Home
MLB 10 News Post

Here are some more OS exclusive screenshots from MLB '10: The Show.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 smearz @ 02/09/10 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Nah....he wasn't complaining...he just mentioned it.
I can't even look at the pics anymore.
I went to start up '09 again last night...and didn't even get past the XMB....

One thing I was hoping Russ would throw in the pics was some of the new overlays and the ticker so you guys could see some of that.
Having all of those new items is one reason I can't get into '09 anymore.

M.K.
Knight165
man, I'm the opposite... I've been playing 09 like crazy for the past month trying to get ready for this season. I've been putting myself to the test too - I started a short season (14 games, I think) with the Phils and I'm trying on "Legend" diffuculty. Wow. Hard isn't even the word. Unfair more like it. Pitching with Cliff Lee against the freaking Giants last night, and it felt like Antonio Bastardo against the Yankees. Gave up 4 runs in the first. WTF? Anyone have any quick insights (without needing to start another thread) about playing on Legend in 09, and also - has anyone heard how the difficulty levels are in 10? Same as in 09? different at all?

# 122 ab713 @ 02/09/10 12:43 PM
The bottle in Atlanta is a little overboard as a must have change, but I can see making a case to change the center field wall at Citifield, as that can actually affect the game on the field.

But knowing how these guys work, and how little time is actually left before this game is released; it was a gift that they were able to make some changes during the community days so late in the development cycle.

# 123 bp4baseball @ 02/09/10 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearz
man, I'm the opposite... I've been playing 09 like crazy for the past month trying to get ready for this season. I've been putting myself to the test too - I started a short season (14 games, I think) with the Phils and I'm trying on "Legend" diffuculty. Wow. Hard isn't even the word. Unfair more like it. Pitching with Cliff Lee against the freaking Giants last night, and it felt like Antonio Bastardo against the Yankees. Gave up 4 runs in the first. WTF? Anyone have any quick insights (without needing to start another thread) about playing on Legend in 09, and also - has anyone heard how the difficulty levels are in 10? Same as in 09? different at all?
I believe its the same difficulty levels in 10 but you can individually set hitting and pitching difficulties

# 124 smearz @ 02/09/10 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I believe its the same difficulty levels in 10 but you can individually set hitting and pitching difficulties
oh yes, I remember reading about this. That's cool.

Either way though, the harder difficulty levels are ridiculous. I just have this thing with games in general... I feel like I'm not getting the 'true" experience unless I play on the hardest difficulty level. But LEGEND is just punishingly brutal.

# 125 bkm1436 @ 02/09/10 01:22 PM
I posted in the new Pasta Padre thread without reading this one and I hope I don't get flamed. I wasn't trying to stir anything up but after reading this thread and the coke bottle comments, the reason we Brave fans get upset is because Turner Field is the worst looking stadium in the game. I guess we are all spoiled by SCEA doing such a great job on everything. It isn't about the proportions of the coke bottle, these aren't little nit picky things. The video ribbon that was installed in the stadium almost 5 years ago is a static, ugly blue painted on strip. There is a huge sign in right field that was modeled of a Cingular sign, a name that has been defunct for years. Now the base of that sign is a gas south K sign in real life but in the game there is this huge ugly neon sign. I know that nothing will be done again about this and it is frustrating.

I am sorry to bring this subject up again but I just wanted to let you know why the Braves fans are so vocal, we have been vocal for the last few years about these issues. In any event, I still can't wait til this game comes out and we can all enjoy this game which brings out so much passion in all of us. Thanks for reading.

# 126 Russell_SCEA @ 02/09/10 01:35 PM
And with the last couple of pages in this thread I vow to never post another screen shot of anything Atlanta Braves

# 127 countryboy @ 02/09/10 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm1436
I posted in the new Pasta Padre thread without reading this one and I hope I don't get flamed. I wasn't trying to stir anything up but after reading this thread and the coke bottle comments, the reason we Brave fans get upset is because Turner Field is the worst looking stadium in the game. I guess we are all spoiled by SCEA doing such a great job on everything. It isn't about the proportions of the coke bottle, these aren't little nit picky things. The video ribbon that was installed in the stadium almost 5 years ago is a static, ugly blue painted on strip. There is a huge sign in right field that was modeled of a Cingular sign, a name that has been defunct for years. Now the base of that sign is a gas south K sign in real life but in the game there is this huge ugly neon sign. I know that nothing will be done again about this and it is frustrating.

I am sorry to bring this subject up again but I just wanted to let you know why the Braves fans are so vocal, we have been vocal for the last few years about these issues. In any event, I still can't wait til this game comes out and we can all enjoy this game which brings out so much passion in all of us. Thanks for reading.

# 128 nemesis04 @ 02/09/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
And with the last couple of pages in this thread I vow to never post another screen shot of anything Atlanta Braves
And the crowd goes wild!

# 129 cnelly4 @ 02/09/10 01:37 PM
Quote:

Haha! Perfect!

# 130 bkm1436 @ 02/09/10 01:42 PM
Well, sorry if I offended anyone, especially Russell. I know that you provide a fantastic service to all of us fans and appreciate the tasty morsels that you dangle in front of us and I appreciate all of your hard work and effort.

# 131 countryboy @ 02/09/10 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
And the crowd goes wild!

LOL...those smileys are awesome.

# 132 Braves Fan @ 02/09/10 01:53 PM
Quote:
So all Braves fans are going to be punished?

Disappointing.

# 133 stlchamp10 @ 02/09/10 01:59 PM
There's a lot of butt-hurt in this thread.

# 134 nemesis04 @ 02/09/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchamp10
There's a lot of butt-hurt in this thread.

# 135 countryboy @ 02/09/10 02:15 PM
Quote:
LOL

# 136 Speedy @ 02/09/10 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm1436

This is insanity. I personally thought Turner field looked spectacular last year, especially the wall graphics which I didn't expect to see @ all...this generation is so spoiled.

What I don't understand is all of the complaining about stadiums. I understand the request about Citi Field with their news but for the rest: there were feedback threads in a feedback forum which a dev created so obviously most of you didn't make your requests for game improvements in the ample time which was given.

If I was him (I'm not very merciful) I'd tell you all to pound sand. Russell - I don't blame your perspective but this isn't the mind of every Braves fan!

# 137 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/09/10 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
So all Braves fans are going to be punished?

Disappointing.

Punished?

You all have been nothing but gifted. My goodness. There are some people who have nothing of their teams or stadiums.

Granted most did not request Braves this, Turner that, cow-dog this when asked not to request, but still. IMO, it was lucky to see all the Braves stuff considering he asked for people not to request, and they were the most requested.

# 138 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/09/10 02:16 PM
Quote:
And the crowd goes wild!

# 139 Braves Fan @ 02/09/10 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Punished?

You all have been nothing but gifted. My goodness. There are some people who have nothing of their teams or stadiums.
I understand that but is Russell going out of his way to not show pics of those teams based on the actions of a few? I doubt it.

He pretty much said he's not going to show any more Braves pics because the way some Braves fans have acted on this thread.

Not all Braves fans are complaining about the Coke Bottle, personally I could care less about it. I don't notice it when I'm playing, it's just not that big of a deal but I would like to see Braves pics if Russell can find some more. If he doesn't put them up there that's fine but it's disappointing to hear him say he's going to make sure to shut us out because of what's been posted in this thread. I"m not sure that's fair to us that haven't complained.

# 140 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/09/10 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan

He pretty much said he's not going to show any more Braves pics because the way some Braves fans have acted on this thread.

I did not take it as that. I took it as he wont show any more, and will show others because of people being tired of them. Even some select outspoken Braves fans.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.