Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The gang over at NCAA Strategies have posted some still images from the Madden NFL 11 video blog, which was posted yesterday, at halftime of the Super Bowl. Do you see any more good nuggets in here?

Check it out, right here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mjussawalla @ 02/08/10 12:10 PM
Cool

I wonder if Vel Speed Up hints at an improved player acceleration model. (NCAA guys, are you listening?)

# 2 Nadal @ 02/08/10 01:08 PM
Spoiler

# 3 davjaffe @ 02/08/10 01:21 PM
This is purely conjecture, but based on the images and the video, it seems to me that some of Turmell's focus on "accessibility" may manifest itself through on-screen guidance (such as "flashing" the open receiver, or giving enhanced audio/visual/tactile feedback about an approaching defender).

That doesn't seem like a bad thing to me. Far from the dreaded "arcade" label that is being thrown around so liberally.

# 4 LBzrule @ 02/08/10 01:25 PM
Awesome, Ravens Blitz package

# 5 mvb34 @ 02/08/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davjaffe
This is purely conjecture, but based on the images and the video, it seems to me that some of Turmell's focus on "accessibility" may manifest itself through on-screen guidance (such as "flashing" the open receiver, or giving enhanced audio/visual/tactile feedback about an approaching defender).

That doesn't seem like a bad thing to me. Far from the dreaded "arcade" label that is being thrown around so liberally.
As long as it is used on rookie mode and practice mode..

# 6 davjaffe @ 02/08/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
As long as it is used on rookie mode and practice mode..
I agree. No need for it on All-Pro, All-Madden, etc. But a relatively harmless addition, in any case - one that won't interfere with core gameplay. I would assume such a feature could be disabled by the user, anyway.

# 7 Nadal @ 02/08/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Unil I hear otherwise, I'm thinking that just means Hammond's commentary has been recorded already. A check-off list, if you will.
Good point.

# 8 marcoyk @ 02/08/10 04:14 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha 99 overall after he'd been lowered to a 97 from 99 in the last rosters updates?? Kind of weird but not a big deal. Hail to the Redskins!!!

# 9 huskerwr38 @ 02/08/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I like seeing Realistic (A.I.), stadium sounds, PB info all on the boards.

Funny cause all that stuff was supposed to be in the game last year or at least it was talked about in the blogs.

# 10 Jays20593 @ 02/08/10 07:55 PM
No Tom Hammond

# 11 Step2001 @ 02/09/10 09:42 AM
Where was Lead Designer for Franchise Mode "Josh Looman"? Is he still on the Madden Team?

# 12 xxjustblazexx @ 02/09/10 10:10 AM
99 spd-D.Hester

Taking a big leap of faith and assuming my boy devin is a 99 speed yet again

And i'll sit and see if hammond is still in

# 13 Antec @ 02/09/10 10:31 AM
Maybe 'dive' means they are fixing it so you don't fumble half the time that you dive in the open field to stretch for more yards.

# 14 buttsakk @ 02/09/10 10:35 AM
I think the Tom Hammond thing means they're done with the Audio recordings for him...

But I'm like everyone else and hoping he is gone

# 15 roadman @ 02/09/10 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Funny cause all that stuff was supposed to be in the game last year or at least it was talked about in the blogs.
Ian already explained that what was said in some blogs didn't get in the final cut of the game.

It's similar to the business world. If you work on a project for 6 to 9 months a year, some things that were ideas in the beginning are not in the final build.

# 16 Nadal @ 02/09/10 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjustblazexx
99 spd-D.Hester

Taking a big leap of faith and assuming my boy devin is a 99 speed yet again

And i'll sit and see if hammond is still in
There's no reason for Hester to be stripped of his 99 speed.

It's not his fault the Bears' coaching staff totally destroyed his effectiveness in the return game and turned him into an average receiver. That doesn't make him any slower.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.