Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Gameinformer has posted a very detailed live journal on Major League Baseball 2K10.

Quote:
"In the skill point menu, new sections have been added for my pitch types. For instance, I can now spend points on my curveball's speed, control, and movement. One nice really touch is having individual skill points rewarded for pitching, fielding, baserunning, and batting. Unlike MLB: The Show, you won't have to needlessly spend pitching points on drag bunting. It looks like I'll earn bunting points for laying down bunts, and fielding points for actually playing my position. Nice."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/04/10 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Yah, it is. What's wrong with it though? It's washed out because of pic quality, but otherwise it basically looks better in every way compared to last year.
Def better than last year. It does seem very washed out though. I guess we'll see when it comes out.

# 22 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/04/10 07:27 PM
Sounds good. I like that the CPU was aggressive & tried to steal 3rd. Sounds like the AI has been tweaked in a lot of areas. All-Star seems like it will be challenging this year.

The interface & on-screen displays look much more pleasing to the eye then they did last year. The graphics are what they are. VC needs to invest in a new Graphics Engine IMO.

It really looks like the Lighting Engine is gonna be something to watch this year. Though you can't see much, the shadowing here looks nice

Can't wait to see game play action

# 23 dougdeuce @ 02/04/10 08:34 PM
"Seriously people, there's no point in watching the Super Bowl unless you want to see a performance by The Geriatric Who."

"I should note that I could have selected Eephus as a pitch type. I have no idea what this is, but it's max speed is 50 mph. Is that thrown left-handed?"

... and then I stopped reading. Can't someone who knows a thing or two about sports (maybe the sport he's writing about) do an article like this?

# 24 DaveDQ @ 02/04/10 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
"Seriously people, there's no point in watching the Super Bowl unless you want to see a performance by The Geriatric Who."

"I should note that I could have selected Eephus as a pitch type. I have no idea what this is, but it's max speed is 50 mph. Is that thrown left-handed?"

... and then I stopped reading. Can't someone who knows a thing or two about sports (maybe the sport he's writing about) do an article like this?
He's just being sarcastic. A lot of game writers preface their write ups with sarcasm and it does get annoying, but no big deal.

I'm a little concerned with ball/strike ratio. You don't pitch a 9 inning game and have that little amounts of balls. It looks like the difficulty after pro poses a challenge, but more in the CPU hitting better. I just hope it's not 2K9 again with CPU hitting. That's what did me in.

# 25 indigence @ 02/04/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce

Wow, someone gets paid to write a preview and they can't take a minute to google a term they are going to put in their article.

# 26 Bahnzo @ 02/04/10 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm a little concerned with ball/strike ratio. You don't pitch a 9 inning game and have that little amounts of balls. It looks like the difficulty after pro poses a challenge, but more in the CPU hitting better. I just hope it's not 2K9 again with CPU hitting. That's what did me in.
Exactly. I saw this and was hoping it was just playing on a low skill level, but he moved it up and still was throwing 85% strikes. All this new stuff seems great, but it once again appears that 2K has missed the important basics. Sad.

I mean, he even mentions he's not nailing the pitch gestures correctly and still he never walked one batter in all the games he pitched. Somethings still not right here.

# 27 Jamin23 @ 02/04/10 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigence
Wow, someone gets paid to write a preview and they can't take a minute to google a term they are going to put in their article.
No one even throws the Ephesus. At least no one that I know of.

# 28 indigence @ 02/04/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Exactly. I saw this and was hoping it was just playing on a low skill level, but he moved it up and still was throwing 85% strikes. All this new stuff seems great, but it once again appears that 2K has missed the important basics. Sad.

I mean, he even mentions he's not nailing the pitch gestures correctly and still he never walked one batter in all the games he pitched. Somethings still not right here.
Isn't the 2K mantra the pitcher and hitter matchup. I thought that was what was supposed to set the game apart. Sounds like they didn't tell the developers this.
This is straight off 2K's website
Spoiler

# 29 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/04/10 09:39 PM
Come on people. Obviously the writer of the blog really has no clue on what's he's doing, hence making it the developer's fault as usual.

Boy the hate for this series is stronger than Darth Vader's hate towards the empire..

# 30 humaca80 @ 02/04/10 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
No one even throws the Ephesus. At least no one that I know of.
Last pitcher to throw it was Orlando Hernandez I believe.

# 31 humaca80 @ 02/04/10 09:44 PM
That first pitchers cam pic is quite discouraging in my opinion. Looks like a PS2/xbox game.

# 32 Blzer @ 02/04/10 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgamer
The graphics don't look like PS3 or XBOX 360 quality
I'm not going to say that they are going to blow you away, but these screenshots look like crap for the sake of how they were shot and uploaded. They look like they were taken from a crappy camera and all of that jazz. The game won't look like this on your TV.

# 33 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/04/10 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm not going to say that they are going to blow you away, but these screenshots look like crap for the sake of how they were shot and uploaded. They look like they were taken from a crappy camera and all of that jazz. The game won't look like this on your TV.
Thank You... I can a picture of 2k9 right now post-it & will probably look better than what's posted on GI.

# 34 humaca80 @ 02/04/10 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yeah you're definately right blaZe, why would 2k approve of these doodoo images??

# 35 Blzer @ 02/04/10 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
Yeah you're definately right blaZe, why would 2k approve of these doodoo images??
Because the MLB wouldn't.

# 36 jeffy777 @ 02/04/10 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
That first pitchers cam pic is quite discouraging in my opinion. Looks like a PS2/xbox game.
Guess you haven't played a baseball game on the original xbox for awhile.....

I'm not saying these images are great, but they are better than xbox quality, and it's obvious they were taken with a crap camera.

# 37 King Gro23 @ 02/04/10 10:38 PM
why would you as a pitcher in my player intentionally try to walk someone ? that makes no sense. And to the fella who said no walks. Its a user-only pitching with the mindset of i have nothing overpowering here. Im just going to attack the zone enough to where im not laying meatballs & let my teammates make a play. That is the reason for no balls or walks.

& to the guy who questioned 2ks quote about the batter vs pitcher duel .. it clearly says battle. The user is having battles obviously if he is chuckin around 90 balls a game. and still not pitching Sim style.

# 38 indigence @ 02/04/10 10:55 PM
Here is a real gameplay pic of 2K10

# 39 Skyboxer @ 02/04/10 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanlover
Well Looks like little has changed from last years game..
Again===NO WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Unreal...
Sad..
Again check MMChrisS hands on. He threw a walk and more than likely with the right settings we can get decent walks.
I hope.

# 40 Jamin23 @ 02/04/10 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Again check MMChrisS hands on. He threw a walk and more than likely with the right settings we can get decent walks.
I hope.
That's what sliders are for.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.