Home
Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 News Post

Most wrestling fans are happy to tune in each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday night and see their favorite characters battle it out on TV. But some wrestling fans are more interested in what goes on behind the scenes than what happens on the small screen. If you have ever wanted to be Vince McMahon or Eric Bischoff, this game is for you. Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 does one thing better than any pro-wrestling simulation that you have ever played: It gives you the feeling of running a wrestling promotion from top to bottom.

Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 (TEW 2010 for short) is the fourth installment in the TEW series from Adam Ryland and Grey Dog Software. It has been about 18 months since Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 was released. In that time, series creator Adam Ryland has taken an enormous amount of fan feedback into consideration. The result is 200 new modifications and additions, making this the best pro-wrestling simulator on the planet.

Read More - Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 Review

Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 screenshot gallery - Click to view Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Total Extreme Wrestling 2010Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 The GIGGAS @ 02/08/10 03:57 PM
I don't understand why the writer thinks that storylines are hard to manage, although this could just be me being a TEW fanboy.

If he's talking about chained storylines, then yes, I believe he has a point. However, if he's talking about the unchained storyline feature (which has been in the game since I can remember), then I think he's a bit off base.

In unchained storylines, every angle/match that is put on that includes 2 (I believe) wrestlers from the same storyline is treated as a part of the storyline. This allows you to build a storyline on the fly (which is what I generally do), instead of having to strictly follow one.

IMO, if storylines are difficult to manage when running chained, the user should definitely try unchained.

That being said, this game is a 9.5 to me. I honestly can't think of anything I'd want added, outside of a decent multiplayer mode, instead of the tacked on multiplayer the game currently has. Something like OOTP.

For those new to the series, and frustrated with the learning curve, there's a good group of gamers here on the boards (under the Wrestling boards) that can help, and if they can't, they'll generally try to point you somewhere that might give some help. I understand that the learning curve is difficult, but that shouldn't stop anyone from playing this gem of a game.

# 2 JohnDoe8865 @ 02/08/10 04:36 PM
I was definitely speaking of the chained storylines.

I've never never felt that they were intuitive.

If, for example, I'm running an angle between 2 workers that are involved in a storyline, I'd love the option to have the available angles cut down to include only segments that would move the storyline forward. It may be a seemingly small change, but it would make the booking process so much easier and more enjoyable.

If not that, then perhaps open up chained storylines slightly to allow more than one strict path to advance the storyline. Not allowing any segment to advance, like an unchained storyline, but perhaps allowing 2 or 3 options or making the style of the storyline optional. Not just a set-up angle for example, but have it set to advance when a set-up, attack, or argument angle is used.

I agree that unchained storylines are fine. My problem is that because of the aggravation of using chained storylines, I almost always use the unchained option and eliminate the other 98% of the storyline options because it is such a pain to make sure you are meeting all of the specific requirements to move chained storylines forward one step.

# 3 The GIGGAS @ 02/08/10 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I was definitely speaking of the chained storylines.

I've never never felt that they were intuitive.

If, for example, I'm running an angle between 2 workers that are involved in a storyline, I'd love the option to have the available angles cut down to include only segments that would move the storyline forward. It may be a seemingly small change, but it would make the booking process so much easier and more enjoyable.

If not that, then perhaps open up chained storylines slightly to allow more than one strict path to advance the storyline. Not allowing any segment to advance, like an unchained storyline, but perhaps allowing 2 or 3 options or making the style of the storyline optional. Not just a set-up angle for example, but have it set to advance when a set-up, attack, or argument angle is used.

I agree that unchained storylines are fine. My problem is that because of the aggravation of using chained storylines, I almost always use the unchained option and eliminate the other 98% of the storyline options because it is such a pain to make sure you are meeting all of the specific requirements to move chained storylines forward one step.
Ah, JD, didn't know you wrote that.

Granted, chained storylines use some work, but I don't think of using unchained as a bad thing. Now those ideas for changing them could be put over on GDS's forums under suggestions, and it might help out Adam in realizing what we the people want out of chained storylines.

Sure, it might be nice to run through a storyline where it's written out for you, and for those new to the game, that's probably a good idea to keep in (with simplifications like you say), but I think the game gets fun when you're not just booking with a template in hand.

Then again, I am just speaking for myself, and it might be nice to have one unchained and a chained, like a seat-of-your-pants World Title feud, and then a scripted TV Title, and in those cases, it would be nice to see some improvements to the chained storylines option so that it could let you focus on what's really important.

I think that for a game like this, that your only major complaint is awesome.

# 4 waltersobchak @ 02/09/10 11:42 AM
This game is excellent. It's an automatic buy for me every time a new version is released.

I would highly recommend any and all of Adam Ryland's titles.

# 5 stlstudios189 @ 02/09/10 05:47 PM
this game sounds awesome. Is it DLC only?

# 6 Lintyfresh85 @ 02/09/10 05:51 PM
What does DLC stand for? Downloadable content?

# 7 JohnDoe8865 @ 02/09/10 06:04 PM
It is a PC game. You can download it and buy a license to use it or you can order it on the website https://www.elicense.com/greydogsoft...tore/index.asp and get a PC cd-rom delivered I think. I know the cd-rom option is still available on the order page.

# 8 JohnDoe8865 @ 02/09/10 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
What does DLC stand for? Downloadable content?
Yep

# 9 boxboy99 @ 02/09/10 11:23 PM
I remember playing the TEW series back in the day. Fun game when I used to watch some wrestling and play in email wrestling leagues back in the late 90's. Fun times.

# 10 GiantYankee @ 02/10/10 10:31 AM
Never heard of text based games before. Is there a forum on OS or somewhere else on the web where you can check out reviews of text based sports games?

# 11 GiantYankee @ 02/10/10 10:33 AM
I found it on OS! Any other sites?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.