Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

ESPN has posted an interview with Strikeforce heavyweight Bobby Lashley, as they talk about EA Sports MMA, among other things, including a few more screenshots.

Quote:
"Robinson: Getting back to the 'MMA' game, what do you think is the toughest part of MMA to capture in a video game?

Lashley: Emotion. I think that's always something that's hard to capture in any game. But if they can somehow add an aggression level and momentum, that would be huge, because when you're out there for real and you hit someone with a good shot, your aggression is going to be up and your momentum is going to be up and you're going to be rockin' and rollin'. If they could put that in the game, that would be cool."

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PBlast @ 01/28/10 03:08 PM
Screenshots look slick!

# 2 TheShizNo1 @ 01/28/10 03:50 PM
Nice. Glad to see it is gonna be different from UFC so I won't be spending money on the same game twice basically.

# 3 aholbert32 @ 01/28/10 04:17 PM
We are up to 25 fighters in the game now with the addition of Lashley.

Bobby Lashley, Shinya Aoki, Hidehiko Yoshida, Cung Le, Gilbert Melendez, Robbie Lawler, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, Matt Lindland, Scott Smith, Josh Thomson, Nick Thompson, Brett Rogers, Jake Shields, Frank Shamrock, Fedor Emelianenko, Randy Couture, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, Gegard Mousasi, Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Nick Diaz, Marius Zaromskis and Joe Riggs and Jay Hieron.

# 4 Sherman91587 @ 01/28/10 04:24 PM
Nice Lesnar in UFC and Lashley in EAs game.

They really need to make a good TNA game and then I would be set.

# 5 BlueNGold @ 01/28/10 05:48 PM

I haven't even read the article yet but holy ****. That looks nice.

# 6 kennyacid @ 02/02/10 12:22 AM
Cant wait

# 7 allBthere @ 02/03/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold

I haven't even read the article yet but holy ****. That looks nice.
I think the bottom two look like water-colour style. And the top one looks very much like UFC (which is a good thing for EA).

#1 gameplay
#2 career (creative and in depth)

# 8 Sandman42 @ 02/03/10 10:39 PM

# 9 aholbert32 @ 02/03/10 10:57 PM
"The game, available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms, is expected to be released in late summer 2010."

Late summer? They are releasing this game AFTER Undisputed 2.

# 10 aholbert32 @ 02/04/10 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I guess everybody lied about the UFC owning your video game likeness for life if you appeared in Undisputed 2009.

# 11 mgoblue @ 02/05/10 06:34 PM
Do we know anything of how the gameplay will work on this one yet?

# 12 jeremym480 @ 02/08/10 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
thats a terrible move by EA if they put it out AFTER UFC Undisputed 2. A lot of people aren't going to want to pay for 2 MMA games (some will) and on top of that not having the UFC name (which is the most recognizable MMA organization) along with a roster not nearly as good as Undisputed 2 is going to hurt as well.

I would have given this game a try if it were coming out soon but no way i'm buying it now. I'll have MLB the Show, UFC Undisputed 2010, NCAA Football 11 & possibly Madden 11 (if i give them another chance which is iffy) by the time the EA MMA game comes out so i'm not going to buy this game if i wont play it which i prob wont since the guys i want to use will be in the UFC game.
I agree. My biggest game problem of 09 was getting too many games at once and not being able to enjoy them like I should. I'm not going to do that this year. So, while I am intrigued by this game, I seriously doubt that it will be a day 1 or even a month 1 purchase for me. Hell, I'll probably wait 6-8 months and get it once the price drops and I'm over the Undisputed 2.

# 13 Phobia @ 02/08/10 11:43 AM
Yea I am in agreement with everyone saying the bad move by EA. I am not going to buy two MMA games this year. I might pick up EA MMA used down the road but even that is a big "IF".

UFC 2010 is going to be my MMA game. I loved 2009 and 2010 from everything being released info wise is sound fantastic. Mutliple places now I have read just how smooth everything looks. Where 2009 had a rigidness to the combat, I am very pumped about them smoothing it out.

Then cage work, 100s of fighters, the perfect balance of 2009, new styles, more freedom of moves, on and on. I need to stop before I go into the career mode which by the sounds of it is going to be SWEET also.

UFC 2010 FTW!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.