A better resolution, can be found here.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Spaced Ace @ 02/06/10 04:19 PM
Wow.... that's all I got. Amazing.

# 82 sandmac @ 02/06/10 04:31 PM
Seems like the crowd audio has been upgraded. Maybe its just more noticeable with the RTP breaks. Though I'm not sure why the home crowd would groan at the visitors grounding out to 2nd...(1:28)?!

# 83 sandmac @ 02/06/10 04:38 PM
For those that have commented on the pitcher's release looking "off", it may be the result of the slight shift in the behind the pitcher view for this year. It's not so much that Baker's animation is wrong, it's just that it's positioned incorrectly. If you break it down, it would in fact appear correct if he was pitching to a catcher that was positioned several inches to the LEFT. So the trajectory of the pitch takes an unnatural path over to the right. This is why the animation reads wrong.

# 84 Spring Rubber @ 02/06/10 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Yung Stars
Am glad to see the real umpires back in the game, I hope country boy Joe West is in the game
Aren't the umpires fake? I'm pretty sure they have to be fake since they're obviously not part of the MLBPA.

# 85 rckabillyRaider @ 02/06/10 05:00 PM
WOW. Gets more amazing with each video that is released.

On a silly note...............where was the chick in stands heading at 0:34???? LOL. She didnt go up the steps right next to her or even the steps at end of her row?? Great stuff though!

# 86 Ninjoid @ 02/06/10 05:17 PM
I'm just too excited...a grown man, wimpering and wishing a month of my life away...only a game like this can do that....back to wimpering it is then....

# 87 Motown @ 02/06/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Yung Stars
I thought they had real ones ?
nope...but i DID hear some new strike calls in the clip

# 88 Reaman @ 02/06/10 06:08 PM
Thank you stiflr!

# 89 pdawg17 @ 02/06/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
For those that have commented on the pitcher's release looking "off", it may be the result of the slight shift in the behind the pitcher view for this year. It's not so much that Baker's animation is wrong, it's just that it's positioned incorrectly. If you break it down, it would in fact appear correct if he was pitching to a catcher that was positioned several inches to the LEFT. So the trajectory of the pitch takes an unnatural path over to the right. This is why the animation reads wrong.
Hmmm...good observation...maybe that is it...

# 90 countryboy @ 02/06/10 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
these two teams (tigers, twins) are boring for me

why not Yankees VS. Phillies?
because the Yankees and Phillies are boring to me.

# 91 Artman22 @ 02/06/10 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
because the Yankees and Phillies are boring to me.

# 92 Artman22 @ 02/06/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
nope...but i DID hear some new strike calls in the clip
You're right. I heard them as well.

# 93 Blzer @ 02/06/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
It could be they are just letting some crowd noise take over for a change. See how short and un-technical things may be sometimes?
Could be. We'll see when RTP is off if it's the same silence or if they chime in during the loaded cut-scenes.

# 94 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/10 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Could be. We'll see when RTP is off if it's the same silence or if they chime in during the loaded cut-scenes.
What does that prove? Jim still said in RTP mode, let's have it a little quieter. And lots on here even asked for this. Some of the biggest complaints were there was too much chatter.

Just because it is business as usual with RTP off doesn't mean there has to be a technical hoop to jump through. I am sure they can play audio over a camera scene if they wanted to.

# 95 Yanks1971 @ 02/06/10 08:39 PM
That shot to Right center at the end was a rope .

# 96 Bahnzo @ 02/06/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Me.....(uncomfortably), well how about in RTP we hear more silence perhaps, just let the crowd, crowd noise shine through?
Devs..(Now not pointing to the exit, but giving it some thought)

It could be they are just letting some crowd noise take over for a change. See how short and un-technical things may be sometimes?
This is what the game needs. Instead of the color guy saying something after *every* pitch, he needs to just let Matt call the game and inject something here and there when it's needed.

# 97 HokieB @ 02/06/10 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
What does that prove? Jim still said in RTP mode, let's have it a little quieter. And lots on here even asked for this. Some of the biggest complaints were there was too much chatter.

Just because it is business as usual with RTP off doesn't mean there has to be a technical hoop to jump through. I am sure they can play audio over a camera scene if they wanted to.
I'm personally going to miss some of the chatter. After Guillen grounded out, Soup or Rex would have said something like "they get the runner over to third, but with two outs it doesn't help them all that much." I like that kind of chatter. I think Blzer is right that the commentary is tied to the cut scene. I'm sure they can program it to fit RTP, but doesn't sound like they've done it in this build.

Oh, and I hate friggen' snow! (sorry, had to vent)

# 98 Skyboxer @ 02/06/10 09:04 PM
I prefer less chatter and more ambient sounds. I know some may think I'm nuts but I'll as usual have the announcers off. I really just like playing the game as if I'm in the stadium...

# 99 badmrfrosty7 @ 02/06/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I'm the same way. If I wanna hear commentators, I'll watch a game on TV. I wanna feel like I'm playing MLB The Show - not watching it.
I think that's the charm of in-depth presentation though. To feel as though your game is BEING broadcasted. Although I do agree with having those silent moments and just letting the crowd take over, but that's ordinarily only done for dramatic moments like a pitcher about to have get out of a bases loaded jam or something.

It'd be nice to see them implement that silence to those specific moments, but otherwise it seems as though there's more dead-air than there should be. But it's a one step at a time thing though. I'm sure the commentary will get a ton of love as the presentation continues to get better.

# 100 ckarlic @ 02/06/10 09:37 PM
Looks awesome. Thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.