Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Quick Hits
  • Want to bring emotion of the sport, especially the commentators.
  • Thinks the hardcore Madden fans will be happy.
  • Adding player authenticity, which will be stressed heavily.
  • Getting the players to act and behave like they do in real life.
  • How to embrace different levels of Madden players.
  • Everything you see on Sunday, is still the ultimate goal.
  • Roughtly, mid-March the communication between the communities begin.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 seriousluboy83 @ 02/07/10 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Bro just chill out ok. I wasn't directing it straight to you. I was just making a point in general. I knew what you was meaning.

So say that in a general post don't quote me...when you quote someone that means your talking to them

# 42 g2thecore @ 02/07/10 10:10 PM
Yeah to be honest that video blog was really pointless...No info whatsoever...Oh well, I'll wait till March....

# 43 SHAKYR @ 02/07/10 10:12 PM
I watch the Madden blog and I'm really nervous hearing realism and arcade paired together. I think Madden Arcade was good enough... Simulation and arcade just don't mesh together. It's either or... Mark Trunnell has me thinking when you try to grab everybody you still are going to make the die-hard upset... I can see it now the complaining starting.

When you hire someone with a certain background most of the time that is what you bring them on board for.... their background. How do you create a realistic game that keeps a 10 year old and 30 year old interested. It's nearly impossible when it comes to a sports game when the 30 year old is a die-hard sports fan.

I'm a Community Leader(not for this game)...might not be after this, but the producers listen...that's all they do. Do they actually take the community ideas and thoughts in to consideration...sometimes.

I think I'm too out-spoken to be a Moderator or Community Leader. I want a sports game to represent the sport it's supposed to be realistically.

# 44 Tengo Juego @ 02/07/10 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
its better than nothing
Hardly. But whatever.

# 45 RGiles36 @ 02/07/10 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Yeah to be honest that video blog was really pointless...No info whatsoever...Oh well, I'll wait till March....
Eh, I think pointless is a strong word. There was a purpose and if not for some of our expectations, I think the purpose was fulfilled.

While I still say it was underwhelming, it had more 'pop' than I thought it would. I enjoyed the parts where Ian asked the team what were they most looking forward to for '11. If you're in the business of assuming, they're were some nuggets to be pulled out of those segments that hint where the emphasis is being placed for this next Madden.

# 46 adembroski @ 02/07/10 10:22 PM
Credit to cdj from Ncaa Strategies. http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia....php?p=2264716

# 47 Trey79 @ 02/07/10 10:24 PM
Physics Physics Physics.

# 48 g2thecore @ 02/07/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Credit to cdj from Ncaa Strategies. http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia....php?p=2264716

Umm...Can you tell me what those boards say? I can't read none of that...

# 49 CLEAR17 @ 02/07/10 10:31 PM
Im calling it now. Hammond is out. Check the vid during Ronnie Morales Audio designer. At the 1:30 mark "Hammond" is written on the board, but it has lines through as if he is crossed out.

Maybe a hint, maybe nothing but see it for yourself.

Also the name Cris is above Hammond, but not crossed out,

My fingers are crossed for Al Michaels!!!

# 50 adembroski @ 02/07/10 11:01 PM
Credit on this one is all mine.

# 51 Millennium @ 02/07/10 11:11 PM
In the second still frame, BIG RED LETTERS says REALISTIC.

Under that a few lines it definitely says Vel Spd Up, which I guess means the throws.

# 52 Nadal @ 02/07/10 11:13 PM
Thanks for the video.

I enjoyed Madden NFL 10, but I do agree that the animations and such need to be much more fluent and natural looking (especially in the passing and blocking game).

Hopefully the team can take a big step and make Madden NFL 11 truly authentic - which is really hard to do in sports games.

# 53 adembroski @ 02/07/10 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17
Im calling it now. Hammond is out. Check the vid during Ronnie Morales Audio designer. At the 1:30 mark "Hammond" is written on the board, but it has lines through as if he is crossed out.

Maybe a hint, maybe nothing but see it for yourself.

Also the name Cris is above Hammond, but not crossed out,

My fingers are crossed for Al Michaels!!!
I don't think Hammond would even be on anyone's whiteboard if he were eliminated. That's more like he's finished some task related to Hammond's audio but has yet to do Cris'.

I think John Taylor's whiteboard can be visible if you catch it at the right moment. I can't seem to do so.

There's something on John Taylor's dev kit screen... it looks like it says Madden, then something unintelligible, then "online"... not sure if that means anything.

Donny's board speculates on who should maybe be 99 overalls (Allen, Johnson, Manning, and Asomugha are listed... I must disagree on all but Manning there). Also speculates 99 speed guys (Johnson, Jackson, Hester).

# 54 adembroski @ 02/07/10 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
In the second still frame, BIG RED LETTERS says REALISTIC.
After that line it says A.I. in parentheses.

# 55 BlueNGold @ 02/07/10 11:19 PM
Quote:
Great job on the pic. Looks like crowd chants will be in.

I'm getting pretty excited for this game. For the most part, it seems they are heading for a full on sim game. It's just that part with that Turmell guy bothered me.

I understand wanting to draw in more players and make Madden "more accessible" but the way you do that isn't as hard as they think it is. All they have to do is have in game tutorials on how to play the game. Simple as that. No need to dumb down the game or anything like that to make it "more accessible". Just teach the player.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to Madden 11. Thankfully I have a solid online franchise to carry me through the wait.

# 56 Millennium @ 02/07/10 11:20 PM
Quote:
After that line it says A.I. in parentheses.
Isn't that Turmell's board, too?

# 57 huskerwr38 @ 02/07/10 11:21 PM
Quote:

It looks like they are talking about crowd specific chants...at the top it says, Go Pack Go, and Fly Eagles Fly, etc.. So maybe those will be in the game after all?

# 58 adembroski @ 02/07/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Great job on the pic. Looks like crowd chants will be in.

I'm getting pretty excited for this game. For the most part, it seems they are heading for a full on sim game. It's just that part with that Turmell guy bothered me.

I understand wanting to draw in more players and make Madden "more accessible" but the way you do that isn't as hard as they think it is. All they have to do is have in game tutorials on how to play the game. Simple as that. No need to dumb down the game or anything like that to make it "more accessible". Just teach the player.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to Madden 11. Thankfully I have a solid online franchise to carry me through the wait.
I think, assuming there is a Community Day, that will be when we get a read on Turmell. A few guys from OS will probably be invited, and they'll get a read on him. I'm a lot less nervous than I was when his arrival was first announced.

First off, I don't think his impact on M11 will be particularly great anyways... so if he does go on to destroy everything, hopefully M11 will be a 2k5 level great football game that can last us 5 years or so:P

But seriously, I am seeing no change in tone from the team itself, Ian in particular, and yes, I've exchanged missives on this very subject as I expressed my own concern about the guy.

# 59 SteelerSpartan @ 02/07/10 11:26 PM
as I thought...meh, but its to be expected

lol, Manning Unstoppable

The 1st info blog better be titled

Physics !! Physics !! Physics!!!!!!!!!

# 60 adembroski @ 02/07/10 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Isn't that Turmell's board, too?
I believe so, yes. I'm a bit confused by the titles. Doesn't it seem like Ian and Mark's job titles are a bit too similar in what they describe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
It looks like they are talking about crowd specific chants...at the top it says, Go Pack Go, and Fly Eagles Fly, etc.. So maybe those will be in the game after all?
It also mentions Hail to the 'Skins which, iirc, is a fight song, not a crowd chant. Perhaps we could see Skol Vikings as well, and other team fight songs playing as part of the game intros.

I'd love to see them really go all out on the in-stadium atmosphere. If the crowd and announcers are good enough, it doesn't matter how bad Hammond is. I can shut him off and go with on-the-field/in-the-stands kind of presentation and I'll be fine with that. I'd rather be in the stadium than at home watching the game anyways.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.