Home
Pro Evo 2011 News Post

Andriasang has posted some interesting information on major changes headed to the Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 / Winning Eleven series.

Quote:
"The updates will come in both graphics and gameplay areas. Winning Eleven games until now, he said, have been just extensions of the Famicom era. Players were fine with this through the PlayStation 2 , but the development staff now need to change their concepts and ideas to something more appropriate for the new generation machines like Xbox 360 and PS3."

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 psymin1 @ 02/09/10 06:52 PM
This could be a very good thing to make it more sim, or they could completely ruin the fun I have with this game. I am DEFINITELY interested in how things will turn out, though. The biggest change needs to be in their animations because most of the problems with PES 2010 stem from that I feel.

# 2 ezio @ 02/09/10 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymin1
This could be a very good thing to make it more sim, or they could completely ruin the fun I have with this game. I am DEFINITELY interested in how things will turn out, though. The biggest change needs to be in their animations because most of the problems with PES 2010 stem from that I feel.
I agree. I enjoy the game this year again but I agree the animations need some work. It is better than fifa again though IMO. Last year I felt Fifa was better.

# 3 rockchisler @ 02/10/10 02:31 AM
Wow This sounds exactly like what NBA 2k series need, since they are still using code from Ps2 era..

# 4 BrianFifaFan @ 02/11/10 02:47 PM
I'm intrigued. I'll be lining up to try out the PC version next fall!

# 5 carnalnirvana @ 02/12/10 08:57 PM
i hope they dont get too caught up in the graphics chase with fifa and lose the core gameplay that separetes the 2 games

also i hope this is not a new beginning that require 3 installments to get working smoothly

oh well cant fight change

# 6 BrianFifaFan @ 03/25/10 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i hope they dont get too caught up in the graphics chase with fifa and lose the core gameplay that separetes the 2 games

also i hope this is not a new beginning that require 3 installments to get working smoothly

oh well cant fight change
I think we'll have a game with the same graphics that PES has now. Now, I'm thinking that aniamtions and improved player control is where they'll throw the effort. Which I don't think will be a worry. Unless they scrap their ratings system, I think you'll still have the depth of individuality that separates the two games. But I'm not gonna lie; bring over a knockoff of Fifa Skill stick and pair it with the CL license and I'm officially a traitor.

I already am, but it'll be permanant. I've ended up playing PES so much on my PC with the SMOKE patch, that I ended up selling Fifa10 on EBay. I'm already looking forward to PES2011 for PC more than Fifa11. Unless they can duplicate the console game for PC... After playing this game in 1080p, with the authenticity that PES brings to the table, Fifa really started to lose it's shine for me...

# 7 ezio @ 03/26/10 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I think we'll have a game with the same graphics that PES has now. Now, I'm thinking that aniamtions and improved player control is where they'll throw the effort. Which I don't think will be a worry. Unless they scrap their ratings system, I think you'll still have the depth of individuality that separates the two games. But I'm not gonna lie; bring over a knockoff of Fifa Skill stick and pair it with the CL license and I'm officially a traitor.

I already am, but it'll be permanant. I've ended up playing PES so much on my PC with the SMOKE patch, that I ended up selling Fifa10 on EBay. I'm already looking forward to PES2011 for PC more than Fifa11. Unless they can duplicate the console game for PC... After playing this game in 1080p, with the authenticity that PES brings to the table, Fifa really started to lose it's shine for me...
Your going to have to change your name

I actually have been playing fifa on the ps3 a bit more and it's good but there are certain things that are still better in PES especially the individuality like you mentioned. I had got away from PES for a bit and I think it is mostly down to the animations but I played online last night and they were fun games. It is good to have choices

# 8 TheDutchDad @ 03/26/10 02:04 PM
I've been playing FIFA and PES all year now. I play PES on the PS3 qand FIFA on the 360...both playing with Manager mode and with Master League.

I like both for what they are worth. Really enjoy being able to use the Skill Stick on FIFA, but with PES I can't really pull off any moves other than some step-overs.

Tried playing PES on the PC, and it ran great, but I just can't do the PC gaming anymore, unless it's FM. PC gaming died to me when I left college. I'd rather sit in front of my 55" TV on my couch and play games now. Plus, the patches on the PC change so often I just got tired of dealing with it.

# 9 BrianFifaFan @ 03/26/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
I've been playing FIFA and PES all year now. I play PES on the PS3 qand FIFA on the 360...both playing with Manager mode and with Master League.

I like both for what they are worth. Really enjoy being able to use the Skill Stick on FIFA, but with PES I can't really pull off any moves other than some step-overs.

Tried playing PES on the PC, and it ran great, but I just can't do the PC gaming anymore, unless it's FM. PC gaming died to me when I left college. I'd rather sit in front of my 55" TV on my couch and play games now. Plus, the patches on the PC change so often I just got tired of dealing with it.
I play PES on my 42" monitor. It looks pretty good to me! I agree both have their good points and bad. But the depth of ML, as opposed to MM, and the CL angle have me liking PES a lot right now. I have hopes the player movement and a new way of doing tricks in PES next year will happen. I still have hope for Fifa. But it had really became kinda stale for me. 3 years of pretty much the same MM become really boring. Ultimate Team and Be a Pro don't do it for me. Once I played PES, it really showed me how shallow EA's MM was. And my graphics ho ended up hating Fifa10's graphics once I got this 42" monitor. It's pretty grainy and ugly. PES is 1080p with high detail. I can see pores! Overall, I'm becoming a person seriously in need of a screen name change....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.