Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Quick Hits
  • Want to bring emotion of the sport, especially the commentators.
  • Thinks the hardcore Madden fans will be happy.
  • Adding player authenticity, which will be stressed heavily.
  • Getting the players to act and behave like they do in real life.
  • How to embrace different levels of Madden players.
  • Everything you see on Sunday, is still the ultimate goal.
  • Roughtly, mid-March the communication between the communities begin.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 splff3000 @ 02/11/10 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Disagree completely. The slowing down of Madden 10 was one of the best decisions made regarding the new direction. The slower speed not only made the running game more viable but made the animations more smooth (as the rendering engine could process the animations better). Slower speeds allow you to appreciate what's happening on the field more.
I disagree with your disagree . That is your opinion. The normal speed, last year, was the perfect speed IMO. When they switched everything to slow, I traded Madden in a few days later. I've since picked it back up at a bargain bin price on Craigslist and was reminded how great normal speed is when I started an offline franchise.

IMO, slow speed is quite unrealistic. It takes so long for a pass rush to get to the QB that most games online you're getting shredded by the pass game. I will agree that the animations do look better on slow, but the feel is not right for me. It feels like I'm playing on dial up or something. I'm not gonna get into an argument with you though, because it was proven by a poll that was done here that it's about 50/50 for those that want slow speed as opposed to those that want normal speed. I guess the best thing they can do is give both speeds as an option.

# 122 Valdarez @ 02/11/10 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I disagree with your disagree . That is your opinion. The normal speed, last year, was the perfect speed IMO. When they switched everything to slow, I traded Madden in a few days later. I've since picked it back up at a bargain bin price on Craigslist and was reminded how great normal speed is when I started an offline franchise.

IMO, slow speed is quite unrealistic. It takes so long for a pass rush to get to the QB that most games online you're getting shredded by the pass game. I will agree that the animations do look better on slow, but the feel is not right for me. It feels like I'm playing on dial up or something. I'm not gonna get into an argument with you though, because it was proven by a poll that was done here that it's about 50/50 for those that want slow speed as opposed to those that want normal speed. I guess the best thing they can do is give both speeds as an option.
What disagreeing on a forum? Is that allowed?

I agree there are some gameplay issues that still need to be addressed, but I separate those from the game speed. I haven't played online either so I can't honestly speak towards what it's like in an online match. I do know that APF2K8 had slower speeds, and I absolutely love that game. It allowed you to appreciate the small nuances of the game in real time, to actually maneuver in the pocket, and even use the QB evade stick effectively, not to mention that tipped passes (which were definitely exaggerated) were far more exciting when slowed down.

They have a LOT of gameplay issues to work out, but I view those as completely separate beasts to slay in and of themselves, rather than problems birthed by slower game speeds. The faster speeds just help hide many of the gameplay issues (responsiveness to button presses is the perfect example).

# 123 Valdarez @ 02/12/10 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
While I think of it, didn't they slow Normal down by 6 to 10% this year? I'm fairly certain you have to play on fast/very fast (one of the two) in order to play at the speed of Madden '09.

# 124 ch46647 @ 02/12/10 11:55 AM
I did like the fact that Madden slowed the speed down. However, I think in doing this it threw the game out of whack. The game is not tuned correctly to each speed. Valdarez is correct that the animations on slow play out much better, however the OL/DL interaction is better on Fast. Also, the timing in the passing game is thrown off on all the different levels.

The problem is, everyone wanted the speed slowed down (myself included) because everything was moving in hyper speed in previous next-gen Maddens. But I think this was happening because the animations and no locomotion made everything look terrible. They need to settle on one speed, tune the entire game to work correctly on that speed, re-do and add a TON of new animations, and add a proper locomotion/physics system. (Hopefully that system would negate all the warping and suction and all the other things that make the game feel like it is moving in hyper speed)

# 125 darknmild @ 02/13/10 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtz
Just make the NFL version of MLB the Show and we'll all be happy.
I agree cant beat that

# 126 DLight03 @ 02/14/10 09:44 PM
I think getting people involved in this way is always good. But don't come to expect this kind of thing. Often teams undertake these kind of ideas and then the lack of work they're actually doing forces them to stop updating.

# 127 Bonee @ 02/15/10 10:38 AM
I only play online-games (in a league, not EASO).

I think the game speed on M10 is pretty good when it comes to the ground attack but when it comes to O-Line/D-Line action on a passing play M10 feels to slow. The QB gets too much time to read the D and throw the ball which makes the passing on M10 much too easy at times.

I like playing M10 in my league a lot but the guys doing M11 may need to change the O-Line/D-Line actions in the game. There needs to be an invention that makes the line-play more realistic while getting "real" pockets or double attack/blocking. Even though M10 made some steps in the right direction there is still suction blocking, stupid blocking AI on a run (at times) and no realistic pass-rush timing for a QB to get into trouble.

I also think there should be a "set QB's feed" button giving your QB a better accuracy when throwing. I can not do a real QB stand when manually doing the 3-5 step dropback. The QB just sets up his feed like he should when I let the CPU make the QB dropback after the snap.

# 128 boooey @ 02/15/10 02:06 PM
You know.. I have been really critical of Ian in the past, but after watching this video, and seeing part of the team behind Madden, I am left with the impression that Ian is really surrounded by a group of uninspired guys.

Donny seemed very credible and enthusiastic which is cool, but other than that, this video did nothing to show me that this Madden will be any different than previous years..

Maybe Ian just caught these guys on an off day, but most of them seemed like they were sleeping, and totally not interested.

# 129 splff3000 @ 02/15/10 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
You know.. I have been really critical of Ian in the past, but after watching this video, and seeing part of the team behind Madden, I am left with the impression that Ian is really surrounded by a group of uninspired guys.

Donny seemed very credible and enthusiastic which is cool, but other than that, this video did nothing to show me that this Madden will be any different than previous years..

Maybe Ian just caught these guys on an off day, but most of them seemed like they were sleeping, and totally not interested.
+1

I totally agree with this.

# 130 SteelerSpartan @ 02/16/10 06:22 AM
To compare check out vid docs from the FN4 and NHL 10 teams

# 131 reo @ 02/16/10 06:25 AM
Ian worked from the bottom up from what I understand . . .

# 132 Hughjackman @ 02/18/10 01:25 AM
Thanks for the video.

I enjoyed Madden NFL 10, but I do agree that the animations and such need to be much more fluent and natural looking
(especially in the passing and blocking game).

# 133 boooey @ 02/21/10 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I saw that to. Are they passionate about the game? Or is it "just a paycheck" to these guys?

Guess we'll see.....
Sega,
I think you hit on a very key word.. "passionate"
In that video outside of Ian and Donny, the rest of those dudes just seemed to give me bad vibes.

That Madden History wall and Conf room ball pit looks very nice and expensive though

# 134 lasthour @ 02/21/10 09:53 PM
These guys just do come off to me as "gamers", not in a gaming sense or individually. I guess I did not feel a connection with them. Hopefully they are just not camera friendly and their nerves where bad.

# 135 oneamongthefence @ 02/25/10 03:08 PM
I think the cpu reacts on fast speed while the game is on slow speed imo.

# 136 Vikes1 @ 02/26/10 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski

Unless the game on the field is better, all the extras mean nothing.

It's not the announcers, the atmosphere, the fans, the celebrations, the towels, the shoes, or any of those things that make the NFL. It's the players and their play.
I agree with a lot of what you've said here Fcabanski.

Of course the announcers, atmosphere, etc...has it's place in a great sports game. But I do agree with you...make a simply great, realistic playing NFL football game, and they will come.

In fact, thats what I'm waiting for. To hear/see that many of the things gameplay wise that have held Madden back from being great...have been truly addressed. Until then...I'm sitting it out.

# 137 DJ @ 02/27/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I vote for Gene Deckerhoff

Gene's been the PA voice for NCAA and Madden for a while now.

# 138 vaderdog @ 02/27/10 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I agree with a lot of what you've said here Fcabanski.

Of course the announcers, atmosphere, etc...has it's place in a great sports game. But I do agree with you...make a simply great, realistic playing NFL football game, and they will come.

In fact, thats what I'm waiting for. To hear/see that many of the things gameplay wise that have held Madden back from being great...have been truly addressed. Until then...I'm sitting it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski
The thing that struck me most from this video was the constant harping on the atmosphere and extras to make Madden feel like real football. It's the sound, the announcers, the celebrations, the shoes, the uniforms, the logos, the stadium atmosphere, the fans, and all the other things.

That isn't the case. What makes NFL football NFL football is the players and the game. Announcers do their thing in reaction to the players on the field.

Years ago I attended a Vikings practice. It was 2005 and Kleinsasser was coming off knee surgery. I was there with the Madden football bus, showing off the latest Madden football. Most of the players swarmed the bus to see the latest game, but Kleinsasser remained on the field running routes and making catches. After practice I asked him if he didn't like Madden football. He said he loved it, but he had to get back to 100% so had to work extra hard.

That's what makes football. The best athletes working hard, then performing on game day.

In Madden 2010 the scores become insane, even if teams aren't gaining a lot of yards. The game on the field is unrealistic. What's worse is that if you tweak sliders so that a star running back performs like a star, then even scrub RB's perform like stars.

Unless the game on the field is better, all the extras mean nothing.

It's not the announcers, the atmosphere, the fans, the celebrations, the towels, the shoes, or any of those things that make the NFL. It's the players and their play.
+1

# 139 Valdarez @ 03/06/10 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
**Slight edit/clarification - I'm fed up with Microsoft Xbox 360...never had a problem with my old faithful Xbox.

Signed,
"Fumbilitis" Tom
Off topic, but I'm right there with you. My second one is freezing now and M$ wants $100 to fix. IMHO there is a freeze problem they haven't fessed up to and we need to open a class action lawsuit against them.

# 140 dolfanfrank @ 03/12/10 09:56 PM
Some one posted Gene Deckerhoff Im not sure if the play-by-play guy is being replaced if so and Im sure they have a replacement already but I've always been a fan of Gus Johnson

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.