. If so, then franchise should be good to go.

I'd imagine within a couple weeks or so we should start seeing at least some game play footage. Hopefully it will be positive and tie this all together.

# 45 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/27/10 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
Look at this, heh.. http://twitpic.com/102a81
Could this be another camera angle, or is the TV causing the camera angle to look the way it does?

# 46 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/27/10 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Could this be another camera angle, or is the TV causing the camera angle to look the way it does?

Same camera angle, just not in wide-screen.

Why they are playing on an SDTV is baffling.

# 47 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/27/10 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Same camera angle, just not in wide-screen.

Why they are playing on an SDTV is baffling.
My 1st thought was WTH lol

# 48 Trevytrev11 @ 01/27/10 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
The only other sports game i talk bad about is Madden. I dont go into that section and say it over and over though. Show me a post in NBA Live, NHL10, NCAA or The Show of me bashing it? I said my peace on the game and i MOVED on. I am a much much bigger football fan then i am a baseball fan. I have played football games since the early 80's.

I have admitted that 2K9 was not polished at all. So if thats irony, then awesome. Check my history. i be here on and off all day.
Just drop it man. I'm sure you wouldn't want this bickering going on at the 2K boards, so just leave it be here.

# 49 dansaint @ 01/27/10 07:15 PM
have September call ups ever been in a console game? I can't recall if High Heat or ASB had it or not?

# 50 Blzer @ 01/27/10 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint
have September call ups ever been in a console game? I can't recall if High Heat or ASB had it or not?
MLB 09: The Show

ASB 2005 might have had it as well.

# 51 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/27/10 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint

ASB did have it, The Show did it last year.

# 52 SoxFan01605 @ 01/27/10 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
MLB 09: The Show

ASB 2005 might have had it as well.
Yup...the list is short, that's for sure. It's definitely a strong addition to the game.

ASB is still my benchmark for details. It's amazing how much they got right (and they kind of flew under the mainstream radar too) off-the-field. Now, on-the-field...lol...well, hit-or-miss would be a one way of putting it.

# 53 countryboy @ 01/27/10 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfan82
"so good luck getting the Diamondbacks to part with a young superstar like Felix Hernandez"

lol, shows how much they know

When I read it, the statement reads...."so good luck getting the Mariners to part with a young superstar like Felix Hernandez"

I guess they changed it.

# 54 countryboy @ 01/27/10 07:43 PM
Great to see 2k getting the franchise mode up to par. Does it have everything? No...but it doesn't need to at this point. Playable and deep is what they should've focused on this time around and thats exactly what they did. Next year they can add the next step or two, then the next and then the next in the years to follow.

If gameplay is solid, which I expect it to be, then this game is going to be as solid as they come, and 360 only owners should be extremely pleased with the effort and excited for March.

Don't look now boys, but we have TWO baseball games to look forward to this upcoming season. Damn...what a great feeling.

Great job 2k devs.

# 55 stlstudios189 @ 01/27/10 07:44 PM
see this is why I preordered the game 2 weeks ago

# 56 SoxFan01605 @ 01/27/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

When I read it, the statement reads...."so good luck getting the Mariners to part with a young superstar like Felix Hernandez"

I guess they changed it.
Same here. I'm sure it was probably just a typo if that's what was there (maybe he was thinking D-Backs so that's what got typed...happens to me all the time...lol!).

# 57 SHC33 @ 01/27/10 08:25 PM
To the guy who said he preordered it. Do you get anything extra for that like some DLC.

# 58 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/27/10 08:27 PM
Looks like I will be picking this up for PC when I grab the Show.

# 59 MizzouRah @ 01/27/10 08:47 PM
Player finder is excellent!

# 60 queensbomber @ 01/27/10 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
It's just natural especially now that 2K seems to be adding features that are also in the Show. People are going to naturally compare whether the feature is the same and whether it's as good or not.

People who buy Honda Accords make comparrisons to Toyota Camry's. It's just logical to do so.
Its exciting! Its like it was a few years ago when there was no exclusive licensing and we a crop of games to choose from and compare. MVP, ESPN, All Star Baseball, Inside Pitch..., etc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.