Home
MLB 10 News Post

Patrick wanted me to show you guys some of his day time lighting upgrades this year. In this pic you can see the cloud cover casting shadows on the ground throughout the park. A little tidbit of information you guys don't know about. When you use the setting "cloudy" its not one set of clouds there are actually 5 total cloud settings and you get one at random. Also as the daytime lapses the clouds will move accordingly.

Another pic showing the clouds and lighting changes and J.Hamilton doesn't look bad either.

More cloud cover variations.

Click here to see the rest of them.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 201 beau21 @ 02/03/10 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonax
Does N E 1 know when the DEMO for MLB 10 the Show comes out? I haven't heard anything yet.
Russell has said "about the same time as last year" which was February 5th.

Hopefully tomorrow (4th) but if not, next Thursday (11th) looks like a good possibility.

# 202 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayz0npoint
I hope so cuz last year I started my franchise late cuz the rosters where late with wrong stats lol Arod had 1 career 1 hr lol
Late?
They get done when they are done.

M.K.
Knight165

# 203 nemesis04 @ 02/03/10 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Late?

M.K.
Knight165
Slacker!

# 204 alwayz0npoint @ 02/03/10 01:41 PM
I hope there is no stat glitch lol

# 205 countryboy @ 02/03/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Late?

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Slacker!

# 206 ACE 17 @ 02/03/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
The Yankee Pic, is far and away superior to the other pics in this thread.
That is typical. Are we going to have to hear a Michael Kay homerun call too?

The Rangers ballpark looks really nice. Thank you for the pics.

# 207 Speedy @ 02/03/10 03:00 PM
Quote:
Late?

M.K.
Knight165
They were finished quite earlier than expected if I recall correctly.

# 208 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
They were finished quite earlier than expected if I recall correctly.
Not for some people, I guess!

M.K.
Knight165

# 209 ACE 17 @ 02/03/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
Fingernails on a chalkboard sounds better to me.
Fingernails are not quiet as annoying.

# 210 Tommyklaid @ 02/03/10 03:19 PM
. ..WOW!

...I can't look anymore - cover my eyes...I can't take the teasing
anymore!

# 211 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/03/10 03:19 PM
I hope our settings load automatically when we turn on the game so we don't have to hear any of the default annoucers, and music.

# 212 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/03/10 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE 17
Are we going to have to hear a Michael Kay homerun call too?

I sure hope not, I would rather hear nails on a chalkboard.

True Story.

# 213 EutawStreet @ 02/03/10 04:08 PM
Does anyone know if Russell is going to post anymore screenies today? Also, do we have an official trailer yet?

# 214 bp4baseball @ 02/03/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EutawStreet
Does anyone know if Russell is going to post anymore screenies today? Also, do we have an official trailer yet?
No official trailer yet

# 215 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
yeah Knight, can you just quit your day job so we can have it faster

Seriously, you're doing great. Can you remind me what was the main problem with the delivered one ? Some minor leaguers were fake, isn't it ?
Not this past year.
I managed to get all players real minor leaguers.

M.K.
Knight165

# 216 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 07:52 PM
For you Texas guys.....

Go over to here to view the rest...http://www.thesportsgameguy.com/3-ba...-screen-shots/

M.K.
Knight165

# 217 Hitman3315 @ 02/03/10 08:22 PM
^ I'm a little concerned about the Twins jerseys on those screenshots @ the Sports Game Guy site...

http://www.thesportsgameguy.com/wp-content/gallery/mlb-10-the-show/971262_20100202_790screen004.jpg

That's last year's navy jersey with the old logo on the chest. The Twins (slightly) tweaked everything for this year. The shot of Baker in that gallery is missing the 2010 Target Field patch and it looks like the old left sleeve patch too.

Most people wouldn't care, but I'd be surprised with any oversights on the Twins with Mauer being the posterboy and all.

Game still looks sick.

# 218 CommunityCollege @ 02/03/10 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
Sadly, the uniforms are basically not under the control of SCEA. SCEA is required, as part of their MLB License, to adhere 100% to the MLB Style Guide that is put out each year. While SCEA is forced to abide by the style guide, the individual teams in MLB are apparently not. So if the updates to the uniforms are not in the official Style Guide, the SCEA guys are not able to legally include them.
it's not like its a huge lost

they tweaked the jerseys just a bit

I don't think it should be a make or break type thing for Twins fans.

# 219 Hitman3315 @ 02/04/10 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
Sadly, the uniforms are basically not under the control of SCEA. SCEA is required, as part of their MLB License, to adhere 100% to the MLB Style Guide that is put out each year. While SCEA is forced to abide by the style guide, the individual teams in MLB are apparently not. So if the updates to the uniforms are not in the official Style Guide, the SCEA guys are not able to legally include them.
The Twins' graphic identity is most definitely updated in the MLB style guide. This is 100% confirmed.

In this case, these screenshots don't adhere.

# 220 Hitman3315 @ 02/04/10 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
In terms of the MLB Style Guide itself...I just don't get how it can be so incorrect.

I mean...the Mets have been wearing the all black hats with the black jerseys (and ONLY the black jerseys) since 1999. The Mets introduced a black jersey in 1998 but they only had the blue/black hats. In '99, they added the all black hat.

That was 11 years ago and the MLB Style Guide (if I go by The Show) has the Mets wearing the black/blue hats with the black jerseys and the black hats with the gray road jerseys. It's the opposite and as a Mets fan who watches 99.999999% of their games, I can tell you they have NEVER worn the all black hats with the road grays. Never.

I know I've said this about a million times so I apologize...but it drives me NUTS. And the kicker from '09 was this: in the game they had the base coaches wearing the correct hats.
It's been correct on the MLB Style Guide the last two years: black/royal with road gray jersey, solid black with black jersey.

You're correct that SCEA has made a few mistakes as a result of style guide errors, but I think it's SCEA's fault a lot of the time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.