Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Quick Hits
  • Want to bring emotion of the sport, especially the commentators.
  • Thinks the hardcore Madden fans will be happy.
  • Adding player authenticity, which will be stressed heavily.
  • Getting the players to act and behave like they do in real life.
  • How to embrace different levels of Madden players.
  • Everything you see on Sunday, is still the ultimate goal.
  • Roughtly, mid-March the communication between the communities begin.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 LBzrule @ 02/08/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
On the topic of a new play by play guy, I present to you....Gus Johnson.

That's damn good. You can feel the emotion. Having that in game would be crazy.

# 102 CLEAR17 @ 02/08/10 06:58 PM
I'm enjoying all the commentary talk. The big key to me is Madden gets a real team that we all hear on tv.

I think these are all the big name tv guys for each network?

Ranked in () of my favorite

Fox- Aikman and Buck (1)
CBS- Jim and Simms (4)
NBC- Collinsworth and Michaels (2)
ESPN- Trico, Gruden, Jaws (3)
NFL Network- Hammond and Gumbel (5)

Not sure if i got em right. Michaels is my favorite, but Collinsworth brings them down to #2

# 103 jyoung @ 02/08/10 08:07 PM
Joe Buck is a terrible announcer living off his father's legacy.

Give me Gus Johnson or give me death!

# 104 Blkcanes @ 02/08/10 08:14 PM
This does not have anything to do with th video I have not been on in some time, is the new draft formula going to be implemented in Madden 11?

# 105 BlueNGold @ 02/08/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17
I'm enjoying all the commentary talk. The big key to me is Madden gets a real team that we all hear on tv.

I think these are all the big name tv guys for each network?

Ranked in () of my favorite

Fox- Aikman and Buck (1)
CBS- Jim and Simms (4)
NBC- Collinsworth and Michaels (2)
ESPN- Trico, Gruden, Jaws (3)
NFL Network- Hammond and Gumbel (5)

Not sure if i got em right. Michaels is my favorite, but Collinsworth brings them down to #2
NFL Network is Bob Papa and Matt Millen. You might as well cross them off the list immediately.

I have a feeling Hammond didn't get cut from the game though. It would be more work to get a new guy in and get him doing lines than it would be to just build on the commentary Hammond already has in place.

# 106 Vikes1 @ 02/08/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
How about the Vikings announcer Paul Allen?
"I always loved that one"

Yep CK...I listen to PA every morning.

# 107 adembroski @ 02/08/10 10:53 PM
Double post, see below.

# 108 adembroski @ 02/08/10 10:53 PM
I vote for Gene Deckerhoff

# 109 ucas005 @ 02/08/10 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
"I always loved that one"

Yep CK...I listen to PA every morning.
"WHO!" Kidding. Hearing PA on Madden would be hilarious. Imagine it now "Nooooooooooo!"

# 110 Evan_OS @ 02/08/10 11:52 PM
Glad to see EA is looking into better presentation, would like too see a bigger animation library though. I see that David Tyree catch like 3 times again.

# 111 TheWatcher @ 02/09/10 11:19 AM
They've got to get skintones right. This was a huge miss in Madden 10. It's been a problem for years in Madden actually, but 10 was where the bottom totally fell out. I suggest they use the in-game photos of NFL players rather than headshots in order to determine what a player's actual skintone is. When Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones are many shades lighter in Madden than in real life, it just makes you furl your brow.
There is going to need to be an almost complete overhaul of post-play player reactions in order to accomplish that. Save for a few animations, these are terrible right now, and to make it worse the players celebrate way too much, or do the same one over and over, and even celebrate bad plays which is really a head scratcher.

This sounds like a multi-year project that will have to carry over into the next generation. I just can't see it being nailed year one or two.
Pre and post play camera angles improved a lot in Madden 10, but this still remains the biggest thing holding them back when it comes to broadcast camera work. I think a number of us have given some solid TV-style examples that need to be in the game over the past few seasons, but what it all comes down to is that they've got to copy exactly what's being done on TV.

I say, each season you take the Super Bowl and you copy the work they did there, because the Super Bowl is where the networks pull out all the stops (although with this year's Super Bowl I thought the camera work was kinda boring, so I'd go with what was implemented in Super Bowl 43, as NBC put on a clinic for how it should be done).

# 112 turftickler @ 02/09/10 02:27 PM
Complete waste of 8 minutes. Looking forward to hearring more about the "New Innovatie Take on the Madden NFL series".

# 113 DaveDQ @ 02/09/10 03:20 PM
I wasn't expecting much, but that John Taylor guy looks like he has zero interest. In fact, he almost looks like his attitude sucks.

Maybe because I'm older, but I got a very silly college humor feel from the whole thing. I just think people would look a little more excited.

# 114 ch46647 @ 02/09/10 04:15 PM
Dave, I got the same feeling from that guy. He literally looked like he had no interest in anything he was doing. (talking about) Fortunately, I do think Ian has the passion to return Madden to its glory days but hopefully he has the talent, leadership, and ENTHUSIASM of others around him.

# 115 DaveDQ @ 02/09/10 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Dave, I got the same feeling from that guy. He literally looked like he had no interest in anything he was doing. (talking about) Fortunately, I do think Ian has the passion to return Madden to its glory days but hopefully he has the talent, leadership, and ENTHUSIASM of others around him.
Ian obviously cares. He gave a lot to the community side last year and you can tell he cares about how the community responds. There's just a few moments where that Taylor guy almost looks like he rolls his eyes. I know the video was mostly in fun and very casual, I just got a bad vibe from that section of it.

# 116 SageInfinite @ 02/09/10 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
They've got to get skintones right. This was a huge miss in Madden 10. It's been a problem for years in Madden actually, but 10 was where the bottom totally fell out. I suggest they use the in-game photos of NFL players rather than headshots in order to determine what a player's actual skintone is. When Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones are many shades lighter in Madden than in real life, it just makes you furl your brow.
There is going to need to be an almost complete overhaul of post-play player reactions in order to accomplish that. Save for a few animations, these are terrible right now, and to make it worse the players celebrate way too much, or do the same one over and over, and even celebrate bad plays which is really a head scratcher.

This sounds like a multi-year project that will have to carry over into the next generation. I just can't see it being nailed year one or two.
Pre and post play camera angles improved a lot in Madden 10, but this still remains the biggest thing holding them back when it comes to broadcast camera work. I think a number of us have given some solid TV-style examples that need to be in the game over the past few seasons, but what it all comes down to is that they've got to copy exactly what's being done on TV.

I say, each season you take the Super Bowl and you copy the work they did there, because the Super Bowl is where the networks pull out all the stops (although with this year's Super Bowl I thought the camera work was kinda boring, so I'd go with what was implemented in Super Bowl 43, as NBC put on a clinic for how it should be done).
Excellent post as usual. I totally agree, especially about the pre and post play animations. There needs to be a greater variety and the animations need to be longer. Even thought Ian said it wasn't about long pretty animations, Madden is in need of them in certain areas.

# 117 JMD @ 02/10/10 06:10 AM
I like others here was not expecting to get much info this early in the games development. I am however looking forward to seeing just what EA has in store for Madden 11. I was just about done with Madden 10 until Ultimate Team came out, now I can't stop playing it. I hope they carry UT over to Madden 11 with some improvements.

# 118 Sanchez_Mareno @ 02/11/10 06:28 AM
It was a Seinfeld style blog. About nothing

# 119 Valdarez @ 02/11/10 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
It was a Seinfeld style blog. About nothing
lol, excellent analysis. Love me some Seinfeld!

# 120 Valdarez @ 02/11/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysky
Did he say that slowing down the game speed was a good thing? Oh lord. Here comes another bad Madden
Disagree completely. The slowing down of Madden 10 was one of the best decisions made regarding the new direction. The slower speed not only made the running game more viable but made the animations more smooth (as the rendering engine could process the animations better). Slower speeds allow you to appreciate what's happening on the field more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.