Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Gamepro has posted their preview of Major League Baseball 2K10.

Quote:
"One advantage players will notice by having Visual Concepts at the helm for the entire development cycle is the luxury of learning from their successful experiences with NBA 2K10. "Now that we have NHL, NBA and MLB all in house here at Visual Concepts, we have the ability to share resources a lot more," said Bishop. "You can see similarities in navigation and presentation and we want you to have a sense of familiarity with whatever 2K Sports title you pick up. When you play MLB 2K10's My Player mode you'll see a lot of elements that are in common with NBA 2K10's My Player mode. We took a lot of what they did to set the bar and we tried to add elements that made more sense for baseball."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nemesis04 @ 02/03/10 08:12 PM
Thanks for the link.

Everyone keeps saying the same thing. Its gameplay time!!!

# 2 duke776 @ 02/03/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Everyone keeps saying the same thing. Its gameplay time!!!
I agree, but a few days ago Ron said no gameplay videos anytime soon. That doesn't really tell us when to expect them, but it doesn't sound like there will be any for a few weeks.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showt...66#post3005766

# 3 Jamin23 @ 02/03/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I agree, but a few days ago Ron said no gameplay videos anytime soon. That doesn't really tell us when to expect them, but it doesn't sound like there will be any for a few weeks.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showt...66#post3005766
There's only a few weeks left until release.

# 4 Artman22 @ 02/03/10 08:29 PM
Another positive preview, but like many have already stated. I want to see some gameplay footage.

# 5 bonannogiovanni @ 02/03/10 09:13 PM
I don't think we're gonna see some gameplay video before mid-february, probably the game is still under development (85% build?!?) and unpresentable at the moment.

# 6 duke776 @ 02/03/10 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
There's only a few weeks left until release.
Yeah. I meant more 2-3 weeks, which at the latest would be the 24th. I'd imagine by then they'd definitely have some out, because the demo would be coming out shortly(IF released a week before the game like last year). Although we did get gameplay the 13th last year...

Who knows though, that's just all speculation by me, it's just a wait and see thing with 2k.

# 7 PVarck31 @ 02/03/10 10:52 PM
Anyone notice that you never see a preview that says anything about how bad the game is? I'm not saying that this game will be bad, but I really think we need to take these previews with a grain of salt.

I have read so many previews that have pumped me up for a game, only to be let down time and time again. I guess the main point would be GIVE US GAMEPLAY!!!

# 8 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/03/10 10:53 PM
It is almost as if there is an embargo on talking about game-play.

Every preview is saying the same thing. Talking about the fluff, and no direct details on game-play and how it was improved or not over last year.

Getting very redundant. And hope it isn't held out until the last second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Anyone notice that you never see a preview that says anything about how bad the game is? I'm not saying that this game will be bad, but I really think we need to take these previews with a grain of salt.

I have read so many previews that have pumped me up for a game, only to be let down time and time again. I guess the main point would be GIVE US GAMEPLAY!!!
Yes, I get highly suspicious of previews that don't touch base on both sides of the spectrum. And no game-play talks at all, seems every single preview is "spoon-fed" since they all say the same thing, just different sentence structures.

# 9 PVarck31 @ 02/03/10 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I don't think we're gonna see some gameplay video before mid-february, probably the game is still under development (85% build?!?) and unpresentable at the moment.
While you are probably right about the time frame on gameplay vids, I can almost guarantee that the games code has been locked or will be in the next few days.

# 10 rock85 @ 02/04/10 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31

Hey maybe just maybe they fixed what was wrong with the gameplay from last year. Anyway yes bring on some gameplay vids

# 11 PVarck31 @ 02/04/10 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol no joke. If I based my buying decisions off of previews, I'd be preordering every game that's coming out. It's almost like previews even go the extra step to build up a game, as opposed to just simply telling us how things are coming along.

Very deceiving :P
Exactly.

# 12 indigence @ 02/04/10 12:35 AM
I will be buying the show the morning of Mar 2nd. VC will have to prove to me they can make a competent baseball title before I consider buying MLB2K again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

# 13 brendanrfoley @ 02/04/10 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigence
I will be buying the show the morning of Mar 2nd. VC will have to prove to me they can make a competent baseball title before I consider buying MLB2K again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
You've made a few posts like this in the 2K forum. We get it; you won't be burned again.

# 14 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/04/10 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
You've made a few posts like this in the 2K forum. We get it; you won't be burned again.

Please don't bring their forums dirty laundry over here. Especially a fan forum.

# 15 Artman22 @ 02/04/10 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Please don't bring their forums dirty laundry over here. Especially a fan forum.
Who cares????? What's wrong with him telling him that he post the Same thing over and over????? Who are you to tell people what to post???

# 16 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/04/10 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Who cares????? What's wrong with him telling him that he post the Same thing over and over?????

Because that forum has nothing to do with this forum.

Quote:
Who are you to tell people what to post???
Irony.

# 17 Artman22 @ 02/04/10 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Because that forum has nothing to do with this forum.

Irony.
Again who are you to tell people what to post?? Are you a mod?? Is he breaking the TOS??? My point exactly. Let people post what ever they feel like.

# 18 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/04/10 02:12 AM
Quote:
Again who are you to tell people what to post?? Are you a mod?? Is he breaking the TOS??? My point exactly. Let people post what ever they feel like.

I did not tell him what to post, I asked him politely, because it just creates crap like we have now. Getting personal and airing dirty laundry that has nothing to do with this forum. What he says on 2K has no correlation to here.

Hypocrisy.

Get over it

Moving on.

# 19 Artman22 @ 02/04/10 02:17 AM
You always come to these forums and always have have something negative to say, or have attitudes towards members who don't agree with you. It's getting quite old and annoying. I'm not the only one who says this about you. So it would be nice if you chill out. You try to stirr arguments all the time, and It's quite childish.

# 20 PVarck31 @ 02/04/10 02:24 AM
Ok guys, lets chill out. I know everyone wants to see gameplay, including me. Unfortunately we have to wait it out.

Lets keep things civil in the mean time.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.