Home
MLB 10 News Post

Patrick wanted me to show you guys some of his day time lighting upgrades this year. In this pic you can see the cloud cover casting shadows on the ground throughout the park. A little tidbit of information you guys don't know about. When you use the setting "cloudy" its not one set of clouds there are actually 5 total cloud settings and you get one at random. Also as the daytime lapses the clouds will move accordingly.

Another pic showing the clouds and lighting changes and J.Hamilton doesn't look bad either.

More cloud cover variations.

Click here to see the rest of them.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/02/10 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14
eh, I guess it's just because I'm a stickler for details.
Dirt color in the infield is a little too light too while we're at it. I looked back at the Stadium Feedback Forum and someone did post about the LED boards at GABP...too bad they got left out.

# 142 nemesis04 @ 02/02/10 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
ah ok.. it just looked strange. So SCEA said it was an issue that couldn't be fixed?
Here was a response in 08 by Chris on a similar situation at first base where the first baseman had his foot on the foul side of the bag.

"Well, there are a couple of things going on here...neither of which is really an "animation glitch."

The first is an issue with Z-buffer sorting...ie, the order in which elements get drawn to the screen. The way we "draw" the game to the screen, we always draw the players over the base, so that when they step on the base their foot does not disappear into the bag...which works for almost every situation.

Where it does not work so well is in a pic like the one of TB vs CLE, where it appears the 1st baseman's foot is behind the bag (on the foul side). From the angle of this shot it appears incorrect, but from another angle, it would appear correct.

The other issue is AI placement in combination with certain animations. While we do have a target where want the 1b to put his foot during a catch, some animations on some players (scaling can be a factor, as well) might not line up perfectly."

# 143 cmc2of3 @ 02/02/10 09:23 PM
Let me add to the chorus. I'd love to see all the stadiums Ramone.

# 144 Russell_SCEA @ 02/02/10 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14
I actually am betting it is an old build and here's why:

1) I don't see any State Farm ads on the OF walls

2) look at this post by Russell in the Stadium feedback thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eedback-5.html

I think he posted that link with the intent of having the large scoreboard and out-of-town scoreboard changed in 10 (but since I'm not Russell, I can't tell you for sure of his intent with that post).

The build I'm taking the pics on are as up to date as you can get.

# 145 silver540i @ 02/02/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpe1975

It was 1987, and I wasted an entire summer playing Earl Weaver Baseball, driving my parents nuts because I used about 10,000 sheets of dot matrix printer paper printing out stats, boxscores and rosters.

Guess I haven't really grown up much after all.
I lead a parallel life sir. Running a league with 2 other buddies with madeup schedules and fixing stats when in-game issues would pop up.

# 146 brewersfan84 @ 02/02/10 09:28 PM
Thanks for these! Awesome lighting effects, and also the player models look amazing!

# 147 Knight165 @ 02/02/10 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Dirt color in the infield is a little too light too while we're at it. I looked back at the Stadium Feedback Forum and someone did post about the LED boards at GABP...too bad they got left out.
No....more likely they just sprayed the infield in that pic.
You can tell by the ring that goes around the stands....
Here is one...much lighter...the infield is dry.

M.K.
Knight165

# 148 JT30 @ 02/02/10 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Here was a response in 08 by Chris on a similar situation at first base where the first baseman had his foot on the foul side of the bag.

"Well, there are a couple of things going on here...neither of which is really an "animation glitch."

The first is an issue with Z-buffer sorting...ie, the order in which elements get drawn to the screen. The way we "draw" the game to the screen, we always draw the players over the base, so that when they step on the base their foot does not disappear into the bag...which works for almost every situation.

Where it does not work so well is in a pic like the one of TB vs CLE, where it appears the 1st baseman's foot is behind the bag (on the foul side). From the angle of this shot it appears incorrect, but from another angle, it would appear correct.

The other issue is AI placement in combination with certain animations. While we do have a target where want the 1b to put his foot during a catch, some animations on some players (scaling can be a factor, as well) might not line up perfectly."
thanks nem.. sounds like its a complicated fix. no biggie

# 149 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/02/10 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No....more likely they just sprayed the infield in that pic.
You can tell by the ring that goes around the stands....
Here is one...much lighter...the infield is dry.

M.K.
Knight165
Googled it and you're right...I stand corrected. My minor league licensing thread now this...You're keeping me on my toes today Knight. Thanks

# 150 Knight165 @ 02/02/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
In all my years playing games I havenever seen a game that looks as good as this. These pictures are eye candy, cant wait to play this game. Oh yea my ps3 died. I have a ton of stuff on ebay trying to make enought to buy another one.

Wow...that's not good.
You need to make that cash....FAST!.....it's right around the corner!
Did you see Midnight Cowboy?....

M.K.
Knight165

# 151 nemesis04 @ 02/02/10 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yep, that is it. Now it is all coming back. I remember being apart of this conversion.
That was when you used to tout a different baseball avatar!

# 152 cw0615 @ 02/02/10 10:04 PM
Hi developers, fantastic pictures but are you going to upgrade the score boeard to hi def at great american ball park before the final version? It was upgraded to hi def before opening day 2009.

# 153 CubFan23 @ 02/02/10 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw0615
Hi developers, fantastic pictures but are you going to upgrade the score boeard to hi def at great american ball park before the final version? It was upgraded to hi def before opening day 2009.
You obviously didn't read the thread, all the Stadiums are done for 10.

# 154 Knight165 @ 02/02/10 10:17 PM
Well...I gotta say.
Take just about any one part of what has been done for MLB'10 ....the awesome new franchise features...the tons of new animations...the beautiful graphic updates...the online features(did I leave anything out)...and it's a great update...but the sum of parts as a whole..PHENOMENAL.

Thanks Russ for stoking the fire with the pics. Very nice job.
While I love all the graphical updates....I just cannot wait to get into a new franchise. They simply did a great job with this and the waiting is very difficult.
I keep trying to play some games in '09...but I just can't anymore.

M.K.
Knight165

# 155 BravesBoy @ 02/02/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
just cannot wait to get into a new franchise.

M.K.
Knight165
I hear ya Knight. Im soooo ready to hop into franchise, and start it up. Like you i keep tryin to play 09, i jus started a new franchise with the Reds, jus tryin to stay busy until march 2...

# 156 jpup @ 02/02/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
I think they look pretty close. I know they have a LED board now, but I am wow!
That picture is, at least, 3 years old.

# 157 jpup @ 02/02/10 10:42 PM
Quote:
Yeah I notice that it is the new hats that make the logo look bigger. Oh well, I like these hats better. The other hats look to gang bangers looking give the one with the bent bill and I am good go.
I was talking about the first picture of GABP that you posted.

Russell, any chance GABP will be fixed next year? I just wondered why nothing was added considering it was posted in the feedback thread several times and you even mentioned it. I'm not saying GABP looks bad in the game, but it's just not up to date. It seems Wrigley has nearly every minute detail every year, but some stadiums get very little attention. It won't affect me that much, but hopefully you guys can get to it next year.

# 158 Russell_SCEA @ 02/02/10 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
I was talking about the first picture of GABP that you posted.

Russell, any chance GABP will be fixed next year? I just wondered why nothing was added considering it was posted in the feedback thread several times and you even mentioned it. I'm not saying GABP looks bad in the game, but it's just not up to date. It seems Wrigley has nearly every minute detail every year, but some stadiums get very little attention. It won't affect me that much, but hopefully you guys can get to it next year.

It's the nature of the beast we can't find everything and fix everything in one year. If it didn't get enough love in your opinion I'm sure next year will be different.

# 159 jpup @ 02/02/10 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's the nature of the beast we can't find everything and fix everything in one year. If it didn't get enough love in your opinion I'm sure next year will be different.
I understand that, but what are the feedback forums for if not for pointing out things to be corrected. It was "found", but not "fixed." That's OK, but I was just pointing it out. I'll post all the changes about 40 times in the feedback thread this year so GABP can get "fixed" like Turner Field and the cow or whatever.

# 160 CubFan23 @ 02/02/10 10:52 PM
Quote:

While I love all the graphical updates....I just cannot wait to get into a new franchise. They simply did a great job with this and the waiting is very difficult.

M.K.
Knight165
That is how I feel word for word, I was cruising along in my second season then the info for 10 started coming out followed by the pics and it's like why bother with 09, don't get me wrong I absolutely love it, but the new Franchise stuff and graphics are insane!!

March 2nd....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.