A better resolution, can be found here.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Skyboxer @ 02/06/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
I'm trading in my 360 for a PS3, I gotta have this game.
To each their own but don't get screwed. I would sell it rather than trade it in.
No way I could (at this point) go PS3 only but I'm not you

# 62 silencio @ 02/06/10 02:50 PM
Was this guy playing pitching for both teams? I didn't see any kind of throwing meter or aid in where the ball would land.. perhaps it was on manual fielding? That camera for fielding will take a few games to sink in I'm sure..

# 63 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/10 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silencio
Was this guy playing pitching for both teams? I didn't see any kind of throwing meter or aid in where the ball would land.. perhaps it was on manual fielding? That camera for fielding will take a few games to sink in I'm sure..

I think it was CPU vs CPU.

# 64 Blzer @ 02/06/10 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldu
So, is the commentary not all in, in this version we are watching? They seem very quiet. I would love to hear them just talk instead of the long pauses and then they all take turns speaking.
Like I said earlier (and it needs to be verified), I think it might have to do with the way RTP is coded in versus how the game's commentary normally loads up.

For instance, here are the only times that Dave or Rex will say anything (and they never feed off each other, so only one of them will say something per "action"):

- Pre-game
- After a pitch
- After a play (if there is a cut-scene)
- During a replay

Otherwise, I can't really think of any other time that they talk. They won't do it mid-play with Matty V., they won't chime off each other in replays (neither will Matt), and so it all seems to form together that way. So like I said, the audio comes in because of what they're loading as a result.

If it's after a pitch, I guess Rex and Dave wait in queue for Matt to finish and then their audio bit will load up. If it's after a play, their audio ties in with the game loading the cut-scene. Same goes for a replay. This is why we're not hearing anything with the camera cuts in RTP, because it's just camera changes during the same streamed loading bit as when the ball was put in play, there isn't a cut-scene involved. Therefore, there is nothing to cue for Soup or Hud.

So my question to Russ was if this is what the case is, and if so since this video is old if they have addressed it. Also, is this the only case of there being RTP or is there more than this? As we saw, after the foul ball it didn't stay in the same stream, they reloaded up the batter and pitcher with the ball. As of now RTP still seems limited, though done well (except the commentary thing), but hopefully next year they expand it to full innings if possible like 2K was trying to do (though it was so messed up I don't think I would like it in if they couldn't do it right).

I have to stop typing such long posts to get a point across.

# 65 CoreyMac @ 02/06/10 03:01 PM
If the RTP = More breaks between Rex's comments, then by God RTP will never be turned off for me.

# 66 Blzer @ 02/06/10 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I think it was CPU vs CPU.
Yeah, definitely no user control (unless it's MOM). They still have the "SWING INFO" indicator at the bottom, so either that's accessible in CPU vs. CPU or it's a better indication that it's MOM. But it's definitely not user controlled on the Twins' side because otherwise you would see some sort of indicators, and it's not on the Tigers' side either because you would see a highlighted icon on the baserunner graphic for which runner you're controlling.

# 67 nemesis04 @ 02/06/10 03:02 PM
There is going to be down time in the commentary this year as the RTP plays out.

# 68 CoreyMac @ 02/06/10 03:03 PM
How to make MLB 11 Perfect: Ball girls/boys down the foul lines, Calling off other fielders for fly balls, Computer controlled teams for Online Franchise mode (Ala Madden), Rex Hudler's dismissal.

# 69 bp4baseball @ 02/06/10 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac
How to make MLB 11 Perfect: Ball girls/boys down the foul lines, Calling off other fielders for fly balls, Computer controlled teams for Online Franchise mode (Ala Madden), Rex Hudler's dismissal.
This isn't a wish list thread, but those are good ideas

# 70 CoreyMac @ 02/06/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
This isn't a wish list thread, but those are good ideas
I know its not, but the videos with the silence of Rex during the RTP made me think about the possibility of him going away lol

# 71 Speedy @ 02/06/10 03:09 PM
I'm loving the RTP more and more.

Also, I hope the stances aren't the updated ones for this year b/c some of them are incorrect. An example would be Brandon Inge - here is his actual stance, compared to the game's version which is almost like Carlos Guillen's.

# 72 bp4baseball @ 02/06/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac
I know its not, but the videos with the silence of Rex during the RTP made me think about the possibility of him going away lol
lol. I think the extra silence in RTP will be nice

# 73 CommunityCollege @ 02/06/10 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Anything is possible! No one says it has to be the WS teams. Actually I would like it if they mixed it up a little.
these two teams (tigers, twins) are boring for me

why not Yankees VS. Phillies?

# 74 nemesis04 @ 02/06/10 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
these two teams (tigers, twins) are boring for me

why not Yankees VS. Phillies?
I am assuming it will be Yanks and Phils but it would be nice they did different teams instead of just the WS winners. That's all I am saying. Also, I am sure there are a ton of people who will despise playing those two teams just as you are bored with the other two you mentioned.

# 75 nemesis04 @ 02/06/10 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Yung Stars
Yo the batting gloves on Miguel Cabrera are spot on I love the white batting gloves ..
Yo, I am hearing ya!

# 76 vegasmike @ 02/06/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major
Ok, Now I'm ready for this game!

Could be me, but it seem hard to pick up the ball off the bat.

Thank you for the link!
I thought the exact same thing. I mainly use the behind the catcher view.

# 77 Otto Kretschmer @ 02/06/10 04:02 PM
take a look at 3:50 and look closely at the runner running through the first basemen.

# 78 nemesis04 @ 02/06/10 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Kretschmer
take a look at 3:50 and look closely at the runner running through the first basemen.
You are still going to see this occasionally in the game. It is better but still occurs.

# 79 Bahnzo @ 02/06/10 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
No, just pointing out the CPU is not flawless like some some people feel. Its a good thing!
I think maybe your directing that at me?

This wasn't what I keep talking about however. I'm well aware that the outfielders can (and do) make poor decisions in their pathing to the ball. It's their perfect play of the ball when it bounces off the wall that I wish would get some attention.

When a ball goes into the corner, the AI is always in the perfect position to play the carom. You never see them get the angle wrong, you never see them get the distance wrong. In fact, as soon as the ball is hit, the CPU knows where it's going and runs directly to that spot even before it gets to the wall. It's a small issue, but one of those things that needs to be improved upon to keep this game the best ever made.

# 80 nemesis04 @ 02/06/10 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I think maybe your directing that at me?

This wasn't what I keep talking about however. I'm well aware that the outfielders can (and do) make poor decisions in their pathing to the ball. It's their perfect play of the ball when it bounces off the wall that I wish would get some attention.

When a ball goes into the corner, the AI is always in the perfect position to play the carom. You never see them get the angle wrong, you never see them get the distance wrong. In fact, as soon as the ball is hit, the CPU knows where it's going and runs directly to that spot even before it gets to the wall. It's a small issue, but one of those things that needs to be improved upon to keep this game the best ever made.
I was not actually, lol! I know the specific situation you are referring to.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.