Home
MLB 10 News Post

Pasta Padre will be posting some of his own exclusive screenshots of MLB '10: The Show throughout the week. He's posted 7 of his 19 screenshots, tonight.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JermaineDye05 @ 02/01/10 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
It looks GREEEEEEEEEEEAT - as Tony-the-Tiger would say.

...is it just me or do the Cubs alternate jerseys (dark blue) look a lot better this year. It seems as though the 'lettering & name' look a lot nicer (the white outline looks thicker and great!)

Maybe it's just me, but the jersey just looks better.
Not a Cub fan (Sox), but I would like to see if they got the away hats right. I seem to recall them missing the red brims in MLB 09

# 22 JermaineDye05 @ 02/01/10 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Is that even Beckham? Doesn't he have blonde hair or am I wrong? The player in the pic looks to have dark hair. Maybe I just need glasses
I see it too. It's hard to tell though from that angle. It could just be that they have yet to update some of the player models right now. I'm not gonna read too much into it. I'm more excited about the glove varieties right now. So much better to have more options than simply black, brown, tan, blue, and red.

# 23 PLite14 @ 02/01/10 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
Not a Cub fan (Sox), but I would like to see if they got the away hats right. I seem to recall them missing the red brims in MLB 09
The Cubs got rid of the red-brimmed hats and helmets in 2009

# 24 HokieB @ 02/01/10 10:38 PM
The night lighting looks to be improved.

# 25 JermaineDye05 @ 02/01/10 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14
The Cubs got rid of the red-brimmed hats and helmets in 2009

# 26 strawberryshortcake @ 02/01/10 11:41 PM
Two parts of the catcher's gear is incorrect, as always.

They need to be corrected.
(1) Catcher's chest protector is actually LARGER than real life. View footage of MLB The Show's catcher and his real life counterpart. The MLB catcher's chest protector is suppose to be smaller and tightly wrapped.

(2) Catcher's chest protector "strap" that wraps around the back FLOATS. In essence, this "strap" doesn't look "functional" but merely a "place holder" of sort. I am surprised no one has spotted this yet. And upon further examination, even the shin-guard "straps" float (not as bad though). But the element of "functionality" does not translate well if they "float" or are "loose."

The "other" game actually has both of these elements done properly.

The following photograph only illustration the comparison of the floating "strap."

# 27 Woodweaver @ 02/01/10 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

(1) Catcher's chest protector is actually LARGER than real life. View footage of MLB The Show's catcher and his real life counterpart. The MLB catcher's chest protector is suppose to be smaller and tightly wrapped.

(2) Catcher's chest protector "strap" that wraps around the back FLOATS. In essence, this "strap" doesn't look "functional" but merely a "place holder" of sort. I am surprised no one has spotted this yet. And upon further examination, even the shin-guard "straps" float (not as bad though). But the element of "functionality" does not translate well if they "float" or are "loose."

The following photograph only illustration the comparison of the floating "strap."
They are purposely built out this way for very specific technical reasons.

# 28 Senor_Herbatron @ 02/01/10 11:56 PM
Very apparent Russell and SCEA think more highly of OS

# 29 Tommyklaid @ 02/01/10 11:57 PM
Quote:

Another reference to the "other game" ...but please stay out of our threads if you're just going to gripe and make comparisons to stir things up...there's no room for that here bud.

# 30 ParisB @ 02/02/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I can't believe he went through all that ( putting together a digital collage ) to prove such a thing.. It's not sane behavior.

haha, seriously....i mean, is this what is has come down to? The Show is so perfect that we have to take snapshots and over analyze the lengths of shoelaces or something ridiculous?

You know The Show is doing it right when it comes down to that....some guys just look for reasons to not enjoy things.

The game is looking AMAZING!!

# 31 strawberryshortcake @ 02/02/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
Another reference to the "other game" ...but please stay out of our threads if you're just going to gripe and make comparisons to stir things up...there's no room for that here bud.
My intentions is not to stir things up.

My intentions are for the good of the game. I personally LOVE "The Show". It is THE reason why I got back into gaming. It is THE reason why I prefer the PS3.

The reason why I bring up the "other" is because it is to give an example where it's been done before. If I didn't care about "The Show," I would not have said anything about the "Floating Strap."

"MLB The Show" preaches authenticity and the "little" things. I am simply acknowledging that there is a problem with the "little" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
He doesn't have a clue how these things are programmed, so let him be the expert.
I am not a programmer and I certainly cannot admit to knowing the technical reason why this "floating strap" exist. But I will say that I am a very detailed, visual person.

cc23klaid has made assumptions of what my intentions were. If that is the case, I'm not sure how I would go about not stepping on any toes with what I am about to say. I don't want to step on any toes, I simply want "The Show" to continue to excel. On top of what cc23klaid has said, Woodweaver also stated "They are purposely built out this way for very specific technical reasons." Here goes (my apologies), if the "other" game (again, not meant to start anything, but simply pointing out what another game has been able to accomplished) is able to not include the "floating strap" but the catcher also functions as a catcher, it simply makes me wondering "what these very specific technical reasons" could be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
haha, seriously....i mean, is this what is has come down to? The Show is so perfect that we have to take snapshots and over analyze the lengths of shoelaces or something ridiculous?

You know The Show is doing it right when it comes down to that....some guys just look for reasons to not enjoy things.

The game is looking AMAZING!!
Yes, "The Show" does in fact look AMAZING. But the reason why it's pointed out is because "The Show" themselves talks about "The Little Things." There's really nothing more to it. I want the game to improve with each installment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I can't believe he went through all that ( putting together a digital collage ) to prove such a thing.. It's not sane behavior.
I don't see what's wrong with it. If I simply mentioned that "floating strap," what would you have thought I was talking about it. A visual digital collage gets the point across easier, with EVIDENCE.

# 32 PLite14 @ 02/02/10 12:15 AM
Quote:

I am a perfectionist, and I can honestly tell you that these things are probably the most unimportant I've ever heard. It looks just fine to me, and the fact that the gear 'floats' is undoubtedly just to make sure it doesn't clip with the catcher's body model (which you would be complaining about if that was the case).

# 33 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/02/10 12:21 AM
Quote:
*SNIP*

Like good 'ole momma used to say, "boy, if that is your greatest problem and concern, everything is going to be just fine".

# 34 HustlinOwl @ 02/02/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtz
Very apparent Russell and SCEA think more highly of OS
right

# 35 Galvatron @ 02/02/10 12:37 AM
Quote:
I am a perfectionist, and I can honestly tell you that these things are probably the most unimportant I've ever heard. It looks just fine to me, and the fact that the gear 'floats' is undoubtedly just to make sure it doesn't clip with the catcher's body model (which you would be complaining about if that was the case).
I thought this was obvious myself, but oh well.

# 36 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/02/10 12:45 AM
This way is better than clipping by far. And is so discernible when you play, compared to clipping would be.

# 37 SmashMan @ 02/02/10 01:01 AM
So glad to see the height of the backstop wall at Wrigley corrected. So, so glad. It was my #1 complaint because it threw everything else out of proportion. I know I wasn't the only one contributing to the stadium feedback thread on Wrigley's behalf, but it's nice to see where specific feedback we offer makes its' way into the game. (Community Day guys excluded, of course. )

Everything looks phenomenal; especially the manager overlay, but I'm just really excited about the Wrigley changes. Can't wait to see more over the coming month!

# 38 PLite14 @ 02/02/10 01:14 AM
Quote:
yes, to most. Just look closely at the managers arms on the dugout rail. Are his arms touching the rail? No. Been like that and collision detection has already been explained.
The devs have really worked on this and you will see the results in the videos.

Some things are capable, some still waiting, but the additions to this game this year are phenomenal. Want to start posting away in the forthcoming "wish list", sure. And this ain't the place for a 2k comparison with all the problems that game has.
I noticed that too, but I just told myself that Dave Trembley was in the process of placing his arms on top of the fence.

# 39 strawberryshortcake @ 02/02/10 01:32 AM
Thank you to all those who have pointed out the reason why the "floating strap" exist. Collision detection is certainly very important. It would be nice if it could be minimize like how it is with the Shin-Guards straps, in a sense making it more "functional." But that's just me.

Quote:
Everyone's different. Point of view, perspective, and priorities. Thank you for pointing that it's a "clipping" issue. Much appreciative. Thank you.

Quote:
yes, to most. Just look closely at the managers arms on the dugout rail. Are his arms touching the rail? No. Been like that and collision detection has already been explained.
The devs have really worked on this and you will see the results in the videos.

Some things are capable, some still waiting, but the additions to this game this year are phenomenal. Want to start posting away in the forthcoming "wish list", sure. And this ain't the place for a 2k comparison with all the problems that game has.
I sure hope you are right in the final product. What I pointed out does not affect gameplay, but figured I point it out because it is a "little thing." I will make use of the "wish list" thread.

The only reason why I mentioned another game (or the "other" one) is because I was reading the "pitching motions need work" thread. Several users brought up comparisons between "The Show" and the "other." My mistake if that's not what we're suppose to do. As I mentioned earlier, my sole intention was to point out the "little things" that if polished out would make "The Show" even better.

How would one go about bringing up problems with "The Show" that are done well in other games without sounding like one is "complaining"? Honest question.

Pitching Motions Need Work
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...need-work.html

# 40 Knight165 @ 02/02/10 01:43 AM
It wasn't that bad IMO.
Yeah....could have worded it better....but no biggie.
Wishlist!

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.